SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3

+3
Final Crash
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Cyberplayer
7 posters

Go down

New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3 Empty New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3

Post  Cyberplayer Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:20 am

The base game:
-Music added to the main menu and the ability to add your own custom music
(can be muted in the settings should anybody dislike this feature)
-More death sounds for female enemies like their male counterparts
-The addition of light sabers to the color editor
-Blaze will occasionally change her outfit in her store
-5.2's character nerfs and enemy buffs are removed
-The super characters from SOR3 added to the Blaze shop as cheats and can be turned on/or off anytime
-Always have 3 stars cheat can be modified to just 1 or 2 stars
-The addition of the CRT filter from the SOR1 & SOR2 3Ds ports that can be turned on/or off via the visual settings
-Abadede can now use his throw from SOR1 (I might get some hate for this)
-The inclusion of Break in the SOR3 boss rush and in Sor Maker
-The playable syndicate members now have their own cutscenes and stage dialogue other than Rudra's ending

Sor Maker:
-Electric stage hazards
-The Dr.Zero boss
-The boss version of Rudra can now use her explosive clones from route 3 in the base game
-The bulldozer boss should it not cause any problems
-Bike and jetski stages are now available
-Mr.X's "Like to join my organization?" question can be used and can also be modified for custom questions
-The unused shotguns and other unused weapons are now available
-Lastly, a brief in-game tutorial on how to use Sor Maker for beginners

Last edited by Cyberplayer on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:01 am; edited 5 times in total

Cyberplayer
Galsia

SORDave, Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 and Cyberplayer like this post

Back to top Go down

New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3 Empty Re: New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3

Post  SORDave Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:02 pm

These ideas can be useful for SOR2 New Era Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3 Empty Re: New Feature Suggestions I have for 5.3

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:02 pm

If anyone has read one of my earlier posts about additional ideas for the v5.3 update in another thread, there should be an option to allow mods to utilize their own audio/visual sets via the mod's corresponding DATA folder instead of relying to the contents of the main SoRR.DAT file, resulting in incorrect graphics and/or sound effects depending on the mod.

Also focusing on the update to SoRMaker, although the utility was never updated since the days of v5.0, there should be another feature to be placed into SoRMaker for use in their mods (my suggestion would be to place a special marker that will play a custom sound effect, such as a voice instruction or another event, whenever a player has reached a certain area in the present scene).

Also, the v5.2 update removed the two options that allow the testing of sound effects and character voices, leaving the Background Music test option untouched (it also removed the ambient sound effect for the Video Arcade scene from SoR2 in Stage 3 of the main game). I suggest these options should be reinstated in the Audio Settings sub-menu, so that they can test if the sounds work correctly. Moreover, it also removed the Display FPS option from the Video Settings sub-menu (I had to enable it manually using Cheat Engine to display the frame counter, but it gets turned back off when I play another session). Please inform the developer(s) to put that option back in, just in case anyone wants to judge the frame rate when they test the application on their system for performace purposes.

Another fact about the Controller setting's labeling: The "ATTACK" function does more than just attacking an opponent, it also allows collecting items, firing bullets or using other weapons depending on the situation (I believed SEGA just labeled it during the development of the original games decades ago and other actions assigned to it were only mentioned in the manuals), so I think the "ATTACK" label should definitely be changed to "ACTION" to make it more universal (I could have uploaded a screenshot of my mock-up just to show you, but I presently do not know how to upload a picture to my posts).

And would anyone wish to remove the Trophies section? Some gamers did not want or ask for that feature to be included, although that was introduced in v5.2! I tried playing the game as is and unlocked several achievements, but even whilst Cheat Engine or a similar utility is running with SoR Remake attached, the game will still unlock other trophies even though CE should have prevented that (I tried that as an experiment for an anti-cheating measure that unfortunately failed). Once again, would anyone want the Trophies (Achievements) feature removed, or would you leave it in?

If you are interested in some of my ideas, I will help you out.

The galaxy's #1 SoR Remake player since 2014
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Cyberplayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:01 pm

As well as normal works with fullscreen mode (not only widescreen) and normal fps unlocking (in the Xbox Original version it worked.). In Windows 8.1-11, for some reason, the game does not have a truly stable fps. But at the same time trying to be smooth. Most likely it's because of the window. However, Windows 7 did not have this problem. And also, for some reason, Vsync is disabled in the game by itself (not only in OBS.). In Windows 7 Vsync was breaking the game + delay. But at the same time there was no really smooth 60 fps. However, it was a solid stable 60 fps. In Windows 8.1-11, the game wants to be smooth but can't. Stuttering and fps drop occur Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm

Also again,there won't be a v5.3 for SORR what so ever sadly,but there is SOR2 New Era. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:01 am

SORDave wrote:Also again,there won't be a v5.3 for SORR what so ever sadly,but there is SOR2 New Era. Smile

yeah that's what where hoping for now. since devs have quit development after 5.2. their is no SORR 5.3 in sight. streets of rage 2 new era looks good btw. it was made using the unity engine and the animations look smoother compared to the SORR game which was coded/made using the BnuuGD engine/openbor.

Signal

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  saboteur Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:06 pm

Would be great to see a full number of lives, when there are more than 9.
saboteur
saboteur
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down