SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad)

+9
Sshadow5001
Don Vecta
AnderGus
MapleStory
Doomerzan
Xillatem
Rain
Bron Kast
Charco
13 posters

Go down

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad) Empty Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad)

Post  Bron Kast Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:10 pm

I have had a much harder time finding a controller that has solid AND durable D-pad that also is compatible with this game.

So instead of buying yet another controller with a decent chance of having to return it.  I wanted to see if the community has recommendations.

For context about me and my own preferences:

• I have an xBox One controller and the d-pad is okay but I find it not all that durable for the long haul
  • I do like the Switch Pro Controller's D-Pad and it has been pretty durable, but it doesn't seem to work with this game
  • I have bought a 6-button Genesis-like controller, but the durability was poor and within a couple of months the D-Pad's input was hit and miss along with being clicky

Any suggestions/thoughts?  Thanks.

Bron Kast
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad) Empty Re: Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad)

Post  Charco Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:33 pm

I have 2 8bitdo SF30 Pros and would recommend them. I've never had any issues with them and the d-pad is great.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad) Empty Re: Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad)

Post  Bron Kast Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:42 pm

I have been considering that company's products.  Thanks for the rec.

Bron Kast
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Bron Kast Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:17 pm

So I got the SN30 Pro, as I preferred the ergonomics with it. On the 8BitDo website the instructions are the same for the SN and SF models. When I open of Remake with the controller active, it keeps on selecting the Cancel, as if it is going back to the prior screen. Though when I use the keyboard and go to controllers, it doesn't recognize the Dpad or any inputs.

I really don't think there's an issue with the controller since yours work fine (and I don't 8BitDo making a different controller that somehow doesn't work with a game like Remake), so I am leaning that it is something with my machine, especially since I have to return multiple controllers just for this game.

I am running Windows 10. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot?

Bron Kast
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:52 am

Have a logitech controller d-pad and analog works with it around 15-20 dollars but they do have a bluetooth one with is the same it just cost more money and I have never seen it in stores
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 pm

This, and don't look back:

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad) YUQoKFK

(There's a Saturn one too but the d-pad is prone to breaking)
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:14 am

Bron Kast wrote:I have had a much harder time finding a controller that has solid AND durable D-pad that also is compatible with this game.

So instead of buying yet another controller with a decent chance of having to return it.  I wanted to see if the community has recommendations.

For context about me and my own preferences:

• I have an xBox One controller and the d-pad is okay but I find it not all that durable for the long haul
  • I do like the Switch Pro Controller's D-Pad and it has been pretty durable, but it doesn't seem to work with this game
  • I have bought a 6-button Genesis-like controller, but the durability was poor and within a couple of months the D-Pad's input was hit and miss along with being clicky

Any suggestions/thoughts?  Thanks.
Retrobit Sega Saturn Controller.
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  MapleStory Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:27 pm

Dualshock 4.

To put it into perspective, major fighting game tournaments have been won using it, which is a testament to how good the d-pad is.

MapleStory
Galsia

attackofthebarbarian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 pm

I use the Saturn controller myself.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 am

I'm a keyboard guy for SORR... but recently bought this lil' boy and responds so fine...

Recommended Controller (Specifically with a good D-Pad) 125763643_128623989046616_7588305193031721621_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeEGZqa7WAc5giDQD5doNRRhOsgQcNQcS0s6yBBw1BxLS4SxjYEM5ABjwkmEQFLHKBcwaGO2HOCd8b-TTZjMsu2Q&_nc_ohc=nF__sYquK14AX_EWRLP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmex22-1

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am

PS4 Controller has a half decent D-Pad. I also have an 8bitdo Snes controller
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:36 am

I use a Sega Saturn Model 2 controller. It feels perfect.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  lalolanda Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:04 am

I need to find an usb sega genesis controller Rolling Eyes

lalolanda
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  deathxxx Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:55 pm

The best controller with i make best survival records are Logitech F310. Only one thing missing - vibration.
Now i have F710, but it have only wireless connection and it's so unstable. It's super fast and responsive even with wireless connection, but it's unstable.
I have Xbox One S controller and PS4 v2 controller too.
Xbox controller have super stable BT connection, but it's not so responsive, also not so responsive even with wired connection.
PS4 controller are more responsive and with great D-pad, but have less stable connection on BT.
But still, fastest controller i ever used is Logitech F310. If F710 have wired version, it's will be my top choice.
Im survival player and i really can feel if something have a lag.
Now i can't do so much in survival with Xbox and PS4 controllers.
Also it's sad, that SorR v5.2 don't have a survival option....

deathxxx
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Another vote for the dualshock 4 best pad ever in my opinion, I would also recommend the hori fighting commander game pad as well and the dual sense (ps5) second best pad ever made.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down