SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CelesSteel

3 posters

Go down

CelesSteel Empty CelesSteel

Post  retroguy Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Hello once more, some may remember me talking about the heavily SOR inspired CelesSteel project a while back.

CelesSteel has come a long way since then, our debut comic has sadly run into a few delays, but we're still looking to release it before the years out, and we now have our official website at

www.celessteel.co.uk

Likewise the game is still in development, and we're hoping that the comic will stimulate further interest for when we're finally ready to release it.

Please do come check us out, and we'll continue to give our all to get this project off the ground :-)
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

CelesSteel Empty Re: CelesSteel

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

I had a look on the website and really like the designs, particularly the cover.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Iceferno wrote:Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

I had a look on the website and really like the designs, particularly the cover.

Oh yeah, any character/boss in particular? Sega ages titles like Golden Axe, SOR and Shinobi were huge influences on this game, hence my curiosity.

I'm glad you like the characters too, they were all designed to be quick and easy to engage with, trying to get that 80s feeling going where everything was clear and colourful.
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:57 pm

retroguy wrote:
Iceferno wrote:Interesting characters. Some of them could be Shinobi bosses. lol

Oh yeah, any character/boss in particular? Sega ages titles like Golden Axe, SOR and Shinobi were huge influences on this game, hence my curiosity.
Well, right off the bat, in your video thumbnail the middle guy has that insect samurai thing going on, and the Scorpion is quite like a Marvel character (and we all know about that infamous Spider-Man/Batman boss), so some definite similarities in there. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Iceferno wrote:
retroguy wrote:

Well, right off the bat, in your video thumbnail the middle guy has that insect samurai thing going on, and the Scorpion is quite like a Marvel character (and we all know about that infamous Spider-Man/Batman boss), so some definite similarities in there. Thumbs up

I always thought Samurai Kabutos looked cool, and felt that sort of style would work well for Kenyokai/Capricorn being a goat as they somewhat resemble horns. I see what you mean with the insect thing too, his sillouette was partly inspired by Boomer Kuwanga from Megaman X, who is apparently supposed to resemble a robot cockroach.

CelesSteel Zak_sc11

As for Zakhadar/Scorpio, he's not really based on Marvels Scorpion, it just made sense to have his tail in the same place, the he does share a similar habit of grabbing and binding enemies with his tail :-)
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, I wasn't aware of a Marvel Scorpion, but the style and influence really comes through. I'm not a comic fan, but you have a good idea marketing a comic in conjunction with a game. Could serve as a teaser for the game, with maybe some screenshots on the last page.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm

It was our initial plan to use the comic as a promotional item, but rather like the game itself, its scope rapidly expanded as the characters continued to develop, and we now see it as a stand alone item in its own right. It's a beautifully drawn (by artist Chris Puglise), fast paced and exciting read, and we're very much looking forward to releasing it in the next few months, stay tuned!
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Updated with a selection of enemies from the game. Some of these still need tweaking and tidying up for visual consistency, but we're pleased with them so far

CelesSteel Carcas11

The punk gang known as the 'Skavvs', from left to right:

Herr Gyro, Monsieur SpinAlot, Mister Twister, Sparky, Mischief, Burnz, Kitty, Skaggs, EmCee, Slugga, Trash, Luna, Shelby, Slick, Froz.T, 'The' Alpha Male, and Hijinx

CelesSteel Cult_o10

The Cult of Nil, most evil of CelesSteels enemies, will be waiting for you in the final stage... They are:

Spoonface, Arrek, Mathiar, Reekor, Malik, Zealot, Judgement and Ghoom-Ghorr
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 am

That looks awesome! Really like the design, especially on the street in the top pic.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks Ice, we're going to be continually editting and tweaking the graphics as we go for consistency, but overall we're very pleased with how it's coming along, especially the badguy designs, who we wanted to be just as distinctive and filled with personality as the player characters.
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:47 pm

We're gonna be working hard next year to try and increase CelesSteels online profile, and will be adding more test videos, animations and music to the Retrolution games Youtube channel as we gradually develop the game, here's a sample of the float system, featuring playable character Tregas (yes some of these fx are taken from SOR, they're just place holders for the time being).

With the comic finally due to launch early next year, we'll also be placing a much greater emphasis on the pursuit of additional crowd funding to help us get the project off the ground. Please help us to do this by sharing this link, and and pledges are much appreciated!

https://www.patreon.com/retroguy

For the time being we're offering posters as rewards (as well as free copy of the debut comic if we can reach our $200 monthly target), and we look forward to increasing this with additional merc if we can gradually build up our funding.
CelesSteel Ba3bd7e784a84c28822cf911b29621bf?token-time=2145916800&token-hash=VeBPiH2v7mfwOjF6DMDpHO0NxqGufwYPmBS57Zztx5w%3D

Thanks in advance folks!

Luke
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Happy 2018 folks!

This video tests more animations, this time for a couple of meter burning Super Combos with Matisya. Powerful and elaborate moves like this won't always be necessary against regular foes like Hijinx in the video, but are well used against more dangerous, durable enemies and bosses. The sfx are temporary again, but the background sample is an original taken from the game in development.
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Promo video for a future project we aim to pursue after CelesSteel, the horror themed shooter 'Paradox'

Follow me on Youtube and Twitter for all the latest project updates

https://twitter.com/retroguygaming

Anyone who wishes to help with our development goals, you can support us via Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/retroguy

Indie development is expensive, and every pledge brings us closer to realising these games, so a big thankyou to all those willing to help out Thumbs up
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Please, people, remember to contact GOG for a distribution deal, too!

Many people like supporting indie devs and indie games, but only so long as those are DRM-FREE!

Many kickstarter projects already are to appear there, some already have and games like Mother Russia bleed (old style beat em ups), are doing just fine!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:28 am

Nice update to CelesSteel. Seems to be coming together. Smile And that horror shooter looks interesting. Love the idea that you can play as an eagle.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks Ice, indy dev isn't easy going, but we're getting there, slowly but surely.

On that note, our debut comic should finally be available within the next two weeks, and will be a great way to get people better aquainted with the characters and story. I'll also be sending out review copies, so if anyone has a site of their own, or knows of suitable ones they can recommend, please do let me know

CelesSteel Cover_10
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Wed May 02, 2018 9:46 pm

After multiple delays (indy development is an unpredictable business) the comic is finally ready!

CelesSteel Comics11

I'm in the process of sending out review copys, and early feedback has been promising! Fingers crossed the comic continues to be well received, and it'll be a huge boost to this project.

Anyone who wishes to purchase one, feel free to mail me at slimber@hotmail.co.uk

SHINE!
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I've recently launched a Kickstarter to help get Part 2 of the comic off the ground, anyone who can help support us with a pledge would be greatly appreciated

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/retroguygaming/celessteel-murder-city-meltdown-part-2#

Remember, all financial support we get toward this project increases our chances of ultimately succeeding with it, so even if you're more interested in the game than the comic, or vice versa, consider supporting either, it's all a huge help to us.

Also, here's the character select screen from the game, showcasing a little more of the games music, and the overall look of the cast.

Comments and feedback welcome!
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Ever seeking new ways to keep pushing this project and build momentum, we've now released Part 1 as a digital download for free on our website, scroll down the front page for the link

https://www.celessteel.co.uk/

It's hard work getting an indie project going, but we're confident that we have something with genuine potential here worth sticking with.

Come check it out, and see why I say that...
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Cartoon promo for the project...

retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Has a very 80s quality, especially when the music kicks in. Nice teaser. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm

New Youtube video, here I talk about the challenges of acquiring crowdfunding for indiedevs

retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  retroguy Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:04 pm

We have just launched our Kickstarter to fund production of a playable demo of the game!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/retroguygaming/celessteel-playable-demo
retroguy
retroguy
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum