SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons.

+10
Nullius
Kimono
Herb1e
dhoppler
Don Vecta
salvadorc17
crystalix
JoyJoyfulRabbit
graylandertagger
celestinx
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. Empty [Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons.

Post  celestinx Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:28 am

One Save file and 7 applications/utilities. [Last update 1st Sep 2016]

100% complete game save

All levels unlocked, all shop items, all challenges and survival levels complete with highest rank and AI editor unlocked.

Download link: https://firedrop.com/11d6392bde85345c

FPG Edit 2009

Despite what some might say, this is the best version and can do a lot more for SORRV5 than the 2005 version.

This pack has 4 language packs and is in English by default but you can change to Spanish, Russian and so on by going tools>FPG edit config>language>select new language .ini file.

This utility is needed to create SORR makrer mods.

Download link: https://firedrop.com/c4a6a6f0346d83b2 (under 1mb)

FPG Optimizer

Sometimes the FPG files can come out at quite large file sizes that are not needed, these files sizes make the mods too big to upload/download. This can be minimized with the FPG Optimizer which will compress the files while still working for SORR it makes the files sizes a lot smaller. Great utility!

Just drag and drop the FPG files onto the FPG Optimizer.exe file (The one with the SOR graphic)

Download link: https://firedrop.com/70372ab0c5625417  (under 1mb)

Denoiser

For those wanting to create new enemies and playable characters, the FPG file will corrupt and add little dots over the character in-game. So they must be re-noised to work in-game. This de-noise - re-noise will allow you to take out and put in new characters. This utility is for advanced users only.

Download link: https://firedrop.com/39a8c0fdc2bd8ed8

Create your own playable characters and enemies FPG template files to replace with your own.

If you would like to create your own characters you will need a template to work from to replace another character. Here are the FPG files to replace the sprites for playable characters.

TIP: roo_char is the character but f_roo_char is also needed this is the select screen sprites.

Download link: https://firedrop.com/69f38a88dfca4623c0c2e954e4f517ac

To replace enemies in the game you will need these files and select the correct enemies to replace. If it is a complex character you will need to select a more complicated one such as shiver, as you can only replace sprites, not add new ones. This is for advanced users only. If you do it wrong the enemy will look odd and won't move around or attack you properly.

Enemies fpg files for replacing with new enemies.
Download link: https://firedrop.com/0ca27560971747c6bc64fe8f0edee2cb

Palette Manager (english/español)

It's a program to manage the palettes made for the mods of this game. You won't have to do the tedious work of renaming folders anymore.

Info:

Download Link: https://firedrop.com/28b2b5c9b1cf5d51

Cutscene Maker (v2.5.1)

This utility has its own thread here: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t69-utility-c-m-v2-5-1-for-sorr-5-1-fpg-optimizer-updated-dec-27th-2014

With this little utility you can create cutscenes easily and in a few seconds without needing to worry about the limitations of the cutscenes, having to know the portraits IDs, etc.

info:

Download link: https://firedrop.com/c643269c07db9234

SorR Launcher (english/español)

This Utility has its own thread here: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t70-utility-sorr-launcher-english-espanol

A utility to quickly launch SORR, SorMaker, Fpgedit, Cutscene Maker, Palette Manager. It works provided that all the exe files are in the same folder as the utility.

Info:

Screenshot Maker

Have you ever hated that to screen print you have to then go to paint copy the screen print to paint and then click save to keep the image before then going back to the SORRV5 game?

Well with this [Utility] - Screenshot Maker, it will automatically save the screen print in jpg, bmp or gif in a location that you choose to a screen size of your choice, this allows you to just keep clicking screen print while playing without disrupting the game play too much.

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. Sm10

The application is portable and does not require installing.
Download Link (less than 1mb): https://firedrop.com/fd1fa8caf8b9006c

Last edited by celestinx on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. Empty Re: [Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons.

Post  graylandertagger Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:25 am

celestinx wrote:
Denoiser

For those wanting to create new enemies and playable characters, the FPG file will corrupt and add little dots over the character in-game. So they must be re-noised to work in-game. This de-noise - re-noise will allow you to take out and put in new characters. This utility is for advanced users only.

Download link: https://firedrop.com/39a8c0fdc2bd8ed8

Gave the denoiser a shot since I was hoping I could try and figure out how to replace character sprites so I could make a tutorial about it.  Problem is that whenever I upload it to the FPG file, It comes out wrong.  I tried the denoiser on the punisher sprite.

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. 2016-06-19%2016_15_46-20.bmp%20lrm-%20Photos

Below I tried to replace image 10 and image 20. I wanted to simply see if I could just replace the image so I could pull this off, but when I did the image is completely red.
[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. 2016-06-19%2016_12_25-Cortana

This is the result of my attempt. The image is not only completely red, but also has a static box around it.
[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. 2016-06-19%2016_11_23-Cortana

I must not be using the denoiser right, but i'm not sure what to do. I found a compresser, but that puts it in a zip file and since the file used in mods is a FPG file it makes me even more confused. Any advice. I'll be sure to credit you in the tutorial if you help me out on this. Thanks.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. Empty Re: [Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons.

Post  celestinx Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 am

graylandertagger wrote:
Gave the denoiser a shot since I was hoping I could try and figure out how to replace character sprites so I could make a tutorial about it.  Problem is that whenever I upload it to the FPG file, It comes out wrong.  I tried the denoiser on the punisher sprite.

As crystalix said in another thread:

crystalix wrote:Here are steps as I did it:
-open fpg file with character which you want to replace
-export (in your case) sprite number 10
-put exported sprite in denoiser\pics and click denoiser
-open in photoshop exported sprite and sprite sheet of character which you want add to the game
-select sprite of your character and check dimension of selected sprite
-now you must resize exported sprite to dimension your selected sprite
-exported sprite paint on pure black 0,0,0 and paste sprite with your character
-click save, don't click save as... (I don't know why but if I click "save as" then on sprite are colorful dots during game)
-put your sprite in denoiser\pics and click noise
and that's it, your sprite is ready, also you must make control points if you need help with this, let me know.

In general you must resize existed sprites from fpg and paste sprite with your character, I tried creating new 8 bit images without this resizing but all the time I got colofrul dots on sprites during game.

If this won't help you because of my english I can make a video about replacing.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:56 pm

I wish I can do that but I hate to ruin SORR characters Razz (I haven't download that yet) instead I overlay enemy image on enemies and lazy to make more sprites of this unless I make for SOR Pancake =P

Its awesome to put like enemy1a.fpg. >_>
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 am

celestinx wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:

As crystalix said in another thread:

crystalix wrote:Here are steps as I did it:
-open fpg file with character which you want to replace
-export (in your case) sprite number 10
-put exported sprite in denoiser\pics and click denoiser
-open in photoshop exported sprite and sprite sheet of character which you want add to the game
-select sprite of your character and check dimension of selected sprite
-now you must resize exported sprite to dimension your selected sprite
-exported sprite paint on pure black 0,0,0 and paste sprite with your character
-click save, don't click save as... (I don't know why but if I click "save as" then on sprite are colorful dots during game)
-put your sprite in denoiser\pics and click noise
and that's it, your sprite is ready, also you must make control points if you need help with this, let me know.

In general you must resize existed sprites  from fpg and paste sprite with your character, I tried creating new 8 bit images without this resizing but all the time I got colofrul dots on sprites during game.

If this won't help you because of my english I can make a video about replacing.

Sorry about posting the same question. It's just I didn't get a response in time. No rush. Aside from Photoshop is there any other program I could use? Just wanted to save a few bucks since I think I downloaded photoshop before and used of the trial.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 am

Yes, all programs should work, also I used Gimp and all was fine.
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:24 pm

I used GIMP too. (I had Photoshop before but I "accidentally" uninstalled because I just want to move it to my new tablet Window Surface 4 pro :U )
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:57 pm

crystalix wrote:Yes, all programs should work, also I used Gimp and all was fine.
I downloaded Gimp. Only part of your instructions I can't seem to understand is "exported sprite paint on pure black 0,0,0 and paste sprite with your character." I'm not sure which paint option to use. Once you tell me I should be in the clear towards figuring all this out.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalix Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 pm

I made a short video for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HiJC6MKZVY
crystalix
crystalix
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 am

crystalix wrote:I made a short video for you.

Looked at the video. Glad for your help. I still am having a hiccups, but that's likely because of the fact that I've been erasing one image and replacing it with another. I'm not sure if this is what i'm doing wrong. Anyway, i'm greatful for the video you made. It helped quite a bit. I still can't seem to figure it out though. What I did was delete one of the images in the FPG file, take a ripped sprite of the punisher(from the punisher beat'em up), use the denoiser on it, then follow the instructions in your video. After that I inserted image into the FPG file. The difference in the outcome was that last time, the image had a silhouette of the image I tried to replace. This time it was just a blank tan colored box. The only thing I did different than in your video was that when I attempted to change the image's forground color values all the numbers were set to zero. There must be something I've been doing wrong, I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Any advice. Thanks in advance.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:06 am

graylandertagger wrote:

Looked at the video.  Glad for your help.  I still am having a hiccups, but that's likely because of the fact that I've been erasing one image and replacing it with another.  I'm not sure if this is what i'm doing wrong.  Anyway, i'm greatful for the video you made.  It helped quite a bit.  I still can't seem to figure it out though.  What I did was delete one of the images in the FPG file, take a ripped sprite of the punisher(from the punisher beat'em up), use the denoiser on it, then follow the instructions in your video.  After that I inserted image into the FPG file.  The difference in the outcome was that last time, the image had a silhouette of the image I tried to replace.  This time it was just a blank tan colored box.  The only thing I did different than in your video was that when I attempted to change the image's forground color values all the numbers were set to zero.  There must be something I've been doing wrong, I just can't seem to put my finger on it.  Any advice.  Thanks in advance.  

Sorry to revive this thread. It's just that I didn't have enough time on my hands in the last couple weeks. Figured i'd get back to figuring this all out. Unless you'd like to do a tutorial yourself. It's up to you.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  salvadorc17 Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:04 am

Any of these tools can be used in original games??

salvadorc17
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 am

salvadorc17 wrote:Any of these tools can be used in original games??
 Obviously not

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:30 pm

salvadorc17 wrote:Any of these tools can be used in original games??

SOR Pancake (?) :U
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:03 pm

graylandertagger wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:

Looked at the video.  Glad for your help.  I still am having a hiccups, but that's likely because of the fact that I've been erasing one image and replacing it with another.  I'm not sure if this is what i'm doing wrong.  Anyway, i'm greatful for the video you made.  It helped quite a bit.  I still can't seem to figure it out though.  What I did was delete one of the images in the FPG file, take a ripped sprite of the punisher(from the punisher beat'em up), use the denoiser on it, then follow the instructions in your video.  After that I inserted image into the FPG file.  The difference in the outcome was that last time, the image had a silhouette of the image I tried to replace.  This time it was just a blank tan colored box.  The only thing I did different than in your video was that when I attempted to change the image's forground color values all the numbers were set to zero.  There must be something I've been doing wrong, I just can't seem to put my finger on it.  Any advice.  Thanks in advance.  

Sorry to revive this thread.  It's just that I didn't have enough time on my hands in the last couple weeks.  Figured i'd get back to figuring this all out.  Unless you'd like to do a tutorial yourself.  It's up to you.  

Took a look at the video again and I understand in better detail. I've got quite a bit of time on my hands lately so I figured i'd go back to figuring out how I could make a tutorial on this. The problem i'm having now is that whenever I use Gimp and try to change the colors it says "Color balance operates only on RBG color layers." Gimp says the exact same thing everytime I try any of the other color options. I'm not sure if it's the image that's the problem or the program. If anybody has an answer and hands me one i'll be sure to credit you in the tutorial. Thanks.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  dhoppler Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:02 am

So about adding new characters/enemies, can you change the attack properties at all or are you limited to overwriting the sprites?
dhoppler
dhoppler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:11 am

dhoppler wrote:So about adding new characters/enemies, can you change the attack properties at all or are you limited to overwriting the sprites?

It's possible to change the control points, therefore, it's possible to change only the hitting properties. Now damage or other values can't be changed.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  dhoppler Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 am

Don Vecta wrote:

It's possible to change the control points, therefore, it's possible to change only the hitting properties. Now damage or other values can't be changed.

So that means if I replace a character, the new character is going to have the same movement speed and same damage, but I can change where and how their attacks hit?   If I change the properties of a move that knocks down, does that mean I can make it not knockdown for a certain number of frames but hit multiple times and knockdown on the last frame or 2?
dhoppler
dhoppler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Thu May 30, 2019 2:19 am

Can someone repost denoiser and character fpgs. The links are down
Herb1e
Herb1e
Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Thu May 30, 2019 6:58 am

Here's a link to denoiser as requested:
https://yadi.sk/d/SftLC12gk8Uni

Is anyone has the stages and the author of the custom stages?
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Nullius Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 am

The link to download the enemy fpg files no longer works. I looked all over the site but i can't find them anywhere. Can anyone direct me to where i might find them, or instructions for extracting them from the game? Much appreciated.
Nullius
Nullius
Galsia

Back to top Go down

[Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons. Empty [Index] Utilities and applications and non sormaker add-ons.

Post  natalialuzak Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Can someone repost character fpgs. The links are down

natalialuzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  mrxskull Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:22 pm

I third the fpgs request.

mrxskull
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 am

mrxskull wrote:I third the fpgs request.

Credits to zakforradio for sharing this link
https://mega.nz/file/Vm4zBYIT#7Nl9ZfdbOD2CY6CvZq1ra0YO6GfALRaZUiakG2Geb_Q

Donovan

Nullius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mrxskull Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:35 am

Excellent. Thanks to you both.

mrxskull
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next