SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

+41
Sshadow5001
DarkzKnight
WillyTheSquid
Kane
jpgilyard
Saven
KFCutman
celestinx
nandayo
William Assunção
bareknuckleroo
Break
Kormann
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
Shyning77
BigDarsh
DarkThief
Rocketeer Raccoon
Don Vecta
Tarma
Crusta
Xillatem
Reinhart
AbolTheRocker
bazzza
scalliano
Feanor
Chan
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Criss
Laucorn
BumbleBee
HeroBorn
iceweb38
realnabarl
Mr.Din
E253MechaShadow
Charco
45 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Okay, quick bug report:

It is impossible to set a Jack as an enemy waiting in standing, crouching or any idle stance anymore as the scene begins. As soon the scene starts he'll laugh and launch towards the characters. It's a shame as many of my mods have Jack waiting before dialogues are over.

It's kinda minor, but yeah, it's there. Sad

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 Discussion Thread

Post  AbolTheRocker Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks for this AWESOME update!
But I've found a bug in 5.0 which still exists in this new update,if you do the Pipe Slash (F,F,B) move with BK3 Axel,Pipe wont take any damage!

AbolTheRocker

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 am

That bug's been there since the beginning, because it was in SoR3 as well. (dunno why it got ported though when it's clearly a bug, and also why similar weapon bugs like Elle's knife were removed from 5.0a but not that one)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 am

Loving everything about the update, except for one thing - the new enemy grab mechanics. Surely I should be able to grab Shiva at least once out of every couple of hundred attempts? Forget Abadede - this change, along with the now INSANE blocking really has pushed Shiva into SNK boss territory. I was playing the SoR3 mod tonight and he cost me three lives because I just couldn't hit the guy. And that was on Easy.

I concede I'm not the best SoR player in the world, but that is ridiculous.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:28 am

I think pretty much everyone by now agreed with the problem of balance of the grab mechanics when it come to Shiva or Abadede. We just have to live with, it is sad, but it is the price to pay to benefits from all others features. Smile

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 am

scalliano wrote:Loving everything about the update, except for one thing - the new enemy grab mechanics. Surely I should be able to grab Shiva at least once out of every couple of hundred attempts? Forget Abadede - this change, along with the now INSANE blocking really has pushed Shiva into SNK boss territory. I was playing the SoR3 mod tonight and he cost me three lives because I just couldn't hit the guy. And that was on Easy.

The only way I've found to deal with him now is to trick him into jumping at you (which is fairly easy on mania at least) and use fly kicks and A-specials to wear him down (single-hit forward-A's in particular). You can also spam defensive fly kicks to keep him at bay, and some of the blitzes plus Roo's tail poke work too.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:56 am

DarkThief wrote:
scalliano wrote:Loving everything about the update, except for one thing - the new enemy grab mechanics. Surely I should be able to grab Shiva at least once out of every couple of hundred attempts? Forget Abadede - this change, along with the now INSANE blocking really has pushed Shiva into SNK boss territory. I was playing the SoR3 mod tonight and he cost me three lives because I just couldn't hit the guy. And that was on Easy.

The only way I've found to deal with him now is to trick him into jumping at you (which is fairly easy on mania at least) and use fly kicks and A-specials to wear him down (single-hit forward-A's in particular). You can also spam defensive fly kicks to keep him at bay, and some of the blitzes plus Roo's tail poke work too.
Yeah, now the only way to beat him is using those repetitive pokes until he dies (provoke him to jump, then punish him). With Max I was able to goad him to do his special when I slide into him then I grabbed him for some pain, or run grab him from above/below (it was a 50/50 chance to grab each other) or other fun but quick methods to beat him.

For Abadumb-dumb now you can whoop his ass while he's running to his clothesline, it's still risky, but no other way to beat him (before I loved to go and grab him from above/below but now it's 99% of the times he'd get me). Somehow I don't mind him too much to have higher grab radius as he's a wrestler and this should be his forte. But Shiva... argh~!

I also don't mind the big range of grab on Ash, he deserves it as it's the only weapon he has as a CPU character. And this is pretty tough when he's in a group of mooks, he'll just come and grab you.

In other characters the grab range needs to be toned down. Basically, I think that instead of making all the baddies grab range bigger, it should have been done by character. Kinda annoys me that Vice or Galvice can grab me as easy as the morning sun!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 am

Cheers for the advice, I'll try those tactics out. Funnily enough, Abadede hasn't really given me much heartache since the patch. As a Blaze fanatic, my tactic has always been to get him to run at me and just A his ass.

Ash is definitely tougher, but I fired up BK3 the other day and from that comparison I don't really have any issues with him.

Still, hasn't stopped me from wanting to play. Still the greatest fanwork ever.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinhart Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:55 pm

It seems like there's a bug that can render the AI Editor unaccessible.

I don't know what triggered it (in the past few days I've been playing some SORMaker mods, not much else), but in my game the AI Editor had become grayed out and wasn't selectable anymore. Of course my savegame had everything unlocked. I solved by reverting to a previous backup of my savegame (which had everything unlocked as well).

I wish I had more info, to prevent other people from being affected, but unfortunately I have no clue. I suggest everyone to make a backup of your savegame, though.

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Yeah I've never been able to select it.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Had you completed one of these conditions?

Also, check the Events Mode and ensure Mission 8 is completed, I remember there was an issue with that one sice v5.0.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinhart Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 am

Charco wrote:Also, check the Events Mode and ensure Mission 8 is completed, I remember there was an issue with that one sice v5.0.

Ah, so the AI Editor is linked to the missions in Event Mode! I didn't know that. I suppose you must have them all completed to "officially" unlock the AI Editor.

I say "officially" because there's one mission I never completed (mission 8, precisely) and yet I had the AI Editor available. Anyway, I made a little investigation and here's what I found out.

If you haven't completed all of the missions, but never go into Event Mode, the AI Editor will be available anyway. If you go into Event Mode with missions not completed, the AI Editor will be unavailable thereafter (and I assume it is then unlocked by completing all the missions).

Update: I managed to complete the last remaining mission, and the AI Editor is now officially unlocked.

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:08 am

Great! Glad it's unlocked for you now Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Silly question, and I apologize if this is in the wrong thread but how do you get Rudra's ending I thought you had to do a direct route through SOR 1. If it is I have done that twice now with Rudra and it has not unlocked.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Yep, single player only, using no cheats, or savestates.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:58 pm

It works with the SoR2 route, too. Actually, provided you're not using cheats or savestates, you can go anywhere you want using Rudra as long as you end with either SoR1 or Sor2's final boss. I've tested this to death and it works every time.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Charco wrote:Yep, single player only, using no cheats, or savestates.

That would be my problem I was using savestates thanks fellas.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm

I never realised you could get it on the SoR2 route, thanks scalliano Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm

So it won't work on the 3rd route? I've always assumed it'd work everywhere but I've not tried it on the 3rd route outside of mania. (which gives me that ending instead on all routes)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 pm

scalliano wrote:It works with the SoR2 route, too. Actually, provided you're not using cheats or savestates, you can go anywhere you want using Rudra as long as you end with either SoR1 or Sor2's final boss. I've tested this to death and it works every time.

Thanks man, I always find SoR 2 route easier than 1 more extra life pick ups. Smile
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Yeah and the SoR2 route has more cash to unlock stuff after completing it Cool

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 am

Charco wrote:Yeah and the SoR2 route has more cash to unlock stuff after completing it Cool

Perfect route to go about for money! Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Right a question do you not get the points bonus on the SoR2 route if you have changed the name of the enemy's in the editor for instance Axi and Mavin I changed them to J and Silent Bob.

Also I have come to the conclusion Shiva is no longer the hardest boss now. On 5.1 I found with the like of Blaze and Rudra you lay an easy hurtin on him if you let Shiva attempt his final crash roll out of the way and then with those you can quickly move up and grab him. But Abede jesus man he is so hard now on any level. Little pokes at him work to a point like Donnie V stipulated but he does his break out move so often now also he has the longest grab range of any foe now witch makes him even harder the guys a pain in the ass. Best character's I found to beat him with is either Rudra or Blaze
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 pm

I don't understand, you got no store points on completing the SoR2 route because you changed enemy names?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Charco wrote:I don't understand, you got no store points on completing the SoR2 route because you changed enemy names?

No not store points but the ten thousand point bonus you get from those 2 enemy's when you kill them only got I believe the usual 250 points.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next