SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching to Old Game Character Palettes

2 posters

Go down

Switching to Old Game Character Palettes Empty Switching to Old Game Character Palettes

Post  Xvall Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:40 am

Hey, not sure if this ought have gone in the questions or how to's. I'll post an introductory post soon, new to this community though I've been 'stalking' you guys for years, I suppose you can say. Would just like to say I love the work everyone did to keep this community and game alive - I've been playing it since I was like 4. I was utterly dumbfounded to come to the revelation that the source code used in this game isn't even the original source code of the original games, because it and the AI were so impressive that I assumed it must have utilized straight source material or had developer help. I like this version of the game even more than the classic games for a constellation of reasons, at this point, but I digress.

I had noticed when I die and select a new character, that upon selecting blaze, sometimes (i'm not sure what I was pressing to cause it) it would select for me, instead of one of her palettes (some of which I've customized) for her default form, that she would respawn instead as SOR 1 blaze, and her special moves would look a little different. Her B series kick would instead be sort of a flip (same function, though), etc. Is there some way, when character selecting, to specifically select what version of the main characters like blaze and axel etc that you want to play as (the palletes from SOR 1, 2, or 3)? Is there some way to select this when at the continue selection after losing your lives and using a continue, because that's where I first noticed it. Will get screen-caps to help if this is unclear and I am not making too much sense here.

Is there a button or way to cycle through what type? Right now it looks like they're all in SOR3 form. But in the palette editor it shows that the SOR2 and SOR1 forms are available for the main cast.

I also noticed on the selection screen that by default I see Blaze in her SOR1 portrait until I go over it, at which point it changes to her SOR3 one, I believe. Same with Axel and Skate. Shiva's changes too, presumably from an SOR2 Portrait to SOR3 one. When I select these characters, they are all in SOR3 format. I am basically wondering how I select them as SOR1 or 2.

Xvall
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Switching to Old Game Character Palettes Empty Re: Switching to Old Game Character Palettes

Post  Xvall Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:46 am

It's the police button, nevermind, lol. I feel rediculous now. I spent a week wondering how. I didn't try just pressing every button. Will leave this up in case anyone else wonder the same thing. If not, feel free to delete, mods, or I will if this thread is taking up space. (It's pretty irrelevant and a minor issue)

Xvall
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Switching to Old Game Character Palettes Empty Re: Switching to Old Game Character Palettes

Post  Saven Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:49 am

Glad to see that you solved your problem. But yeah, next time if you have a question like this, post it in the questions thread. Wink 

Welcome to the forums BTW. Very Happy I saw that you were in the chat earlier, but I didn't get to say hi to you before you left. Sorry about that.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down