SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any idea about what game/mode this is?

5 posters

Go down

Any idea about what game/mode this is? Empty Any idea about what game/mode this is?

Post  olrox2 Fri May 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello guys i have been looking or informations about a 2d beat them up that looks like Streets of Rage in lots of points, with a few différences though.

I saw that game between 1996-2000. The hero was blond haired, but there was also a kind of black boxer.

Special powers had 4 levels of upgrade and consumed items. First level was a fast kick or punch, second i dont remmber, third was giant lightnings, fourth was giant tornado.

N oone was ever able to andswer me so i thought one of you had an idea^^.

olrox2
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Any idea about what game/mode this is? Empty Re: Any idea about what game/mode this is?

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 31, 2014 3:31 am

And...this has to do with SORR how?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Any idea about what game/mode this is? Empty Re: Any idea about what game/mode this is?

Post  Charco Sat May 31, 2014 11:37 am

Please post topics in the correct forum in future, moved to Off Topic.

As regards the game, any more details?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  olrox2 Sat May 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Sorry, hadnt come here for months until i got a mail request asking to rate a mod, so i came back and hoped someone would have an idea.

It is graphically close to a sega game like Streets of Rage, so close i supposed it to be a mod of it. Graphics were slightly more modern. There was a versus mode.

As for Sor, characters abilities were rated with stars. I am sure it snot Final Fight. Background is very very urban.
At some point in the game the face of the big boss appear sto taunt you, while you take elevator.
I am sure this ran on pc, as there were many crashes when you played(after half an hour of play).

olrox2
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sat May 31, 2014 5:40 pm

"The hero was blond haired, but there was also a kind of black boxer."
Sounds like Axel and Adam.

"As for Sor, characters abilities were rated with stars."
I think Streets of Rage 3, united with the previous clue sounds like Streets of Rage Remake. Perhaps a mod?

"Special powers had 4 levels of upgrade and consumed items. First level was a fast kick or punch, second i dont remmber, third was giant lightnings, fourth was giant tornado."
Aaaand now Im not so sure.

Edit: Maybe a Streets of Rage fangame diferent from Streets of Rage Remake?

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm

sounds pretty vague and the hints are not enough.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 31, 2014 7:46 pm

Was it an arcade game? Was it ported to any home consoles?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat May 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Mutation Nation?
Violent Storm?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  olrox2 Sat May 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Actually, sorry for quite non accurate informations,i saw it about 18 years ago and cant put a name on it.

Not sure it was an arcade port, but given the way the game played, it could have been.

There was a versus mode available. When you had no more powers up, you could perform special attacks, but they consumed life.

What makes it hard to remmber is that is is very close to SoR,except those spells are really special. I have just had a look at Mutation Nation btw, looks really nice game;)

olrox2
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down