SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed*

2 posters

Go down

linux - Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed* Empty Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed*

Post  WillyTheSquid Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:28 am

Hi all -- anyone know how to get it to run? Installed it from ubuntugames.org, but when I run it and select "Game" (other option is "Manual"), it does nothing.

*EDIT* turns out that Ubuntu does not install the 32-bit version of the required sound library automatically.
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibAsound <--- see description here.

For those Ubuntu/Debian users running into the same problem, open a terminal window and type:

apt-get install libasound2:i386

This brings me to another question -- no mod support? Sad

Donovan

Back to top Go down

linux - Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed* Empty Re: Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed*

Post  coringao Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:49 pm

WillyTheSquid wrote:Hi all -- anyone know how to get it to run? Installed it from ubuntugames.org, but when I run it and select "Game" (other option is "Manual"), it does nothing.

*EDIT* turns out that Ubuntu does not install the 32-bit version of the required sound library automatically.
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibAsound <--- see description here.

For those Ubuntu/Debian users running into the same problem, open a terminal window and type:

apt-get install libasound2:i386

This brings me to another question -- no mod support? Sad

Sorry for the delay, but added the new version of the game for 32-bit architecture in our repository.

Please remove this version that installed and reinstall again in ubuntu games repository.

Soon I will be offering 64-bit architecture.
coringao
coringao
Galsia

http://www.ubuntugames.org

Back to top Go down

linux - Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed* Empty Re: Running SoRR on Linux (5.0a @ Ubuntu) *fixed*

Post  WillyTheSquid Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks, it seems to work fine. Question: I can't find the directory it saves the game in. Where is it stored?

Is there support for making mods, or at least running mods? How would I achieve this? I could never get it to work.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  coringao Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:20 pm

WillyTheSquid wrote:Thanks, it seems to work fine. Question: I can't find the directory it saves the game in. Where is it stored?

Is there support for making mods, or at least running mods? How would I achieve this? I could never get it to work.

- Question: I can't find the directory it saves the game in. Where is it stored?
- Answer: "Savegame" are directed inside the hidden directory called "sorr-savegame". (/home/user/.sorr-savegame).
The directory of the game is in this way: /usr/share/games/sorr.
http://archive.ubuntugames.org/dists/ubuntugames/main/source/i386/sorr_5.0a-6ug_i386.changes
coringao
coringao
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Thanks, Razz

I had this going again and want to share what needs to be done for mods to work.

You can use mods in Linux, just make sure all mod file & folder names are in lowercase. This is absolutely essential. Mods go in the /usr/share/games/sorr/mod/games/
This almost always means you just need to rename the mod folder name.

Just to make sure, I kept the names short; I only used letters and numbers and didn't use spaces.

Example, folder name = The Return of Mr. X [V1.2]. Will not work on Linux SoRR5.0a.
Rename mod folder to returnofmrx and: works!

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  coringao Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:39 am

WillyTheSquid wrote:Thanks, Razz

I had this going again and want to share what needs to be done for mods to work.

You can use mods in Linux, just make sure all mod file & folder names are in lowercase. This is absolutely essential. Mods go in the /usr/share/games/sorr/mod/games/
This almost always means you just need to rename the mod folder name.

Just to make sure, I kept the names short; I only used letters and numbers and didn't use spaces.

Example, folder name = The Return of Mr. X [V1.2]. Will not work on Linux SoRR5.0a.
Rename mod folder to returnofmrx and: works!

Thank you,  Wink 

All files and directories are in lower case letters and no spaces.

Any news please let me know I will do a new update.

Ate more!
coringao
coringao
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks so much for making this game work on Linux! It seems to be slightly less responsive compared to running on Windows, which is likely caused by using the Nouveau drivers instead of the proprietary Nvidia package. Those don't work for me, rendering my OS unbootable. Seems to be a Gnome Ubuntu thing.

I'll be installing Linux Mint soon, and see if that fixes it. If any bugs pop up, I'll post about it here. I'm also going to copy over my old Windows SoRR folder to get SORmaker to work under Wine -- so I can make/edit mods on Linux. Will get back to y'all if any issues arise. Any plans to port SORmaker to Linux?

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  coringao Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 pm

WillyTheSquid wrote:Thanks so much for making this game work on Linux! It seems to be slightly less responsive compared to running on Windows, which is likely caused by using the Nouveau drivers instead of the proprietary Nvidia package. Those don't work for me, rendering my OS unbootable. Seems to be a Gnome Ubuntu thing.

I'll be installing Linux Mint soon, and see if that fixes it. If any bugs pop up, I'll post about it here. I'm also going to copy over my old Windows SoRR folder to get SORmaker to work under Wine -- so I can make/edit mods on Linux. Will get back to y'all if any issues arise. Any plans to port SORmaker to Linux?

Cool, any error in the package, please let me know.

About SORmaker depend on developers' games.

Even more!
coringao
coringao
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Well, it's gone off Ubuntugames again and I can't get the download off of *** to work. The AUR launcher doesn't work either. I'm out of options. How to get my SORR on now?

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down