SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

+6
KFCutman
BigDarsh
graylandertagger
Don Vecta
DarkThief
Cm_Blast
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the punisher - Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher Empty Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:19 am

Cheers guys, here I am to show to all of you my latest mod, my masterpiece (compared to the rest of my mods).

This is a mod of a known character starred in his own game beat em up. This is The Punisher, by Capcom.

Well, here we go with what this mod contains.

The Mod featured:
- The 6 original levels.
- A mod Short but intense.
- Original music, ripped by myself trying to be in a good loop.
- Custom Palettes.
- Final bosses, some alone, some with others enemies.
- My own version of a bonus round with good prizes.
- Lots of enemies drops items (Gunners and ladys). Pretty Boys (Particles) drops food (except when they self-destruct)
- Special Specifications for 2 players.
- In harder levels bosses have more health.
- Free scroll.
- Great variety of weapons to use: Bottles, bats, planks and even swords.
- For the first time ever in my mods I make cutscenes with one or more images. I know they aren´t too impressive but it's my first time making them.
- I include my own version of the hide bonus stage.
- All the original text; Both cutscenes and in-game text (playing with the punisher). both English and Spanish.
- I use Axel sprites for the cutscenes, but in game don´t have portrait so feel free to play any character you want.

LATEST UPDATES
Main changes:
- Jacks were changed by Galsias3. 
- More enemies for harder levels. 
- All the enemies wich you use a gun to kill them in the original game here have their life bar halved (Bronze/Silver/Gold, Slashs, most Bongos (some fight only with his fists) and Mr.X.
- Some food downgraded or removed.

Minor changes:
- The enemy in the bonus round have more health, so 2 hits (laser/lamp) is needed to kill him.
- No more "Walking" intro at the start of the scene, just "standing" intro.

NEW UPDATES

Changes:
- Custom items. Some are new and there weren't before.
- A few items removed. In the original game there are lots of objects to destroy, but in the mod not all can be hitted and they are just part of the decoration.
- Abadede is gone and replaced with a new boss.
- Some items (into de boxex-barrels) were changed, a bit more food or weapon.
- The grenadier enemy: "Red Lamp" now is "Buddy" and have his own palette.

Final Update to modern era:
- Stage X Start/clear removed.
- New final cutscenes
- Same credits but can be skipped now.
- Enemies on "Hard or above" have been changed to "only 2 players".
* With this now there are the same numbers of enemies for all levels of difficulty.

Promotional video:

links:
Download here:
https://mega.nz/file/2r4TFB6Z#xVdJvzjlVZUyNucnT7xFpzLdXBr-JLGezx2gBHSpBXM

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 21 times in total (Reason for editing : yep)

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Puzir likes this post

Back to top Go down

the punisher - Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

Post  DarkThief Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Scenes that start with enemies moving AND quite near to you? Check.
Bosses such as X and Barbon used as mooks? Check.
Large swarms of dangerous higher-tier mooks and sub-bosses all the way through? Check.
2 bosses out of 6 the same? Check.
Boss encounters without food? Check.
A bonus stage that lasts 1 second on your first go and not much better on other goes? Check.

Sorry, but this mod has a few gameplay flaws atm (played on mania ofc but even by mania standards it's flawed). Nice graphics though.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

the punisher - Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:37 pm

DarkThief wrote:Scenes that start with enemies moving AND quite near to you? Check.
Bosses such as X and Barbon used as mooks? Check.
Large swarms of dangerous higher-tier mooks and sub-bosses all the way through? Check.
2 bosses out of 6 the same? Check.
Boss encounters without food? Check.
A bonus stage that lasts 1 second on your first go and not much better on other goes? Check.

Sorry, but this mod has a few gameplay flaws atm (played on mania ofc but even by mania standards it's flawed). Nice graphics though.
The first point:
- I copied point by point the original "the punisher: the arcade game", so if in the original there are some soldiers near you in this mod there are those soldiers in the same spot; the problem is in the arcade the enemies starting doing an action before attacking; Maybe I should put them in "sleeping" or something.

-Bosses: In the original game the first boss is a big guy named Scully; then others (the same but with other palettes) named Red and Gus appear over the game; I tried to put planks, pipes and other weapons to compensate; not my fault if appears so many Barbons =( (in hard there are more of them than in normal).

The X bosses; I agree; The original guy is an enemy using a machine gun; In normal appear 2 X, in hard there are 4 X; I know I should change the enemy, or at least add guns to compensate (like in the original game when the punisher use his gun).

Large Swam of enemies high tier; I agree; Some day I´m going to change Jacks for galsias.
I don´t believe I won´t change truckers because maybe in very-hard or mania they are hard, but in normal the Truckers with a Pipe are slower than a Donovan-3 (Or simply I can put donovan-2).

All the particles have food, I tried to add strong weapons as machinegun and sword to compensate a little.

2 bosses out of 6; well, there are two Guardroid in the original game =(, I couldn´t do more.

Bosses without food; the same that the first point; food is where it is in the original game. The first boss don´t have food (but there are 2 foods in the previous scene just for 8 enemies, so is easy start the battle with 100% like, and that Barbon only have 2 life bars (normal);

The bonus stage; Was my very first own bonus stage so I still need to improve. Maybe I can increase the life to withstand 2 or 3 laser-lamp hits.

Thanks for posting your ideas; I really create this mod using normal and hard as standars, I don´t even played it in mania or even in very hard (other mods yes, but this one no), so I want to know what mania-players think about this one.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I have to qualms about Barbon roleplaying as Scully/Gus/Red. Point in fact, they do fight kinda the same way and don't see big difference from his as Vulture and Wayne also appear as sub-bosses around.

But yeah, those X's must go. Galsia-1 in aggressive can be a good knife dude to substitute the Jacks.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:28 am

Don Vecta wrote:But yeah, those X's must go. Galsia-1 in aggressive can be a good knife dude to substitute the Jacks.
What kind of enemy can I put instead X? Maybe Robo-X?

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:But yeah, those X's must go. Galsia-1 in aggressive can be a good knife dude to substitute the Jacks.
If you need a gunner, use a Slash, or just a mid tier mook

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:23 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Cm_Blast wrote:
If you need a gunner, use a Slash, or just a mid tier mook
but there are 2 gunner; i already used Slash. And I used Bronze-silver-gold for other pistol-man.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 am

Robo X might work but... with very low energy. He's still a tough boss.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Then I need a new stage 3 boss, because I was using Robo X from Bone Breaker.

Normally I just add more enemies for harder-levels, but how this mod is really short I added not only more enemies but more health; in the end was a bad idea.

In normal X had 1.20 and you can bring a plank from the previous zone; In that zone are a sword that you can use to kill a x1.40 Barbon, 1 Hakuyo and 2 vices (and the sword even doesn´t break); if you are using someone like Adam you can beat X easily just with the plank (and I just talking about the plank, if you know a X is comming and you bring the sword he even isn't a threat.

but seems than normal and mania are two different worlds; making mania more fair later in normal even a begginer player end the mod with x9 lifes; so it´s hard =(.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Actually, it doesn't need to be a gunner. It can be a mid-to-hi tier mook like a Jack, Electra, Raven, Trucker, Big Ben-2, Judo girl (in Onihime slot name), etc.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Actually, it doesn't need to be a gunner. It can be a mid-to-hi tier mook like a Jack, Electra, Raven, Trucker, Big Ben-2, Judo girl (in Onihime slot name), etc.
Maybe Electra or Jack; I don´t want change a "machine-gun-shooting-from-far" for a "girl-Kicking-close-combat-and-grabs"; At least Electra and Jack can attack you from afar.

Although if I do that perhaps I retire the previous sword/plank and put something else and, of course, in the next zone I will retire the chicken and put an apple/pineapple/hamburguer instead.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I made a series of palletes for four beat'em up games you could remake with SORmaker. The palletes are based on Captain Commando, Denjin Makai, Guardians Denjin Makai 2, and Battle Circuit. They were originally for a mod that mixes the 4 together(a guy asked me for help, but never went through with the mod) and were ment to offer a fresh, veried experience with variety of enemies. It's up to you regarding what you want to do with them, but i'd prefer a mod that mixes the four games together since that was their original intent.

Download link.
mediafire.com download/c24s25n2m5ski9p/battle+circuit%2C+Denjin+Makai%2C+and+captain+commando+palletes.zip

There may be a few palletes that need work. If you'd like I can help with that.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 pm

graylandertagger wrote:I made a series of palletes for four beat'em up games you could remake with SORmaker. The palletes are based on Captain Commando, Denjin Makai, Guardians Denjin Makai 2, and Battle Circuit. They were originally for a mod that mixes the 4 together(a guy asked me for help, but never went through with the mod) and were ment to offer a fresh, veried experience with variety of enemies. It's up to you regarding what you want to do with them, but i'd prefer a mod that mixes the four games together since that was their original intent.

Download link.
mediafire.com download/c24s25n2m5ski9p/battle+circuit%2C+Denjin+Makai%2C+and+captain+commando+palletes.zip

There may be a few palletes that need work. If you'd like I can help with that.

I already did a Captain commando mod; I say if you have any interest in seeing some ideas; I don´t know nothing about the other three games =(

I saw the 3.2 "Note:When you get to the exit point on this part, just before the screen fades a bunch of Yamato's will drop from the ceiling around you at the exit point just before fade(if it's possible for that to work)"

Maybe if you put the yamatos (in drop down) and in the same time an "end scene" the Yamatos show up 1 sec before the scene end, although I'm not sure if this works (It's a shame not to think of this when I made ​​my mod). 

But when your/his mod it is finished I would like to try it and see the palettes ingame.

I don´t know if you saw my idea for level 5 =), I putted 100 bikers there XD.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:08 pm

The mod was pretty much cancelled was the guy behind it thought that he couldn't do it. I was just wondering if you were interested.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:16 pm

graylandertagger wrote:The mod was pretty much cancelled was the guy behind it thought that he couldn't do it.  I was just wondering if you were interested.

Oh. Now I'm not interested, I'm currently doing a mod but I'm really doing it very slow, no longer dedicate him so many hours straight a day as I have done to others, so I still quite take to finish it, and do not even know if I'll do mod some more.

Thanks anyway.

The idea of ​​releasing Yamatos on the part of the captain commando has made me think that if it is something that could add to my mod of Captain command as something visual: (bring up the Yamatos and the scene ends right there without you reach fight them, as in the original game).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:28 pm

First post updated

OK guys, After a long time I rechecked some of my mods and maybe change a thing (or two).

So, finally I decided to do an important change to this mod to do it less unfair (at least tried), so Here are the summary:

Main changes:
- Jacks were changed by Galsias3. 
- No more enemies for harder levels. 20 enemies for normal, 20 for mania. Just the bosses have more health in harder levels.
- The former "hard or above" enemies now they are "only 2p". (2 players figthing = more enemies; is fair).
- All the enemies wich you use a gun to kill them in the original game here have their life bar halved (Bronze/Silver/Gold, Slashs, most Bongos (some fight only with his fists) and Mr.X.

Minor changes:
- 1 or 2 food added/changed. The same with weapons.
- The enemy in the bonus round have more health, so 2 hits (laser/lamp) is needed to kill him.

So, for example, in the third level of the mod...
Before:
In normal you fight a Mr.X with 1,20 life bar.
In hard/mania you fight two Mr.X with 1,45 each one.

Now:
In normal/hard/mania you fight a Mr.X with 60 life bar.
In 2 players you fight two Mr.X with 60/80 life bars.

For now I only going to upload the .smk and the .pal. So if you already have the mod just use this.

Link: (just 22 kbs, only .smk and 3 .pal)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fb7pj

Ps: I didn't test the 2 players mode.
If someone play the game with 2 players (or CPU) and get stucked in some part tell me.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Just played it, and seems way too easy now...dropped a total of 2 lives with Blaze 2 (whereas previously couldn't avoid continue loss with that toon).  Some of the changes were needed - like the X's in stage 3, the first mansion room in stage 2, and boss fights w/o food (stage 5 in particular) but the rest have made it a bit easy now IMO.  Personally I'd have just changed those and reduced the hordes by half as much as you did, as well as doing the health reductions for some mooks/sub-bosses. (and moving the start point on stage 5 scene 6, so you don't get hit by Jack instantly)

On a side note:

Cm_Blast wrote:(adding/changing weapons to make bosses easier)

Weapons in mania are somewhat different to normal...they're a lot harder to use effectively due to fast-moving enemies/swarms and ranged attacks (which will often happen off-screen so you have no chance to avoid whatsoever). As a result, many characters can't afford to use them...generally only the good swingers (Adam/Max/Zan/Elle/Rudra) can use long weapons, and those with longer-range knife swings (Adam/Zan/Shiva/Rudra) and safe blitzes (Skate/Elle) can use them.  And many bosses generally react too quickly for even the good weapon-users to get the hits in, so adding those actually makes it worse if the player tries to use them.  (Way of the Warrior's UFC bonus mod is a shining example of why weapons don't work in boss fights)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:35 pm

DarkThief wrote:Just played it, and seems way too easy now...dropped a total of 2 lives with Blaze 2 (whereas previously couldn't avoid continue loss with that toon).  Some of the changes were needed - like the X's in stage 3, the first mansion room in stage 2, and boss fights w/o food (stage 5 in particular) but the rest have made it a bit easy now IMO.  Personally I'd have just changed those and reduced the hordes by half as much as you did, as well as doing the health reductions for some mooks/sub-bosses. (and moving the start point on stage 5 scene 6, so you don't get hit by Jack instantly)

On a side note:

Cm_Blast wrote:(adding/changing weapons to make bosses easier)

Weapons in mania are somewhat different to normal...they're a lot harder to use effectively due to fast-moving enemies/swarms and ranged attacks (which will often happen off-screen so you have no chance to avoid whatsoever). As a result, many characters can't afford to use them...generally only the good swingers (Adam/Max/Zan/Elle/Rudra) can use long weapons, and those with longer-range knife swings (Adam/Zan/Shiva/Rudra) and safe blitzes (Skate/Elle) can use them.  And many bosses generally react too quickly for even the good weapon-users to get the hits in, so adding those actually makes it worse if the player tries to use them.  (Way of the Warrior's UFC bonus mod is a shining example of why weapons don't work in boss fights)

I didn´t changed or added the weapons I putted initially when did the mod. In this little revision I just changed 2 or 3 weapons. In Stage 5 scene 1 now there are 2 guns instead bottles/planks. All those enemies are gunners so is the best zone to copy the "gun style" of the punisher.
In Stage 6 Scene 3 there are two barbons, I changed a Bottle for a bat. I am not a pro of this game but I Think a bat is better than a bottle. 

If you play in mania at this point you already know if the weapons are good to use against that enemy or no, I mean, I am not forcing anyone to use weapons Razz. The weapons in the bosses remains as the mod were made (2013).

Before in stage 6 scene 4 I dind't putted any food till the end (Noras), now imitating barrels rolling towards you I added an orange. 

Maybe the worse part is in the final level (stage 7 before elevator). Before with those Slashs/Jacks I putted so many food to compensate (also there is a Particle giving food), with the fix maybe now is too easy never died there. I think removing some food is better.

At the end I always die at least 2 or 3 lifes (Axel3) against kingpin (and just playing in normal), so is hard to me calibrate the difficulty.

Maybe next time you can play with Blaze2 with her original pause delay and no sor3 special gauge to make the mod harder.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Ok, After playing the mod one more time I saw "the problem".

Mostly I added more food than in the original game because was based in enemies like Mr.X/Bongos/Jacks/Slashs.

With all those guys with less health and Jacks removed I decided to change one more time. Now some food have been downgraded or eliminated. I think now the game isn't a food feast anymore.

Level 3 (street):
After the fight against Mr.X, Bongos and Slashs there was a Chicken, now is just an apple.
Now that fight is much easier so an apple (plus the 2 particles in the next fight) is enough to recover your health.

Level 5 (train):
In the scene 3 I removed the pizza.
Without Jacks in sight and traveling across 7 scenes you are going to recover your life by itself.

Later, in the fight against Abadede I placed a chicken and in the previous scene an apple (I don't even know why I did that).
In the original Game is a full health item that you can use it in one scene or in the other.
So now I just splitted the chicken in two pineapples (each scene have his own pineapple). I think is better split a full health item into two half health item than just place one chicken in the boss fight.

Level 7 (Scenes 2 and 3).
In the original game there are 2 food. I placed 4 (to compensate jacks/slash).
For obvious reasons now there are just 2 food (plus 1 particle).

The rest of the mod remains more or less how it was.

If all is ok now (I didn't place something out of place/green zone....forgot add palettes...... something like that) this will be the last update to this mod. Links in the first post updated.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Okay, game breaker.

At the stage 7, where Jigsaw appears, if I finish the area, it will take me to the main screen instead of continuing the stage. And the scene is the one that takes you from the hidden bonus stage, which means it needs to be redirected to the normal path (stage 7-8 in SORmaker). Not to mention there's a huge bluuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr black area ahead while waiting for the elevator to reach the top. My advice is to put as foreground in that area an edited part of concrete the same length as the elevator shaft, so it does look good.

So far, my feedback until the area was playing (will use the "savestate mod" of Dark Thief to continue where I was), I sensed the mod a lot easier now. As a Mania player I sense the challenge tuned down dramatically and was practically a breeze to reach stage 7 without losing a single life (oh yeah, only one in the train, but besides that, pretty easy). Having Galsia-3 taking over Jacks was a good idea since those guys were basic. However, I'd also add some Donovan-2's mixed up in the fray as they also look a lot like those enemies (Bakosu), but instead of knives, add them pipes.

Jagers (suits) now have extremely low energy, I think they should have lot more, while the Slashes playing as Cool and Trench are perfect as they are. X as Gaulle and Jigsaw are perfect, I think, they're single appearance enemies treated as very dangerous sub-bosses in the original game and bit of an extra challenge would be fine.

And you know what? I always saw Yan Lee played by Haku-oh instead of Hakuyo... you know, the long, loose hair, the side to side flying kicks... For Saxon I'd use a Tiger (with the blonde hair) and maybe for Hawke keep the Hakuyo just to give variety.

Overall, MY feedback (take it as a grain of salt if you don't want to update this mod anymore) and my advice as reprising roles would be (in red my advice):

- Chrys = Vice
- Max = Signal-2 (< these are basic mooks with low threat)
- Dean = Signal-3 (< these are basic mooks with low threat)
- Shone = Trucker with pipe
- Dylan = Galsia-1 with bats or knives (sake of variety)

- Jack = Silver
- Jager = Gold (< this one just to add variety to the appearance, the gameplay feats are strictly the same)

- Leon = Galsia-3
- Bakosu = Donovan-2 with pipe (or Donovan-3 with pipe for extra challenge on higher levels, your call)

- Yan Lee = Haku-oh (closer in appearance and fighting style than Hakuyo)
- Saxon = Hakuyo (keep him among the kung fu guys to add variety)
- Hawke = Tiger (easier to modify his blonde mane, plus variety)

- Barbon as Scully/Gus/Red (they're perfect!)

- Mizuki/Midori/Luna = Nora (you could also consider Mona or Lisa or the Judos to play a role to each character just to add variety since they're also... well... you know, assassin Asian girls)

- Gangsters (Luis, Kolsky, Hannigan, etc) = Big Ben (they're fine... but I always saw the suits better for the gangsters, but yeah, someone needs to fill the roles for Jack and Jager)

- Cool/Trench = Slash (perfect!)

- Red Lamp = Storm (I say keep him for the sake of variety, but... read below)
- Wow-cat = Jack (come on! We need a weapon wielder crack junkie and Jack fits the role better than anyone)

- Pretty Boy = Particle (perfect!)

- Guardroids = Neo X (yeah, good choice, yet slightly tough, but then again, the mod is watered down a lot, so I say keep them)

- Bone Breaker = Robo X (perfect!)

- Bushwacker = Abadede (perfect!)

- Bear = Kingpin (perfect!)

Also, this is a very very very important thing to consider while doing tribute mods: you don't want the mooks to eat the food of the players since in their original games the mooks didn't do that. In order to prevent the mooks to chomp down the food, set them in Item Drop into No or Drop Item, don't leave them as Auto cuz they'll eat it.

Another very important issue here: If you need to send the updated palettes, send also the files without a number (say galsiax.pal) as these ones contain the NAMES you've edited in the enemies. In the latest update, the Galsia-3's appear without names.

That's it, sorry if it takes long or my feedback is too extended, considering this was meant to be the latest build of the mod.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 pm

First, thanks for the feedback.

Elevator Screen: Ok. Seems now with less health is easy beat all of them before reach top. I will add something to avoid the blur black area.
By the way, You go through hidden bonus.
My bad. I have two elevator scenes: 1 in scene4 and another (identical) in the scene8. The scene8 have the cutscene from hostages.
With the last changes I just copy/paste the smk from s4 to s8, and forget to make the scene8 send you to the scene5, so when the scene ends he try to go to scene9 that doesn't exist. I will change this.

I was about to put galsia1 because they sometimes pulls a knife that can launch or stab you. I din't use them because I didn't want to give them the change to pick up another weapons, just knifes. (if sormaker let me choose what kind of style-knife they would use I would choose galsias1).
Donovan looks like their, but with some truckers and bikers with weapons I think is enough.

Suits: In the game they died in 2-4 shoots from afar. Maybe I will rise their health a little. I don't know what I'll do with this.

hakuyos: with your words I putted the game just for curiosity and seems like the long hair-red-trousers like to use punchs and kicks/roundhouse kick, the blond karate guy in green sometimes jump and kick the same way the Haku-oh (Sor1). I need to see them in more depth.

All enemies: I tried to choose most of them for how looks and act.

Well, Maybe there isn't enough variety, but (for example) Streets of Rage 1 only have tons of galsia (mostly) and I loved that game. I mean, is part of the game. Differents palettes to show the player "This guy is the same, but he is stronger".

Also, this is a very very very important thing to consider while doing tribute mods: you don't want the mooks to eat the food of the players since in their original games the mooks didn't do that. In order to prevent the mooks to chomp down the food, set them in Item Drop into No or Drop Item, don't leave them as Auto cuz they'll eat it.

If I put them in "no/drop item" they dind't eat food?
I din't know that!!! Always assumed in harder levels they will eat the food. Damn.

I have lots of mod where I wanted to avoid that.

Galsia.pal: in the end I miss something.
Is weird how I uploaded the new palettes and forget the .pal name. 

One last thing about difficult: I have an idea. So tell me what you think.
I can change the "only 2 players" to a "hard or above" like before but only the new characters and no adding more health to them.

EXAMPLE:
Before this last update in the Stage2:
Wave round 2 = Noras
Easy = 45/55 health
Normal = 55/65
Hard (and above) = 80/90 plus another Nora with 90.

today, with the update they are 2 Noras and always have 55/65 no matter easy or mania.

So, If I change the "only 2 players" to "hard or above" we can have this:

Same place
wave round 2 = Noras
easy/normal = 55/65
hard (and above) = 55/65 plus another Nora with 65 health.

<-- Withouth jacks, With all the gunners with half Health and without increasing the health this mod can be more challenging without make it unfair.

<-- With this you will fight 2 Mr.X, both with 60 health (instead 2 with 1,45 like before).
Do you think 2 Mr.X with only 60 health would be extremely hard? <-- if so I can add drop food to the new X or just let him be a "only 2 player" guy who not appear in harder levels.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm

I din't know that!!! Always assumed in harder levels they will eat the food. Damn.

Afaik each enemy has one "slot" for items, so if they're already carrying something they can't pick anything up. (didn't know about the "no item" property though)

This old thread has more on the subject:

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2709
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:47 pm

DarkThief wrote:

Afaik each enemy has one "slot" for items, so if they're already carrying something they can't pick anything up. (didn't know about the "no item" property though)

This old thread has more on the subject:

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2709

Caj and me discovered it. The No Item feature locks the slot, thus they won't steal anything. I set it on purpose on many on my mods, like the Survival Mode in Subway Mayhem.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Your roster selection is perfect Don Vecta!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Interesting. I can set in "no" most of them and just let a few of them in auto/drop item to let the game drop some items to the player. (I talk about almost all my mods, no just this).

By the way: Why you both think about if I change all those "only 2 players" guys to "hard or above"?
(fight 2 Mr.X instead 1, but both with 60 health; fight 3 Slashs instead 2, but the new guys with the same life as the normals).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next