SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

+7
links-dont-work
WillyTheSquid
Ambrevar
Charco
Benny26
Saven
MrTwizzler
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

linux - SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! Empty SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

Post  MrTwizzler Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 pm

I really wanted to share this in order for everyone, especially linux users to be able to enjoy the game. These packages were removed shortly after Sega issued their C&D notice to the developers.

the files have been removed from the ubuntu games repository listing. The packages however are still up for download. Please spread this info around freely so that linux gamers can preserve this great game. While you can't easily install this game by just subscribing to the ubuntugames repository, you can do it the old fashioned way with the links supplied below.

UPDATE:
Streets Of Rage Remake has been re-added to the UbuntuGames.org repository list.
http://www.ubuntugames.org/action/games/sorr (Brazilian-Portugese Language)

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/sorr_5.0-3ug.debian.tar.gz

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/sorr_5.0-3ug.dsc

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/sorr_5.0-3ug_all.changes

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/sorr_5.0-3ug_all.deb

http://archive.ubuntugames.org/all/sorr_5.0.orig.tar.gz

Last edited by MrTwizzler on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Ali Asghar likes this post

Back to top Go down

linux - SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! Empty Re: SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

Post  Saven Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Nice, glad to see more fanports are being made! Thanks for the heads up! Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

linux - SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! Empty Re: SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links!

Post  Benny26 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks for these, nice one Smile

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:20 am

Good stuff, thanks for joining to let others aware of this Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Saven wrote:Nice, glad to see more fanports are being made! Thanks for the heads up! Smile

It's not new. It was however taken down because of the legal issues with Sega. It's nice to know that they physically kept this in their repository though.

Been thinking of making a stand alone live cd and/or installer to create a stand alone SORR pc setup with this.

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:48 pm

MrTwizzler wrote:
Saven wrote:Nice, glad to see more fanports are being made! Thanks for the heads up! Smile

It's not new. It was however taken down because of the legal issues with Sega. It's nice to know that they physically kept this in their repository though.

Been thinking of making a stand alone live cd and/or installer to create a stand alone SORR pc setup with this.

Bombergames didn't make this version. They were not allowed to do anything after Sega told them not to, so any development on it stopped afterwards. This was a fanport made by someone, just like the mac version, xbox version, etc.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Saven wrote:
Bombergames didn't make this version. They were not allowed to do anything after Sega told them not to, so any development on it stopped afterwards. This was a fanport made by someone, just like the mac version, xbox version, etc.

was the source code ever released? I thought they simply gave the source to a limited number of people and allowed them to make some "sub-official" ports to other platforms?

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:04 pm

MrTwizzler wrote:
Saven wrote:

was the source code ever released? I thought they simply gave the source to a limited number of people and allowed them to make some "sub-official" ports to other platforms?

SorR Project & History wrote:The source code of this project is closed and there is no project that uses or could use the source code.

Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but i imagine all these ports do is interpret the code that's already there.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Benny26 wrote:
MrTwizzler wrote:
Saven wrote:

SorR Project & History wrote:The source code of this project is closed and there is no project that uses or could use the source code.

Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but i imagine all these ports do is interpret the code that's already there.

How would they compile an executable without the source? Very Happy

IMO that's all just minor semantics to me. I personally don't care when, who or how the port came to be. Just happy and grateful it's around. Cool

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Streets Of Rage Remake has been re-added to the UbuntuGames.org repository list.
http://www.ubuntugames.org/action/games/sorr (Brazilian-Portugese Language)

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Tue May 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware this port was ever completed! I tested it and after some tweaks on the crappy launcher, it works like a charm!

Only one thing: mods do not seem to work correctly. For all mods the result seems to be the same.

• Date is 1900.
  • Title screen is black.
  • Once the character is selected, stage 1 starts, screen is black and the player gets prompted to press start. Then the game returns to the character selection menu.

I'm not familiar with SORMaker, so I'm not in position to tell what's happening here. I'm curious to know if other Unix users are experiencing the same issue, and if any Unix-user/SoRModer around here has any clue.
Up until now I've been playing the game with Wine: everything works perfectly, mods included.

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Tue May 07, 2013 4:37 pm

I packaged the game for Arch Linux:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/streetsofrageremake/

This should help Unix users (for any distro) to make it work, especially
regarding dependencies and folder structure.

The original launcher was really terrible, so I wrote a new one which will let
you save the game and install mods in your user session ($HOME/.sorr), even if
the game was installed in a read-only folder in the file system (which is
commonly the case for any Unix program).

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  MrTwizzler Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 pm

seems i missed quite a bit while on vacation.

Good to see someone is still tinkering with the sor linux build! Good work Ambrevar! Smile

MrTwizzler
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks for the repackaging -- now how does a complete Linux newbie like me use it when I've already installed the .deb version?

Cause the whole .sorr directory thing ain't happening, that's for sure. And I would so love to be able to use mods...

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 am

Are you talking about the .deb or the Arch package? Cause the .deb package does not create any ~/.sorr file and is not working per user session.

Did you track th launcher I provided with the Arch version? If you want to use it manually, extract the Sorr package anywhere on you harddrivem replace the crappy launcher with the one I provide, and run it:

Code:
/path/to/sorr

Should work gracefully. If it does not, can you post the error message?

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:36 am

Oh, forgot something: for the new launcher to work, you need to copy all files from the bennugd folder to the data folder.

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks!

I ended up using the ubuntugames.org installer, then renaming all mod folders to have lowercase-only, no spaces in the names. It works, with mod support, on Gnome Ubuntu 13.10.

Will give this one a shot again when installing a Debian-based distro, which should be soon.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks for the hint, the mods are working indeed when all files are lowercase. I'll update the package and add a script to process the renaming operation easily.

The archive is no longer available on ubuntugames.
http://archive.ubuntugames.org/i386/

Can you confirm that it does not work when using the ubuntugames installer?

WillyTheSquid wrote:
Will give this one a shot again when installing a Debian-based distro, which should be soon.
Err... maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Ubuntu is a Debian-based distribution. Arch is not.

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I've updated the package for Arch.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/streetsofrageremake/

You can now set the location of your .sorr folder. I've included two scripts to ease the renaming process of mod files (turn them all to lowercase).

Once again, you can easily adapt this to any distro, just replace the original launcher with the new one, and make sure you've got all the required libs in the data/ folder.

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

linux - SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! Empty LINKS TO DEBIAN ARCHIVES DO NOT WORK!

Post  links-dont-work Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 am

UbuntuGames website does not work, Debian archives cannot be downloaded and found in the Internet  Sad 

unless someone will upload sorr_5.0-3ug* files, I say "Goodbye" to Debian port and declare it as dead

links-dont-work

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrevar Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:29 am

No worries, the archive can be found at other places. The one I am using for the Arch Linux package:
https://sorr.forumotion.net/t148-sor-v5-for-linux-debian-download-links

Ambrevar
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:20 am

Cool, thanks for the updated link Ambrevar. Smile

And "links-dont-work", thanks for pm'ing me and probably many others about this matter just in case we missed it somehow the first time around. Rolling Eyes
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:59 am

So the Debian links are 404'ing, and I switched to a different distro. Where do I get Sorr5.0a for Debian/Ubuntu now? I tried adding the repository for UbuntuGames but it doesn't seem to be working, unlike last time I installed SoRR.

Halp!

Donovan

Back to top Go down

linux - SOR V5 For Linux Debian Download Links! Empty Ubuntu Games - Package debian Streets of Rage Remake 5.1

Post  coringao Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:29 pm

coringao
coringao
Galsia

http://www.ubuntugames.org

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 am

Good news (for me, at least) -- apparently the Windows version of SoRR 5.0a and 5.1 work with my XFCE PClinuxOS's Wine now for some reason. Awesomesauce.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next