SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped

+9
Don Vecta
Mr.Din
NeoVamp
William Assunção
Elmo
Saven
pestro87
Emthree
JoyJoyfulRabbit
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Empty Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:04 am

1. Prison stage

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Proufn2
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Villians_zps752f11a9
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  PrisonmockThings that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Prisoncopy

2. The police car that can knock enemies down
ts purpose will be to run over the enemies. In this case, Blaze jumps automatically to avoid the car. This attack should damage less enemies than the helicopter attack since it’s more an in-line damaging attack (while the helicopter attack damages the whole area). So to compensate that, the car will drop bonus items like ammo or food for example before leaving

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  UXgjQ2v

3. Female Ninja (enemy)
No image of this but it shown that a woman looks like Blaze in ninja outfit

4. Retep (enemy)
Appeared in SorR v5 enemy list image but no longer be there. Like Ninjo, his sprite is the fusion of Hakuyo and Kusanagi would have been good with the legs color was the same as the top.

5. Playable Mr X (without gun)
Can be seen him at Prison stage mockup screen. His movements are unknown but might be based on Laucorn's
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  2ywct8o
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  5dw5dl
Also digitaldust... well... not really his... ._. ignore his first sketch
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Mrxcombovu4
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img113/2104/mrxfixry8.jpg

6. Online play

7.Create your own playable character(s) and enemies for SORmaker

8. Police helicopter
WHen you call helicopter to destroy thugs, comes and drops a rung and cable ladder to save the heroes from the big blast. The character calling the police will jump and hang himself at the ladder automatically, and then we will be able to press the “police” button one more time to make the actual attack (an area damaging attack), in a safe position. But if you play with a 2nd player, you will have to care for him, because that 2nd player will have to go under the ladder and jump manually in order to hang to it and not to undergo the same fate as the enemies Hopefully, the 1st player, while hanging, should be able to move the helicopter manually towards the 2nd player to catch him… or not

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  VinIp3s

Last edited by JoyJoyfulRabbit on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Empty Re: Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped

Post  Emthree Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:2. The police car that can knock enemies down
Actually, it can in some places :

Just call the police just after you killed two Donovans here, and you'll get a free kill Cool

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Empty Re: Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Emthree wrote:
JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:2. The police car that can knock enemies down
Actually, it can in some places :

Just call the police just after you killed two Donovans here, and you'll get a free kill Cool

B-b-b-but not jump over the car?
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Emthree Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:52 pm

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:B-b-b-but not jump over the car?
Nope, it stays out of the ring, you're right about that.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  pestro87 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:21 am

That's really interesting! Is the prison stage a reference to another game since it's not in any of the sor games?
pestro87
pestro87
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 am

pestro87 wrote:That's really interesting! Is the prison stage a reference to another game since it's not in any of the sor games?

It was a completely brand new idea. Xillatem did the interiors while I THINK (can't remember now) Kaleth did the exteriors. If it wasn't him, then Xilla did those as well.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Elmo Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Kaleth was working on the exteriors.

Elmo
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Also:

The pirate ship was once shown to rotate!

Mr. X originally will be playable in the villain story instead of the main game (presumably most of the other unlockable characters would have gone there too). An extra story would have been cool.

and the dojo level looks like it was planned to have the breakable floor, wall and doors just like sor3. One door is even darker than the others, which suggest that. But instead, the level is linear.

I don't know this is true, but if was true this would be great:

Posted by Xillatem: I remember there being some talk in the chat room a few years ago about a route in the Amusement Park which would be like a house of horrors. This would've been a twist on BK3 Stage 6 where you have to choose one of three doors, one would let you proceed into the next area, whilst the other two would be trap rooms, only with a horror theme rather than lasers.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 am

Unused Event
I have no idea it was cop as playable or not
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:41 am

I once pitched the idea of actually having the predator in SORR V5, at the time it was pretty close to getting released,
and there were lots of people talking about wether or not the Predator would be in it,
eventually I came with a pretty interesting idea of encountering him, not in the haunted house, but in the jungle.

The idea I pitched to Bomber was that you'd fight all the way through the jungle stage, and then right before the boss
you'd get an arrow pointing right, (to the boss) but! if you walked left you could keep walking left until you encountered another arrow,
this one would have been pointed at a less dense part of the background foliage, then you'd walk into it and end up in a darker
part of the jungle area, complete with skulls on the floor and impaled heads, people hanging from vines, mostly those poor Galsia's.

then at the end of that (short) path you'd find a clearing, where you'd fight the predator.

his attacks would have been punching, kicking, jump kicks, and from a distance he'd fire his weapon.

I also pitched the idea of him jumping into the background and then you'd have to avoid his triple dot targeting thingy.
I also thought that it would have been a cool idea to have the entire screen turn blue, like they did in the Amiga Predator game.

Bomber seemed interested, so I went to work sprite editing the Predator from the snes AVP game,
the sprite in Snes AVP was very.. yellowy, hardly predator colors, so I did quite a bit of palette editing, layering and stuff.

I think it came out pretty well, but in hindsight some things just didn't work, mostly the following :

1. More work for Bomber, who at the time rrrrrrrrreally wanted to get SORR done.
2. Predator should have been bigger, the idea of SOR bosses was that they were bigger then the main character, very much Fist of the North Star,
so my small Predator would have not been very boss like.
3. Did I mention Bomber rrrrrrrrrrrreally wanted to finish SORR by then? Very Happy

Still, I got some practice out of it, I still have the full edited sprite sheet, here's an example.
(the yellow/blue Predator was the original sprite)

NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 am

Woah, this is preety intresting, but the predator boss fits better in Alien Bridge to me, this is perfect stage for him imo.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

except, the predator punk from the mobile game was pitched way before, years even. It caused a ridiculous amount of arguing about how he didn't fit in or whatever. When I saw the bridge and jungle stages (both variations) I totally expected the predator boss in one of those levels but the awesomeness of the stages themselves made up for it. Very Happy

One thing I noticed in the development blog the BKR logo looks a ton better than the final one, seemed put together better while the final one was just BK1's logo with remake slapped on it. Speaking of Bare Knuckle it seemed like B wanted to do a little extra with version change than just a logo, my guess would've been all the stuff that was interchangeable in the originals.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Mr.Din wrote:except, the predator punk from the mobile game was pitched way before, years even.

Yeah I worded that wrong, What I meant to say was that yes like you said there was a lot of talk about it,
and whether or not he fits in, and eventually it was decided that it was just not gonna happen.

then right before the release (like a couple months) I pitched the idea to Bomber about how it could work.

That's pretty much what I tried to say.

As for it being years ago.. Man I spoke to Bomber last night and he shared some old image files with me, like 2008 stuff,
and I swear.. it felt like yesterday when I first saw those images on the forum.

Kinda losing track of time here. Razz
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, there were a few thing he should a few of us a week ago. There were some pretty cool stuff that I didn't even know about. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

I just remembered something else that I tried to get into the game,
Remember how SORR would sometimes have these special boss intro's?

well, I had this idea that right before you encounter SOR1 Bongo on the bridge that there'd be this little intro where
you would first hear the sound of him breathing fire, then you'd see a burning Galsia run past you while screaming.

I found a very good wav file for that, and Bomber seemed to lol at the idea, but it never came to fruition other then that.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Well, I'm impressed by that Predator. I still think he should have be in just for the sake of completion (the same for Break and The Old Man), I mean, if the Judos made it in as Blaze clones (and one of the most dynamic characters to be used in a mod) why not Break?

Predator himself could have been just either a robot or a disguised human. Nothing far fetched like a real predator.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrimus Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 am

Yes...too sad that a lot of things were not used in SORR v5 like the villain mode...i remember when i was making those sprites of the cops using those galcias and donovans Razz i still have a lot of designs here in my HD like a big ben agent and a Barbon in police clothes...lol..i was also making another playable character based in the cop of the endings scene of SOR1 but like all of you i was suprised with the launch of the SORR v5....i was suspecting that it could be launched soon but not too soon as it was...so i couldnt finish my playable cop in time.....i also miss the possibility of play over internet by ip like Bomber planned to do in a future update but thanks to Shitga that will not be posibble. No

Adrimus
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 am

I thought it would've been cool if the predator punks were just guys in stolen Police tech, with jet packs, robots etc, the idea isn't too far off haha. I think the predator would've fit best on the bridge, the entire haunted house was a reference to aliens and the bridge seemed a bit AvP to me. The jungle would've been great as well. I agree with break being in for nothing else just fighting axel in sor maker Razz didn't mind the small cameo for the old man. Seems like he would've needed a big revamp maybe a few new moves, that running with a rocket thing was kind of lame xD

I'll take a guess and say the stuff shown by B won't be revealed for a bit of time? Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Adrimus wrote:...i also miss the possibility of play over internet by ip like Bomber planned to do in a future update but thanks to Shitga that will not be posibble. No

I'm really starting to more want this. It's a massive shame it couldn't work properly, we could have held battle tourneys and all sorts over the forum. Could have been very special.

The villain mode sounds as though a lot of work went into it which is a shame for no end reward, I'll bet that would have been fun. Vamp's Predator looks rather good i must say also.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 pm

As stated before, I would have really really liked if I had got off my ass and did this way earlier

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Adamzonkunused

Just too late to add it in sadly.

Other stuff I never finished:
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Shhh2
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Mysterybl1
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Criss wrote:As stated before, I would have really really liked if I had got off my ass and did this way earlier

Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Adamzonkunused

Just too late to add it in sadly.

Other stuff I never finished:
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Shhh2
Things that were to appear in V5 but were scrapped  Mysterybl1
what were the last two going to be used for? I remember these, the zonk knuckle would've been awesome,

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 am

Running specials. Clothesline for Max, and a kinda-Sonic Boom-esque thing for Blaze.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 pm

DAT ASS! monkey

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Word of God says that unfortunately neither Predator, Break and possibly the Old Man were considered due of the 64 limit imposed by the engine. Plus Vamp's idea came up a little too late already. Razz

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 am

Don Vecta wrote:due of the 64 limit imposed by the engine.

Aah yeah that was also the case, I forgot about that.

Shame that Bomber is completely done with SORR, another version with all these features would have been divine.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next