SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español) Updated 04/04/13

+9
bazzza
Don Vecta
vince
William Assunção
Rocketeer Raccoon
xRainmakerRSx
k0l3
thenomad
Xenovant
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español)  Updated 04/04/13 Empty [Utility] Palette Manager (english/español) Updated 04/04/13

Post  Xenovant Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español)  Updated 04/04/13 2evamjc

And here is the application that completes the launcher: The Palette Manager.

What is it?
It's a program to manage the palettes made for the mods of this game. You won't have to do the tedious work of renaming folders anymore.

How can I make it work correctly?

First of all, place this program in your game folder (where sorr.exe and sormaker.exe are).

When you run the app, it creates a folder named "custom" in the "palettes" directory. Here is where you have to place the folder with the palettes (the folder "enemies" from the mod properly renamed to the name of the mod).

For example: you want to use the palettes from H.U.N.T.E.R. so you have to rename the folder "enemies" that comes with this mod to "HUNTER" (or whatever) and place it in palettes\custom\

It should look this way:

folderofthegame\
sorr.exe
palette manager.exe
palettes\custom\HUNTER\*.pal

Now open this utility and you will see "HUNTER" in the list. Select it and click the "Set Palette" button. The program will rename your default "enemies" folder to "enemies_bakpm" and will rename and move the folder with the palettes for HUNTER from "palettes\custom\HUNTER" to "palettes\enemies".

If you want to restore the default palettes, the only thing that you need to do is to click the "Restore" button, the program will read the former name of the mod from the registry and it will restore everything.

UPDATE:
If this app can't read the name of the applied custom palettes, now it will ask for one (if you formatted/reinstalled windows and you had a custom palette applied, for example)

Code:

https://mega.nz/#!HlxzALoa!6ZLJmryVXIGDxjg5VZUCjFviNQ3FRMxUzwdDgbZ_y9s

Mirror by Don Vecta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4xu5kk175ehxbl/Palette%20ManagerCU.rar?dl=0

Mirror by Bazzza:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2ODVuZW9TbVFmQUU/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Xenovant on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:12 am; edited 5 times in total

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español)  Updated 04/04/13 Empty Re: [Utility] Palette Manager (english/español) Updated 04/04/13

Post  thenomad Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Xenovant, hello! I don't know if i made crap or something, but since i installed windows 8 64bit, when i press "restore", the pallete go back to the custom folder, but with name "enemies", and not the original folder name (H.U.N.T.E.R.S for example). I don't know if it is because the windows 8 or if i set a custom palette over other custom pallete, before press restore, what could has made a little mess... if is windows 8 the problem, can you take some time to fix this bug?
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español)  Updated 04/04/13 Empty Re: [Utility] Palette Manager (english/español) Updated 04/04/13

Post  Xenovant Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Could you try something? Set the language to spanish, close it, open it again and check if the language is still applied. I wanna check if it reads/writes correctly the registry.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  k0l3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm

I was checking the custom palette topic and got some of them.
But the only way to apply the new palettes is with this? Can't I just manually replace the files I downloaded on any file?

Through the fire and flames
k0l3
k0l3
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Of course you can, you only have to replace the files Razz

This utility is for replacing entire folders, for using a lot of custom palettes from the mods, if you want to modify a palette for a playable character, you'll have to do it manually, this is only for the enemies' palettes.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:03 am

Xenovant wrote:Could you try something? Set the language to spanish, close it, open it again and check if the language is still applied. I wanna check if it reads/writes correctly the registry.

Sorry, i totally forgot to come here check if you have answered... yep, i changed language to spanish and Pallete manager keep the new settings. I only know that i'm having some hard time with windows 8, more than i have when switched from xp to vista and from vista to 7.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:16 am

Look, this is the initial screen, no Pallet set:

https://i.imgur.com/MZyovfF.jpg

So, i selected Adam's Story pallete and hit SET:

https://i.imgur.com/aDVmrdR.jpg

And then hit RESTORE, the folder come back to custom folder, but with the name ENEMIES instead Adam's Story:

https://i.imgur.com/yRlMUon.jpg

And i have to manually rename the "enemies" to "Adam's Story", and if i set other pallete without rename "enemies", and restore, the new "enemies" folder overwrite the older one...
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Check the first post and try the CURRENT_USER version, I think that your account hasn't admin privileges for writing in the LOCAL_MACHINE section of the registry.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:43 am

Thank you very much Xenovant, worked flawlessly! I'm having problem with Windows 8 admin settings, i tried to change this and seems not to work, i don't know why, seems like windows 8 works in a different way from 7 about licenses and permissions...
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:59 pm

That's why I still use win xp x64 Razz with every new windows release it becomes more and more restrictive.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

[Utility] Palette Manager (english/español)  Updated 04/04/13 Empty download !

Post  xRainmakerRSx Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:34 pm

I put all folders 'enemies' of all mods in the folder 'custom' that is inside 'palettes'. All 'enemies' folders have been renamed with the name of the corresponding mod.

However, when I apply any palette, it simply disappears from the list!

Friends can help figure out what I'm doing wrong? study

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:28 pm

That's how it works. If the palettes have been applied, they aren't there anymore, isn't it? Razz

When you click "Restore" or apply another set of palettes, they will be back on your list.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:25 am

Ok, how do I download this program? It's been deleted.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Link fixed in the first post

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Good. Very Happy
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi people, i finally back here after so long [ my computer stop working but now he was finally fixed ]

but when i tried to download appear this: "Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

Someone can reupload this please?
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 am

Excellent idea of application, I want it! But the link is dead. Wannawannawannawanna!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:27 pm

New Dropbox link added. Should be working by now.

I could use mirrors in case shit hits the fan again, please.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 am

Nice! Thank you for the link. Two bad the data folder isn't part of the appli. The best would be these options integrated in SORR itself, but that is already a very good improvement.
Thanks!

Last edited by vince on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2ODVuZW9TbVFmQUU/view?usp=sharing

Good job on this Xenovant here is a back up link in case shit hits the fan.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:21 am

Thanks for the mirrors, Don Vecta and Bazzza.

I have fixed the links of my 3 utilities on their respective posts.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Okay, I'm finding a serious issue here.

I needed to change my palettes for another mod and I click on the SORmaker Launcher, I clicked at the Palette Manager link and nothing happen... then realized the palette manager.exe was gone. I don't know why. So, I have the zipped folder of my backup but every time I move the program to the folder or unzip it, the fucking .exe disappears, can anyone tell me WTF is going on!?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:38 pm

I haven't used the Palette Manager so I'm not sure but perhaps your antivirus software detected it as harmful and quickly got rid of it. Perhaps try disabling it for a second and see if it still disappears.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Yep, add it to the exceptions in your antivirus.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Fucking Avast had this annoying option (that I was completely unaware of, and I think was added recently) that it kills "suspicious" programs automatically without notifying shit. Stupid antivirus, sometimes they just do shit THEIR way~!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next