Creating New Playable Characters?

Go down

Creating New Playable Characters?

Post  SketchTurner on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello! Very Happy I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Re: Creating New Playable Characters?

Post  Red Jack on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 pm

SketchTurner wrote:Hello! Very Happy  I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Sketch Turner is a cool character and comix zone is a great game that should really get either a remake or a sequel.

What you are asking for is best done with openbor. The bor part means beats of rage.... ehhh I can't be bothered to explain the history. I'll shorten it.
Streets of rage remake can modify the scripting, the backgrounds and other things like enemy placements.
Openbor is harder work but it does mean a lot lot more can be changed. Some openbor mods have players playing as Barbon, Zamza, R Bear and many more as a replacement for a usual character that can be played as.
From my experience, all this is quite a learning curve. I hope you are prepared for all that learning and downloading lots of software like fpg editor.

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SketchTurner on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Red Jack wrote:
SketchTurner wrote:Hello! Very Happy  I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Sketch Turner is a cool character and comix zone is a great game that should really get either a remake or a sequel.

What you are asking for is best done with openbor.  The bor part means beats of rage.... ehhh I can't be bothered to explain the history.  I'll shorten it.
Streets of rage remake can modify the scripting, the backgrounds and other things like enemy placements.
Openbor is harder work but it does mean a lot lot more can be changed.  Some openbor mods have players playing as Barbon, Zamza, R Bear and many more as a replacement for a usual character that can be played as.
From my experience, all this is quite a learning curve.  I hope you are prepared for all that learning and downloading lots of software like fpg editor.

Comix Zone should get a remake or sequel. Smile

Thanks! I'll check it out! I'm still not giving up on getting him into SorR though. Very Happy

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down