SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating New Playable Characters?

+2
Red Jack
SketchTurner
6 posters

Go down

Creating New Playable Characters? Empty Creating New Playable Characters?

Post  SketchTurner Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello! Very Happy I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Creating New Playable Characters? Empty Re: Creating New Playable Characters?

Post  Red Jack Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 pm

SketchTurner wrote:Hello! Very Happy  I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Sketch Turner is a cool character and comix zone is a great game that should really get either a remake or a sequel.

What you are asking for is best done with openbor. The bor part means beats of rage.... ehhh I can't be bothered to explain the history. I'll shorten it.
Streets of rage remake can modify the scripting, the backgrounds and other things like enemy placements.
Openbor is harder work but it does mean a lot lot more can be changed. Some openbor mods have players playing as Barbon, Zamza, R Bear and many more as a replacement for a usual character that can be played as.
From my experience, all this is quite a learning curve. I hope you are prepared for all that learning and downloading lots of software like fpg editor.

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SketchTurner Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Red Jack wrote:
SketchTurner wrote:Hello! Very Happy  I'm new around here. I'm addicted to Sorr, and I wanted to know if it was possible to completely replace a playable character with a new one. I know you can swap their sprites. But I mean actually replace them with a new character, with a new moveset. Example: Replace The Playable Ash (Not The Boss) with Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. And Sketch has his own moveset. I wanted to recreate the Sor 2 Sketch Turner mod for Sorr. Thanks for reading. And if I'm being stupid, and you can't do this. Sorry!

Sketch Turner is a cool character and comix zone is a great game that should really get either a remake or a sequel.

What you are asking for is best done with openbor.  The bor part means beats of rage.... ehhh I can't be bothered to explain the history.  I'll shorten it.
Streets of rage remake can modify the scripting, the backgrounds and other things like enemy placements.
Openbor is harder work but it does mean a lot lot more can be changed.  Some openbor mods have players playing as Barbon, Zamza, R Bear and many more as a replacement for a usual character that can be played as.
From my experience, all this is quite a learning curve.  I hope you are prepared for all that learning and downloading lots of software like fpg editor.

Comix Zone should get a remake or sequel. Smile

Thanks! I'll check it out! I'm still not giving up on getting him into SorR though. Very Happy

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Creating New Playable Characters? Empty new playable character

Post  natalialuzak Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 pm

hello now replace the playable character and its not there please help

natalialuzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  joewolf Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Check out this thread: https://sorr.forumotion.net/t437-character-vegeta-update?highlight=vegeta

Crystalix and zakforradio figured out how to edit character sprites.

joewolf
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:02 am

I have met others also who have used my tutorial. And it helped them. Although my tutorial is already outdated by this time. I must add to that section that it is possible to add about 10 sprites at a time using smart fpg editor, using the "add" button and highlighting a few sprites. Number in box must match number of description so all these must be typed manually

Also, you may save the palette for any sprite using photoshop. (This is reduced to about 200 colors or so) Once the palette is saved, you could always use if for every sprite, no need for copy paste over another sprite! If anyone needs help removing 'noise' on a few sprites just let me know and i'll try to help.
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Diavoletto Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:13 pm

zakforradio wrote:I have met others also who have used my tutorial. And it helped them. Although my tutorial is already outdated by this time. I must add to that section that it is possible to add about 10 sprites at a time using smart fpg editor, using the "add" button and highlighting a few sprites. Number in box must match number of description so all these must be typed manually

Also, you may save the palette for any sprite using photoshop. (This is reduced to about 200 colors or so) Once the palette is saved, you could always use if for every sprite, no need for copy paste over another sprite! If anyone needs help removing 'noise' on a few sprites just let me know and i'll try to help.

Hi Zak,
this is my new character for SORR V5 but I have some problems with palette and noise, can you help me please? Why I have some color dots on sprite after correctly noised the frame?
Thank you so much
Creating New Playable Characters? 2019-011
Creating New Playable Characters? 2019-010

Diavoletto
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:03 am

I will help you out... Your palettes for the character should look something like this
http://prntscr.com/okpn1h

And all file names something like this
http://prntscr.com/okpnq0

And the denoise will work for sure. Let my know what happens

EDIT: If you give me the files I can also try to fix
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Diavoletto Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm

zakforradio wrote:I will help you out... Your palettes for the character should look something like this
http://prntscr.com/okpn1h

And all file names something like this
http://prntscr.com/okpnq0

And the denoise will work for sure. Let my know what happens

EDIT: If you give me the files I can also try to fix
Thank you Zack! I solved the problem by myself. The problem was that some frame have different palette (on original shiva) and there is no a solution creating frame from zero. So I pasted new character frame over the original frame of shiva and it work!
Creating New Playable Characters? 2019-010
Cool Cool

Now I have to correct control points: do you know how it work?
Here what I understand:
CPT-0 = centre position for the frame
CPT-1 = ??
CPT-2 = damage point (part of  the frame that HIT enemies like punch or kick)
CPT-3 = ??
CPT-4 = centre position for character
CPT-5 = frame box
CPT-6,7,8,9 = ??
CPT-10 = collision box (define the area that enemies can HIT)
CPT-11 = frame box

is there any guide for control points?
Thank you

Diavoletto
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:13 am

I don't know much about control points, I think "1" is where holding weapon. Your gonna paste on top for every single sprite? I use to do that, but I found a faster way to save palette on photoshop. Ok, if there's anyway I can help, just let me know
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Creating New Playable Characters? Empty own characters on streets of rage remake

Post  natalialuzak Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:11 pm

how to add own playable/enemy characters on streets of rage remake tutorial plz ok?

natalialuzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down