SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 4

+42
SpideyKeiiti
SORDave
deisha_max
E253MechaShadow
ArcadeTheHedgehog
Winged Cat
Light82
bareknuckleroo
Xillatem
Jericho_mpm
Gold Katana
Pulstar
RuffNTumble
Slaw
El Gambito
Waruiva
Shadow Fist King
Don Vecta
Late goodbye
Feanor
Kimono
oracle
JoyJoyfulRabbit
graylandertagger
SoRFanatic
retroguy
Queenie89
RADRaze2KX
thenomad
Security
vince
cabo-hicks
Laucorn
Cosmo
Maria Lourenço
Mr.Din
AdamHunter
Saven
Rockmanxx
DamianD
Charco
Lithium Flower
46 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 4

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 am

DamianD wrote:Hey guys ign posted this an hour ago.

stage 6 music was a bit bothering me because of Time Out sound effects. This stage remind me of Final fight

Iceferno wrote:It does seem an odd choice, having a guitar wielding character. I think a drum machine would be more fitting. lol

If we don't get Adam, then I'm hoping for Skate, who essentially would be a very similar Adam, taking aging into account.

How about the fighter with broom stick? :U
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm

The full track from the Cherry trailer was uploaded to soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/dotemu-games/motohiro-kawashima-dj-k-washi-streets-of-rage-4-ost/s-sBvwa

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:58 pm

On the Yuzo Koshiro Youtube channel too:

Excellent one! Sounds like Expander sometimes, and that's a good point!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:04 pm

That's not Yuzo's official channel, btw: this is.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 am

Iceferno wrote:That's not Yuzo's official channel, btw: this is.
Shocked
I was fooled!
My turn to be fake fan Suicidal
And the non official channel has 4x followers! Mad
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:15 pm

vince wrote:
Iceferno wrote:That's not Yuzo's official channel, btw: this is.
 Shocked
I was fooled!
My turn to be fake fan Suicidal
And the non official channel has 4x followers! Mad
lol Well there's some karma for you. Razz

Yeah, I was fooled by the larger channel before, but Yuzo's own has arrangement deconstructions, orchestra performances, and more recently, he's started making vlog style vids speaking English.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am

Another video by Famitsu, showing more gameplay features:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Ah nice find. This immediately gets me thinking if there'll be a 2P Battle mode, and the bikes at the beginning: could there be a motorcycle section in the previous stage? Smile

The throws look really good. I like that you can catch a weapon after it bounces off an enemy from a throw. Shiva seems slower, though all the characters are so it kinda makes sense. I was surprised to see that you could throw him without him doing a recovery land. Makes me wonder if the twins are in the game and if they'll do the same? I like that you can recover from attack knockdowns too, as well as enemy throws.

I still think the art style could be better, but there will most likely be pixelart mods available after release, especially if the PC version is on Steam with the workshop feature.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:38 am

Another gameplay vid, this time with Blaze:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am

Iceferno wrote:Ah nice find. This immediately gets me thinking if there'll be a 2P Battle mode, and the bikes at the beginning: could there be a motorcycle section in the previous stage? Smile

When I asked the dev team, they told me "it would be complicated". Not sure what to make of that but I'm not too hopeful on that one, it is clear their focus is on SOR2 design.

Iceferno wrote:The throws look really good. I like that you can catch a weapon after it bounces off an enemy from a throw. I like that you can recover from attack knockdowns too, as well as enemy throws.

yeah I think those are cool additions!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:38 pm

My apologies about the triple posting.

Figured I'd start a breakdown of every info we have thanks to those gameplay vids!
UPDATED 25/02/2020

RELEASE:
Spring 2020
PC, PS4, XboxOne, Switch
Physical release planned with Limited Run Games.

COMPOSERS:
Yuzo Koshiro
Motohiro Kawashima
Yoko Shimomura, who wrote music for the original Street Fighter 2 and the Kingdom Hearts series;
Hideki Naganuma, known for his work on the Jet Set Radio, Sega Rally, and Super Monkey Ball games;
Keiji Yamagishi, who wrote music for Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo Bowl.

CONFIRMED PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:
Axel
Blaze
Cherry
Adam
Floyd

CONFIRMED NOT PLAYABLE CHARACTERS FOR LAUNCH:
Max

STAGES:

So far, not only is there plenty of all-new and no boring rehash, it also all looks vibrant, colourful and lively which was my main concern when the game was announced. I'm very glad with all these so far.
Some very curious scenes, I wanna find out in which context you get to these places.

Streets of Rage 4 - Page 4 1567352608-sor4stageslist
Older version

ENNEMIES:
Coming back from previous games:
Galsia (act like in SOR2, except he can now charge at anytime with knife instead of sticking to one knife behaviour)
Donovan (act like in SOR2, can now use butcher knife.)
Signal
Garnet
Nora
Big Ben (besides fire throwing, has jump attack from SOR2 and roll from SOR3. Can be thrown like in SOR2 as of latest build.)
Eagle (is now able to break free from grabs)
Silver (in a buffier version)
Abadede (likely, in the "Behind the Art" video)

Newcomers:
Kevin (seems to have an evasive behaviour and tries to kick you. They can also jump kick.)
Feminine version of the classic bikers. So far they haven't been seen riding bikes but they can headbutt on a medium range and leap on a long range.
Elizabeth (that girl punk specializes in throwing hazardous items such as poison, flame, electric bottles as well as grenades. If she loses, she will get another one from pocket)
Goro (that karate master act similarly to SOR2 Hakuyo except doesn't have a jump attack and the fireball is replace by a powerful forward punch. He can break free from grabs. He can block attacks and counterattack immediately.)
Kooboo (act as a midboss like Jack or Bruce. Interesting design between a cyborg and ninja, he can use pipes, make them spin against characters either by telekinesis or magnetism or attack by jumping very high and landing hard on characters.)
Policeman (or security guard, can't tell much): they will try to pick up and use tasers.

Bosses:
Diva (stage 1, lady with a snake that produces electricity based attacks)
Police antiriot officer (uses a shield)
Shiva
Barbon

Gameplay novelties:
DEFENSE:
- Every A attack will now consume health but leave a green portion of lifebar that can be recovered into health by striking ennemies continuously without getting a single hit. Getting hit cancels that green part.
- You can now break free from front grabs.
- You can now safe land if you get knockdowns hit. (like in Scott Pilgrim the game)

ATTACK:
- You can do teammove but it will only perform a basic jump forward attack.
- You can now also do a teammove by vaulting on ennemies.
- you can apparently perform blitz attack while grabbing ennemies.
- you can now juggle hit ennemies and players in midair like in a fighting game.
- ennemies can be bounced off walls for more combos
- ennemies cannot be knock downed out of screen anymore, they always stay on screen now.
- You can now do all new A special attacks in midair. They look awesome and allow for devastating combos. Also consume recoverable health.
Axel dives in a roll and then perform a powerful forward punch. Useful to push back ennemies.
Blaze's is reminiscent of Chun-Li's Senkukyaku technique, she can use twice in a row in a combo.
- Each character has now a new Star move, only performable if you collect stars scattered throughout the game. They do much more damage than any attack and cover a longer range.
Shiva as an ennemy has a substitute, which consists of creating chi clones (1 or 2 at the same time) of himself to perform forward palm strike around him.
- You can have more than one star at a time.
- Charge attacks are back but with a twist! It now does a powerful attack, for example Adam does a heavy boot kick. Character glow when the charge attack is ready.
- Back attack can now be executed by pressing Back and the attack button at the same time.

WEAPONS:
- they have durability like in SOR3 but don't display healthbar (for now)
- you keep them when you grab ennemies, like in SOR1 and 3, this time they are shown and don't disappear on sprites.
- apparently, doing a defensive special (press A only) let go of the weapon
- biggest novelty is, you can grab them while they're bouncing off midair. Probably requires a bit of timing.

- blunt weapons bounces off ennemies when thrown, like in SORR. You can do a combo of throwing then catching the weapon then throwing and so on...
- you keep them between scenes.
- the usual weapons back are : knife, pipe, metal bat, wooden bat, grenade, katana, bottle.
- new weapons shown: butcher knife, poison or flame or electric bottles, spear, tasers, sais,
- there is also explosive barrels like in SORR but they're clearly shown as dangerous and not hidden.
- Weapon specials are in this game, they have been since the first private build but nobody ever does them in these gameplay videos (thanks Mr.Din).

MISCELLANEOUS:
- Action takes place in Wood Oak city.
- breakable items now takes more hits to be broken.
- characters apparently travels in bike between stages but as asked on twitter if there are bike stages, "that'd be great but complicated"
- There is now a dedicated button for picking up items, separate from the attack button.
- Poison ponds depletes your health gradually which is recoverable by hitting ennemies. Anyone poisoned is also slower and jump lower than usual. Characters and ennemies are both affected. Stays for some seconds.
- AXEL: if he performs his super combo (A + forward) and doesn't hit anybody, the combo will stop midway instead of continuing until the end.
- BLAZE: when she throws an ennemy, she also performs a back roll. Useful for keeping track of the thrown ennemy and avoiding being crowded.
- They're going to support the game after release with DLC. They have a lot of ideas for a game that big and they don't think they'll be able to put everything they want in the game at time before release.
- Too soon to say for a SoR5
- No branching paths. They want something simple in terms of story structure.
- Main campaign is going to be the longer than the other official entries.
- The default mode will not need to start from the beginning if you get a game over. You'll start from the beginning of the stage in which you lost.
- Aim for very good replay value with games modes, difficulty modes, many unlockables.
- Friendly hits can be disabled.
- Playable offline for 1 to 4 players.
- Playable online for 2 players.

CHERRY HUNTER:
- Story:
Cherry Hunter is the daughter of Adam Hunter from the original Streets of Rage.
Trained by her father and Axel, Cherry learned self-defense from a young age. Her interest in following in her father’s footsteps and becoming a cop soon faded out, replaced by her love of music. Nowadays, she plays with her electro progressive rock band in some of the most dangerous places in Wood Oak City. She may look young but make no mistake – she is a seasoned veteran of kicking ass and taking names.

- She is the new Skate, weakest but fastest.
- She is the only character able to run (as of now)
- She is able to consecutively head stomp on ennemies. This mechanic is in Scott Pilgrim the game.
- Her Star move consists of performing a guitar power slide which hit ennemies around and forward with a good range.
- Her guitar shockwave shakes the breakable items around, nice detail.

ADAM HUNTER (was only playable in commercial game SOR1 and fangame SORR)
-He's got his basic combo, suplex and throw from SOR1 alright.
-His uppercut doesn't seem to throw ennemies mid-air anymore.
-Has long range with blunt weapons as in SOR1.
-His A defensive is kinda similar to the one given in SORR V4.
-His special techniques seem to focus more on pushing.
-His chi is mainly green.
-He can dash instead of running and will auto change direction if dashed through an ennemy.
- - Adam's air special is similar to Ryu's tatsumaki (hurricane kick)

FLOYD IRAIA
- Story:
Floyd became Dr. Zan's disciple after an horrible accident left him armless. Zan built him his cybernetics arms and trained him to use it for good
- Slowest character with the slowest health regenaration rate.
- Grabber type character.
- Has the longest range of all.
- Can grab an ennemy and keep in hand for some moments.
- Can grab two ennemies nearby and crush them, like in Double Dragon Neon.
- Can grab an ennemy from a medium distance.
- His star move is a huge laser beam that shoots forward.

Last edited by iceweb38 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:18 am; edited 15 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks for all the info (and the reply on Twitter).
Admittedly, I sort of scanned through the footage, as to not spoil too much for myself.

I reckon I will get the Switch version, and the console, a SoR4 Switch bundle would be great if that happens.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:16 pm

I noticed third playable character always Hunter family members and wore yellow tank top. Maybe next character will be big and strong wears red and blue (poor Zan that not enough strength for Big Ben).

Cop as boss? maybe former friend of 3 heroes? or test their strength? Being tricked by fake chief (not from SOR3) to against them?
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 am

Thanks for all the info Iceweb. Also found a new gameplay video that has stage 1 in it with some changes since they last showed stage 1.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Great finding!
There's that new mid-boss Kooboo that looks like a mix of ninja and cyborg, interesting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Here is some off screen footage skip to 5:00 and watch what Koobo does with all the pipes he did it in the previous video too but there were only 2 pipes so it was harder to notice.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:45 am

Iceweb thank you for all the posted info! I missed the interview that confirmed a beach stage, looking forward to what that'll be like. A few things, all weapons can bounce of enemies currently I don't think this will change but I did suggest maybe sharp weapons disappear instead to help lower weapon count. Music is also dynamic you'll notice this more in stage 6 gameplay which I assume features a more complete set of tracks compared to stage 1. Cherry is the only one who can run as they wanted to stay closer the strategic feel of SoR2 and it's character moveset variety, this is also the reason rolling isn't featured either.

There are pretty much all but confirmed to be 5 characters for the initial roster, if cherry is an indicator than my guess is that "cyber-arms" (4th guy) will likely take elements from zan and max creating a new grappler. The 5th guy I have no clue, he could be Adam, an older skate or just new guy altogether. Not sure about cutscenes but we will be seeing some scene transitions and nice little details, don't read too much into the bike intro either a lot of stuff has been for show so far.

Weapon specials are in this game, they have been since the first private build but nobody ever does them in these gameplay videos, there's also the standard combo for some weapons but in addition to this the blitz attack input does it's own attack, it's a bit awkward given I'm used to running before doing a weapon blitz but it is there! there's also a whole button dedicated to picking up, throwing and dropping weapons. There's plans to allow the player to customize how these things work so if you want the classic style for back attack, weapon functions etc you'll be able to set that up.

Guys if you find an event that hosts this game, PLAY IT! give them all your feedback good, bad or otherwise. They ARE listening, they have their vision of course but they also want to make this a great and worthy entry to the series so be sure to engage them when you can!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:16 am

vince wrote:On the Yuzo Koshiro Youtube channel too:

Excellent one! Sounds like Expander sometimes, and that's a good point!

I'm soooooooo excited about this bounce
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Some new informations thanks to that interview : http://prankster101.com/articles/interview-with-cyrille-lagarigue-of-streets-of-rage-4/

- They're going to support the game after release with DLC. They have a lot of ideas for a game that big and they don't think they'll be able to put everything they want in the game at time before release.
- too soon to say for a SoR5
- no branching paths. They want something simple in terms of story structure.
- main campaign is going to be the longer than the other official entries.
- the default mode will not need to start from the beginning if you get a game over. You'll start from the beginning of the stage in which you lost.
- aim for very good replay value with games modes, difficulty modes, many unlockables.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:44 pm

New video with the developers this time.
What's confirmed:
- No RPG elements in. They want the experience to feel as challenging as the previous games.
- Scenes will have changes in real time.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockmanxx Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:50 pm

iceweb38 wrote:- no branching paths. They want something simple in terms of story structure.
They just confirmed SOR4 won't be as good as SORR. Story was never the strong point of the series so its absurd to compromise new gameplay features just for Story.

EDIT: I almost forgot, running is now character exclusive in SOR4. Geez, the devs must really hate SOR3.
Rockmanxx
Rockmanxx
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:33 am

Adam Hunter is back in action!!!

Can you spot Ash and Max in the trailer? Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 am

No, I can't but I hope the shadows in the title are Zan and Max Wink
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 am

I hope not. I was disappointed in SoR3 to have Skate one again, almost identical to the one from SoR2 (even if I know that here, the characters will be completly different). For me, SoR characters should be Adam/Blaze + new ones for each game.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:19 pm

It's great to have Adam back I'd like too know what everyone thinks of his new design.

Just re watched the trailer and paused on every screen to try and find Ash and Max but I don't see them I did notice Barbon though.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next