SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you come up with your username?

+22
deisha_max
oracle
Don Vecta
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Cosmo
Shiva
HeroBorn
Masta Killa
RotaEA
KFCutman
Crash Dummie
BigDarsh
Shadow Fist King
wawatu
Emthree
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
Charco
badjab326
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Benny26
Saven
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty How did you come up with your username?

Post  Saven Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Just like on the older forum, how did you come up with your own username on this forum? Like as in what do some of them mean or where do they from? For example, my username was based upon a character from a story I have been building up for many, many years. I like the way that it looks and I think it sounds cool (pronounced as "Save In").

How about everyone else?
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty Re: How did you come up with your username?

Post  Benny26 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Mine is just my nickname followed by the day in July i was born on.

Nothing special.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

robbiedarobot83 likes this post

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty Re: How did you come up with your username?

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I stole my friend's nickname from many many years ago Embarassed as for rabbit.... well... part of online game Razz
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Was a big fan of Michael Jackson and Bad Dudes as a kid. My initials are J.A.B. and 326 is my b-day. For the sake of continuity and ease of use I've been keeping with pretty much the same username at all forums.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm

My username is what you get when you try typing my first name using predictive text on your phone, had this nickname amongst my friends for about 14 years!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Charco wrote:My username is what you get when you try typing my first name using predictive text on your phone, had this nickname amongst my friends for about 14 years!

Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  RuffNTumble Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:00 am

It's on my birth certificate I'm so hungry.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithium Flower Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 pm

I was looking for a youtube name when I was 13, found a guy called Yak141, reminded me of an Ox so I added an E and made Oxe141.. and then I forgot my password so i made oxe161.

As for my current one, it's based off the song from the Ghost in the Shell SAC soundtrack.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Emthree Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Emthree stands for M3, not a gun but an old guitar amps label, very popular in the 80's. Cheap, loud and noisy hardware, their most famous models being called Gunner and Supergunner. You get the picture Twisted Evil

I sometimes use other names based on the same story : Aimfri is Emthree pronounced with some retarded French accent, Emfour is an upgraded Emthree, and so on.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  wawatu Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 am

my username is just something random that i write when i decided to create my account in deviant art some time ago hehe

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm

I based my username on the character of the "One Shadow" from the Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (a.k.a. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi) manga series, which I follow every week online. There was also some influence coming from Raoh, the "King of the Fist" from Fist of the North Star.
Shadow Fist King
Shadow Fist King
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:04 pm

litteraly "Ken Oh" his nickname as an emperor! :p

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 pm

BigDarsh wrote:litteraly "Ken Oh" his nickname as an emperor! :p

Ah, a big Hokuto no Ken fan! Very Happy 
Shadow Fist King
Shadow Fist King
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Crash Dummie Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:48 pm

I was a fan of the Crash Test Dummies toys when I was a kid, and there's a typo in Chrono Trigger where the Cave Girl says "Dummie" instead of "Dummy".

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

*post updated*

Last edited by KFCutman on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  RotaEA Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:37 am

The story of my username is quite the page turner. It all started back in my middleshool days, when I started Adventure/DragonQuest. I made the username 'Ruleroftheabyss', and had fun with that. then I upgraded to MapleStory. With the character limits, that didn't quite fit, so I shortened it to Rotabyss. That name also went into the acclaim MMO BOTS, and someone there called me Rota, leaving off the Byss part. I liked the ring it had to it, but unfortunately I went through an identity crisis online, and changed handles a lot over a short time. flash forward a few years later, and I rediscovered it, and it was like meeting an old friend again. It has now become so much a part of me, that he has his own character identity now. His full name is Rota Emptiet Abyssian. as we established, Rota stands for Ruler Of The Abyss, Emptiet(Emp-TIE-ay) is a word I made from the word Empty or Emptiness, and Abyssian just refers to how he is of the abyss, but not one of the beings he created there.

*whew* and that doesn't even go into his backstory. I'll spare you all that for now. So RotaEA is his first name, and his two remaining initials. it is my backup username just in case Rota or Rotabyss are taken. I used RotaEA on the original Remake forums, and thought it fitting to maintain it for these forums as well.
RotaEA
RotaEA
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Killa Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:16 pm

My username is of one of my favorite rappers from the group Wu-Tang. The name itself is derived from the 1978 Kung-Fu film Shaolin Master Killer

How did you come up with your username? Th?&id=HN.608015044077358702&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

How did you come up with your username? Th?&id=HN.608013570904425869&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
Masta Killa
Masta Killa
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I had a feeling! Gza and Inspectah Deck were my favourite MC's from the Wu.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:47 am

Hi I'm new to this forum. "HeroBorn" is actually a term I use to describe myself in regards to what I have and still go through with others whom I've successfully helped. Others have begun to call me "Hero" and or look up to me as one after I help them even in dangerous situations.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I took name of my favorite character in SoR. Also on some other sites, I have a surname for Shiva — Kuzunasee. This surname I made with some japanese sounds.

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:15 am

Mine has a bit of history, but keep in mind it is kind of weird and showcases the weird wiring of my warped mind. LOL It has also been altered to some degree over the years as well.

When i was 13, i was a big fan of the show FairlyOddParents, but the story does not end there. I went to imdb and made alternate accounts from my usual one, and i used to enjoy going there and either being or pretending to meet certain celebrities. Anyway, i was horrible with names and titles back then(still am, but was worse then) and my usernames were just a jumble of random bullshit with no meaning, so i had a name called CosmoRugby because i literally just let the first thing pop in to my head and connect it with another thing that popped in to my head, so i got that. And i made an alternate to claim to be someone else, i think the real person, and got CosmoBuggi. Then i randomly decided to use that name for whatever reason while signing up on Online. Over time, however, i started thinking of Buggi as just a part of my strangetarded mind as a teenager, so i reduced it down to just Cosmo because i evolved and had dignity LOL, and since about...2013? I had been using it as CosmoBG on music upload sites.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:43 pm

If anyone's ever heard of Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch, it's pretty much a mod for Zandronum (which is mostly a mod of Doom), but unlike other Megaman fangames, this one's a 3D FPS, and it's really fun.

Back before V5 (of MM8BDM, not SoRR) was out, the older version of Zandronum had a name limit. I was known as Kung Fu Cutman, but the color text wouldn't fit, so I changed it to KFCutman, still short for Kung Fu Cutman.

As a side note, one time, I was covered in eggs and bread crumbs and thrown into a deep-frier in Kentucky.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your username? Empty About my username

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Since I decided to join this forum, I thought the username "Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010" reminded me of two things:

1. The name Lucky's owner calls him in the 21st Century version of Pound Puppies
  2. The year in which the TV show mentioned was first broadcast in North America

This may sound very strange for a Streets of Rage forum but I think it's a cute name.
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 wrote:Since I decided to join this forum, I thought the username "Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010" reminded me of two things:

1. The name Lucky's owner calls him in the 21st Century version of Pound Puppies
  2. The year in which the TV show mentioned was first broadcast in North America

This may sound very strange for a Streets of Rage forum but I think it's a cute name.

Hehe... welcome there, fluffy thing. :3

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:58 am

I'm a Oracle database administrator. It's boring I know, 2am and I'm trying to figure out this ORA-02290 error  Sad

NOOOO  Evil or Very Mad The truth is... after creating several Matrix stages for my Battle for Rio mods, I just wanted to be the great Oracle a little bit

How did you come up with your username? 3QdzlLf

Ok, now I'm serious.  Basketball  Here is the truth: I'm a big fan of Barbara Gordon in the Birds of Prey comics. Oracle happens to be her alias. There is a character in my (unfinished) mod Rudra 2029 inspired by her. And this is it, now let me go back to my SQL injection
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum