SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

+2
Don Vecta
Cm_Blast
6 posters

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Empty Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

It’s time to rise from your grave and play this new mod: a full adaptation of the five stages from the Altered Beast arcade transformed into a more classic Streets of Rage style. This mod has nothing to do with the experiment I did back in time, but I though that (at least) a simple mod could be done with the original arcade, so here it is.

The scenarios have been modified to fit a more classic gameplay, so there is more room to move up and down than in the original scenarios meawhile foreground layers do not block the vision to the player.

Features:
- Five long scenarios full of enemies to fight.
- Enemies based on the original game.
- Custom enemy placement and health.
- Kill the white Cerberus so you can increase your power… I mean, getting food.
- The white Cerberus will drop double the food if there is a second player.
- Final bosses accompanied with some of their minions.
- You finally can rise for your grave.
- Borrowed some sprites from the Megadrive version.
- Over 30 minutes of a hard game for everyone.
- Running is mandatory due pits in mission 3.
- Recommended the Sor3 way to fall on pits, so you don’t die 1 life each time you fall into a pit.
- A very good well deserved ending.

It’s suggested to walk while advancing: kicking the white Cerberus to make them drop the food it’s going to be a difficult task in later levels.

Mission 3 is going to be painful due the way the Cerberus/Bikers behave. I place an extra life to compensate a bit. Full Stage Clears will guarantee score enough to get some more lives, but you can expect to die like any Arcade game.

Screenshots:
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera14Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera15
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera17Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera16

Video: (Just a small trailer of gameplay. Don't expect to transform into a mithological beast or something What a Face).

Download this mod:
https://mega.nz/file/Gu4gWZKL#qfoXYHtd2fiE5IOsUmYUjsH2z2VevDFsoADy4gk1xeY

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm; edited 8 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am

New mod, hell yeah!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade

Post  Puzirkov Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

Cm_Blast wrote:It’s time to rise from your grave and play this new mod: a full adaptation of the five stages from the Altered Beast arcade transformed into a more classic Streets of Rage style. This mod has nothing to do with the experiment I did back in time, but I though that (at least) a simple mod could be done with the original arcade, so here it is.

The scenarios have been modified to fit a more classic gameplay, so there is more room to move up and down than in the original scenarios meawhile foreground layers do not block the vision to the player.

Features:
- Five long scenarios full of enemies to fight.
- Enemies based on the original game.
- Custom enemy placement and health.
- Kill the white Cerberus so you can increase your power… I mean, getting food.
- The white Cerberus will drop double the food if there is a second player.
- Final bosses accompanied with some of their minions.
- You finally can rise for your grave.
- Borrowed some sprites from the Megadrive version.
- Over 30 minutes of a hard game for everyone.
- Running is mandatory due pits in mission 3.
- Recommended the Sor3 way to fall on pits, so you don’t die 1 life each time you fall into a pit.
- A very good well deserved ending.

It’s suggested to walk while advancing: kicking the white Cerberus to make them drop the food it’s going to be a difficult task in later levels.

Mission 3 is going to be painful due the way the Cerberus/Bikers behave. I place an extra life to compensate a bit. Full Stage Clears will guarantee score enough to get some more lives, but you can expect to die like any Arcade game.

Screenshots:
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera14Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera15
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera17Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altera16

Video: (Just a small trailer of gameplay. Don't expect to transform into a mithological beast or something What a Face).

4share:
https://www.4shared.com/folder/0k6UPaGe/Mods_Sorr.html (this is the main general folder, search for "Sor Remake - ABA (5.1)".

Onedrive:
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj (same as above).

SUPER!!!
Puzirkov
Puzirkov
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

Whooo! It looks very good, with so many gifts, and ameliorated backgrounds! You never stop!
Have to play it very quickly...
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 pm

vince wrote:Whooo! It looks very good, with so many gifts, and ameliorated backgrounds! You never stop!
Have to play it very quickly...

The curious thing, the layers in the megadrive version runs at different speed. Foreground moves faster and the background slower, but in the arcade all move at the same pace.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Just finished it, and soooo nice! The first Altered Beast was good, this one is excellent. The backgrounds are better, thare are breakable items, cutscenes, palettes color and names, more customized musics, and very well done enemies placement (the bike/dogs with food are very frustrating when we miss them, but that's the game).
I thought you will do a bonus scene, I don't know, something a little less serious about Altered Beast included in the mod, but not important.
Besides, I miss your jpg with original game/palettes mod comparison for this one, as you did for Cadillac & Dinosaurs and many other mods. Smile
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm

vince wrote:Just finished it, and soooo nice! The first Altered Beast was good, this one is excellent. The backgrounds are better, thare are breakable items, cutscenes, palettes color and names, more customized musics, and very well done enemies placement (the bike/dogs with food are very frustrating when we miss them, but that's the game).
I thought you will do a bonus scene, I don't know, something a little less serious about Altered Beast included in the mod, but not important.
Besides, I miss your jpg with original game/palettes mod comparison for this one, as you did for Cadillac & Dinosaurs and many other mods. Smile

Thanks, I wish I could use the original items from the arcade. There is some rocks in the third stage and a grave "Alex", which is the soldier that die at the beggining in the Golden Axe game.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 am

Besides, during the cristal ball cutscene, there is a strange buble effect on the image, for each cutscene. It is intended or is it a bug?
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:34 pm

vince wrote:Besides, during the cristal ball cutscene, there is a strange buble effect on the image, for each cutscene. It is intended or is it a bug?

Intended Razz.

I couldn't get the original bubble, so I recreated myself one as similar as possible.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:07 am

The problem is not the bubble effect, the problem is that the effect doesn't have the good size (see the bubble on the beak of the bird):
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade WesHB84
Maybe because I play fullscreen, but the result is ugly.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm

So, finally got to play this mod and I must say I really love it.

It is a tough one, though, especially with the way the food gets served (by bikers), but overall is a wonderful experience.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 pm

vince wrote:The problem is not the bubble effect, the problem is that the effect doesn't have the good size (see the bubble on the beak of the bird):
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade WesHB84
Maybe because I play fullscreen, but the result is ugly.

The size and the position it's almost the same as the original arcade game, check this screen from a youtube video, so you can compare.
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Altere12

Vecta wrote:It is a tough one, though, especially with the way the food gets served (by bikers), but overall is a wonderful experience.

Thanks, It's like the original game: hard to get the power ups because sometimes the cerberus don't show themselves first, they just enter jumping around.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Altered Beast Arcade Empty Thanks dude! :D

Post  The_Silence_Pz_Br Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot man! I'm gonna play with my brother, it'll be fun! Very Happy
The_Silence_Pz_Br
The_Silence_Pz_Br
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Woah, Altered Beast. I don't like the original version though, but playing it on your MOD is a different story Very Happy

Actually, before playing it, I got a bad feeling about any mistakes, especially those Bikers. Finding a mistake here is not an easy task unlike another MOD since they are passing by just once and there are a lot of them. To make it worse, they are not always appear alone, sometimes they come in pairs (or even more), come in different path at the same time which impossible to kill them all, and the most annoying part is if they come with another type of enemies that knock you down and make those bikers escape easily.

For now, I found 1 Brown Biker with name Orthrus on stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and if I'm not mistaken, there is a Brown Cerberus which dropped a food on stage 4 (you said if we could get a food only if killing White Cerberus, right?)

That's all I know. It's possible if there are another mistakes I haven't found yet due to their numbers and of course their speed. Damn, they are so fast @_@
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Persephone wrote:Woah, Altered Beast. I don't like the original version though, but playing it on your MOD is a different story Very Happy

Actually, before playing it, I got a bad feeling about any mistakes, especially those Bikers. Finding a mistake here is not an easy task unlike another MOD since they are passing by just once and there are a lot of them. To make it worse, they are not always appear alone, sometimes they come in pairs (or even more), come in different path at the same time which impossible to kill them all, and the most annoying part is if they come with another type of enemies that knock you down and make those bikers escape easily.

For now, I found 1 Brown Biker with name Orthrus on stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and if I'm not mistaken, there is a Brown Cerberus which dropped a food on stage 4 (you said if we could get a food only if killing White Cerberus, right?)

That's all I know. It's possible if there are another mistakes I haven't found yet due to their numbers and of course their speed. Damn, they are so fast @_@

I made that on purpose. On the first stage the first Orthus it's on repeat, so the player it's forced to kill and learn how that one gives you food (on the original game the first Orthus remains still, without moving); After this one the game keeps throwing bikers spreaded, 1 by 1; on later stages, they appear on pairs or even 3 toghether and, finally, they start appearing with the other enemies.

This also happens on the original game, becoming fustrating to hit those jumping "medusa-pattern" enemies; it's even worse when sometimes they wait from 2 to 5 seconds before starting jumping (or they already enter jumping) making them less predictable (hard to know when to use your kicks); they are really really fustrating.

At least on the arcade version; They weren't as bad on the megadrive version or even the msdos version (which, by the way, it's an awesome port).

I remember I was thinking "3 white bikers droping food per section seems too much" but after playing I was "oook, they are not as easy to hit as I expected" so I just left a total of 9 droping food enemies (but of course, it's not expected to hit all).

I found those 3 brown with white colour name; Fixed.
About the one in the 4 stage there isn't any brown dropping food. There are 3 waves where a brown and a white comes on the same row with only a few pixels of distance one from the other; maybe you were running and they appeared together or something like that.

But anyway; I didn't see anything wrong on the stage 4 and the other three have been fixed.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks for fixing it. And yeah, I didn't found any Cerberus dropping a food. Maybe they appear along with Orthrus at the same time and I didn't notice it.

However, as I said above, it's possible if there another Cerberus / Orthrus with wrong names / palettes due to their numbers and their speed.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down