SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favourite mods and why?

+11
Rain
Phoenix Wings
Persephone
Red Jack
Shivarules656
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
DarkThief
88fighter
Benny26
Security
RyeRaze
15 posters

Go down

What are your favourite mods and why? Empty What are your favourite mods and why?

Post  RyeRaze Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 pm

I guess a post like this should be fine. Let's recomend some mods out of your favourites, especially for newbies. Keep in mind, the objetive of this post is to share your PERSONAL view, not to diminish nor discourage mod creators. Without further ado, here are mine in no particular order:

-H.U.N.T.E.R. Very solid mod, great plot, excelent stage design. Mods don't get much better than this, imo.
-At The Movies. This is a very well done mod overall, but it's very brilliance lies in the "Warriors" stages. It perfectly captured the mood of the movie. But the whole concept of the mod is great.
- Adam's Extended Story. If you were like me, and wondered what the hell was Adam doing in the meantime, this is for you. Though it's given a non-official story for Adam (as far as Sega is concerned), it doesn't need it; that's how good this mod is. Plus: it Rick-Rolls the player.
-Way Of The Warrior. Probably the most technically impressive mod EVER. Unlockables, nice plot, great graphics, excellent music- if this mod was a man I would turn gay. My personal fave, no doubt.
-CajNatalie's SOR1, SOR2, SOR3 - Maybe my nostalgia glasses are on, but how can you not show love for the originals?

At the moment I can't think of more mods (though there definetly are other mods that are as great), but I'm just curious about yours. Post away! Cool

Galsia

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite mods and why? Empty Re: What are your favourite mods and why?

Post  Security Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

Way of the Warrior. An excellent mod, personal favorite, hands down. 4 different routes, interesting scenario, nice music selection and great stage design! Can't have enough of it!

Everything from CajNatalie! This prodigious modder created masterpieces beyond compare! I enjoyed "Golden Rage v2" a lot, since i am an old Golden Axe junkie (was playing it in the arcades, even)! Then, her Sor 1 collection, Sor 2 collection and Ultimate Streets of Rage 3, are a tribute to the original games, an attempt to "emulate" them more faithfully than the normal game does, but they are full of twists, renovations and obviously, traps (this cat is dangerous!)!

25th birthday mod, the winter/christmas mod and evil city (was it)? From Mr. Hedgehog Russia-guy... Great music selection and very well made mods, some of them slightly funny...

HUNTER game of the year mod and the Story of Adam are great, top quality choices. HUNTER is quite hard (i always play mania, so this is saying something), you must always be on edge while playing it... And other mods from the same people are good, such as "To the Movies", but i have played many and i don't remember names well.

Some old platforms made into SORR mods are good, too, such as those from Alien VS Predator, TNMT, King of Dragons, Warriors of Fate, Knights of the Round, Power Rangers... Some of them, from the same modder, have wrong links and i had played their older versions, so i can't guarantee anything about their newer version, or the "for 5.1" version...

The battle for Rio 1 and 2 have a special spot in my gamer's heart. They are great, very well worked...

Some "strange" ones, that don't have a solid/proper story, but are of the variety "throw a multitude of bunch of enemies in your face constantly and that's that", can be a little bit fun... Such as the Battle for the Freemasons and The Godfather. Guy who made them has some other ones too, i think.

And there are new(er) ones coming! People get more and more creative here, by the day! That Konami Vendetta something was also, quite interesting!

That's all i have played and can guarantee! You can't go wrong with any!
Security
Security
Fog

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite mods and why? Empty Re: What are your favourite mods and why?

Post  Benny26 Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Way of the Warrior always stays with me as one of the first that really nailed it as a mod. I've played it a bunch of times over the years.

V4 Remake with Rudra's story is one of my personal favs too. Really well put together and also adding story for a then a rather under-explained character in V5.

There's quite a few other big ones i go back to also.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite mods and why? Empty )

Post  88fighter Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Security wrote:Way of the Warrior. An excellent mod, personal favorite, hands down. 4 different routes, interesting scenario, nice music selection and great stage design! Can't have enough of it!

Everything from CajNatalie! This prodigious modder created masterpieces beyond compare! I enjoyed "Golden Rage v2" a lot, since i am an old Golden Axe junkie (was playing it in the arcades, even)! Then, her Sor 1 collection, Sor 2 collection and Ultimate Streets of Rage 3, are a tribute to the original games, an attempt to "emulate" them more faithfully than the normal game does, but they are full of twists, renovations and obviously, traps (this cat is dangerous!)!

25th birthday mod, the winter/christmas mod and evil city (was it)? From Mr. Hedgehog Russia-guy... Great music selection and very well made mods, some of them slightly funny...

HUNTER game of the year mod and the Story of Adam are great, top quality choices. HUNTER is quite hard (i always play mania, so this is saying something), you must always be on edge while playing it... And other mods from the same people are good, such as "To the Movies", but i have played many and i don't remember names well.

Some old platforms made into SORR mods are good, too, such as those from Alien VS Predator, TNMT, King of Dragons, Warriors of Fate, Knights of the Round, Power Rangers... Some of them, from the same modder, have wrong links and i had played their older versions, so i can't guarantee anything about their newer version, or the "for 5.1" version...

The battle for Rio 1 and 2 have a special spot in my gamer's heart. They are great, very well worked...

Some "strange" ones, that don't have a solid/proper story, but are of the variety "throw a multitude of bunch of enemies in your face constantly and that's that", can be a little bit fun... Such as the Battle for the Freemasons and The Godfather. Guy who made them has some other ones too, i think.

And there are new(er) ones coming! People get more and more creative here, by the day! That Konami Vendetta something was also, quite interesting!

That's all i have played and can guarantee! You can't go wrong with any!
You liked Evil City ? I present to you second episode https://yadi.sk/d/gc1GY-HXvp8Sj and fix for him https://yadi.sk/d/2xC2EL5_vxoVt
88fighter
88fighter
Galsia

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:27 pm

88fighter wrote:You liked Evil City ? I present to you second episode https://yadi.sk/d/gc1GY-HXvp8Sj and fix for him https://yadi.sk/d/2xC2EL5_vxoVt

I think Evil City 1 & 2 need their own thread, more people would see it then.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 pm

My favorite mods are shown on this list:
Streets of Rage Megamix
At the Movies - Director's Cut
Prototype
(including enhanced version)
A Syndicate Story
Final Rage Trilogy
CelestinX's Survival Packs
Prison in the World of Video Games
H.U.N.T.E.R.
Rescue Metro City
Streets of Rage originals
(all three original games individually ported for SoRR)
V4 Remake

The reason why I like those mods are some of them were great and others were not that good; perhaps that Rescue Metro City is just a fan-made cross-over story based in the Final Fight universe with SoR characters (it had some of the music being copied from SoR Remake and mixed in with those from Final Fight).

The other one in which you can go through different video games from other platforms is one big adventure (i.e. Prison in the World of Video Games). I did not see why the Master System games were not featured in that mod, but I found it hard to complete it in one go without suspending (unless you upgraded from v5.0 of course).

The Prototype mod is just a starter project, which is used to demonstrate how the SorMaker feature works. Why would anyone bother having that mod in their collection?

H.U.N.T.E.R. is pretty straight-forward, but it just sends you back to the start every time you complete a mission. I liked that quite a lot, even the music was beautiful.

The rest of the mods on that list are alright but no particular reason why I liked them.
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivarules656 Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm

My favorite Mods are
SOR1 Collection, Death Shiva, Shiva Revenge, Dark of The Moon, D.O.A., Rise of the Dark Dragon and Sailor Moon Pretty Soldiers.

Shivarules656
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Jack Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 pm

I like the mods that offer something new and different.
Streets of Rage Hydra offers some clever new stages based on maps that already exist.
Battle For Rio was just incredible.
Surprisingly, the openbor mods haven't exactly been delivering as much. You'd think with the expanded potential for creativity, there would be some blinders.
Antyguf has shown some potential with his zombie version. However, he ruins it a lot by implementing his political views and a lot of the edits look like microsoft paint fun.

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:26 pm

My favourite SORR MOD are which based on another games. Most of them were created by cm_blast

Here is my favourite MOD :

Alien VS Predator
Knights of the Round
The King of Dragons
The Punisher
Cadillac and Dinosaurs
Night Slasher
Warriors of Fate
Captain Commando
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Spiderman Maximum Carnage
Burning Fight

Those were beat em up games which modified to SORR. Meanwhile, there are some non beat em up games which converted to SORR and I like it such as :

Sonic
SOR at the Movies (Sunset Riders)
Terminator
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wings Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 pm

My top 3:
1st favourite mod is Never Back Down, I think is the best for gameplay, story, and music.
2nd favourite mod is Ultimate 1.1 DV2, probably the best for graphics.
3rd favourite mod is Sor4 Rage in Time, a very nice mod.

Other great mods are in order Hunter Moty, Rescue Metro City, Golden Rage, Way of the Warrior, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
Phoenix Wings
Phoenix Wings
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Number 1 is never back down I love the stages and mucic
Rain
Rain
Electra

Yellow Bar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:19 pm

For me, probably Gangs Of Fury by Zarzak. Great background/stage choices, good progression, enemy placements aren't too obnoxious on lower difficulties, and it has some pretty interesting music choices.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:07 pm

My ten favorite mods  What are your favourite mods and why? 1f499 :

• H.U.N.T.E.R MotY
  • Brutal Justice v1.0
  • SoR3 - Adam's Story Extended
  • DC Infiltrators
  • Rescue Metro City
  • Additional Rage v1.1
  • SoR1 Collection for V5 Vecta
  • Never Back Down
  • Streets of Rage V - demo
  • Way of the Warrior
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/@danchavyn?si=HXNCaAKfW3Tt4Azb

Don Vecta, SORDave, Puzirkov and Herb1e like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MARTIN98 Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:26 am

The Hydra (Hard Type)
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

Don Vecta and nikolya0602 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maria Lourenço Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:25 pm

My favorite sormaker mods:

SOR 3: Adam story extended

SOR 2 Collection mod

SOR 1 Collection mod

SOR 3 Ultimate Mod

V4 Remake and Rudra Story

H.U.N.T.E.R. MOTY

Way of the Warrior

SOR 4: Turtles in Time

SOR Gangs of Fury
Maria Lourenço
Maria Lourenço
Galsia

Don Vecta, oracle, Puzirkov and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down