SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

+78
TiripsRoirraw
Nightmare_Snake_
Hansuke
ViDi
Puzirkov
mrxskull
SpideyKeiiti
deisha_max
Late goodbye
DeXsTeR
SketchTurner
Spooniest
Maria Lourenço
Rageplay
Iceferno
Jonny1989
JamesLee
RyeRaze
wriggle
Hedgehog45
KOManiacJim
Glisp
vince
TheWolfe
Kormann
SORFan1516
Break
Xillatem
Groovemaster303
cabo-hicks
Shyning77
HeroBorn
Masta Killa
hidralisco
El Gambito
RotaEA
KFCutman
Shiva
Creativeman
iceweb38
Magnus Blade
Shadow Fist King
MangoRyu28
Tarma
SoRFanatic
maruf1000
The Four Seven
BigDarsh
Arcane
DarkValentine
the_master1124
NeoVamp
DamianD
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
Rapha.7
Zarzak
house
Cosmo
Mr. Sunset
Shyning
Xenovant
Matt D
Emthree
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Mr.Din
badjab326
William Assunção
Charco
rjbetty
Don Vecta
Laucorn
Ricky
Benny26
Saven
82 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 9 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:16 pm

We're all Shyning and Shyning is all of us.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 9 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  BigDarsh Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Shyning wrote:I don't agree with everything Charlie Hebdo does, and I don't find everything funny, but as citizens of democratic countries, we should be able to talk about and criticize everything without being killed.
Same here, Charlie hebdo wasn't my cup of tea (very few analysis compare to "le canard enchaîné") but yeah, democratie must survive and it is funded with freedom of speaking.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Je suis Charco.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

ViDi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Charco wrote:Je suis Charco.
Nice one lol!

I've found another nice Google-translated French post from my other self at S O R online :

<< Que diriez-vous d'un forum français?

Razz Je plaisante. Je pense que je serais le seul ici à utiliser une telle chose. >>

Very nice, isn't it ? Laughing Hard Do you think I speak in my own native language like during the 19th century ? Laughing

OK, next.

Do some of you guys still use the chat here on some occasions ?

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:14 pm

About time I realized there was a chat it seemed everyone was done using it lol.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 pm

I always found that aspect of the Shyning imposter not the least bit worthy of suspicion, it was just downright hillarious. LOL!! Nice to hear that aspect of Shymposter being broken down by someone who actually speaks the language. It feels like that guy is really being put in his place.

Imagine if i tried to be someone that hasn't been here in a while, like DangardBelmont, and started posting my phrase of the day in broken latin american spanish after posting contrived insincere BS in english. Laughing

But yeah, it is nice to have you back, and nice to know you are alive and doing well. I've been wondering when you'd turn up. Very Happy
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Cosmo wrote:I always found that aspect of the Shyning imposter not the least bit worthy of suspicion, it was just downright hillarious. LOL!! Nice to hear that aspect of Shymposter being broken down by someone who actually speaks the language. It feels like that guy is really being put in his place.

Imagine if i tried to be someone that hasn't been here in a while, like DangardBelmont, and started posting my phrase of the day in broken latin american spanish after posting contrived insincere BS in english. Laughing

But yeah, it is nice to have you back, and nice to know you are alive and doing well. I've been wondering when you'd turn up. Very Happy
one would think, impersonating someone else with a language you don't understand is pretty silly. Wonder what happened to good ol' dangard.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Cosmo wrote:But yeah, it is nice to have you back, and nice to know you are alive and doing well.
Thanks again, Cosmo Wink

Mr.Din wrote:one would think, impersonating someone else with a language you don't understand is pretty silly.
The overuse of French in English boards was a bit over the top too, to say the least...

Mr.Din wrote:Wonder what happened to good ol' dangard.
Yep, me too.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:34 pm

but you are not charlie!... you are shining... Twisted Evil  LOL

anyway, the shining from sor--net was the fake. Wink Rolling Eyes

wellcome back shining. loooong time no see you! Razz.
well, i think that you have lots of sor hacks or sorr mods now for play pal...  Smile

about "je suis charlie"... im sick of hear about those FUCK assasins...  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

i really wish that those rebels groups hidden beetwhen them (as the "white mortars" resistance), could kill the many possibles of those terrorist scum. or that someone will do something. the sooned the better!.  :&gt;:

cause is a very dangerous situation. is not only france... is the entire world on risk pal!.
never a terrorist group has conquered a entire region without a gouverment...

and about the mahoma draws... i dont read they, but i must say that if we know that those are mad terrorist and very dangerous, they should not draw those pictures just for avoid any problems...!
because those that dont think like they are their enemies, and is dangerous.

anyway, i must admit that i love how the entire france country was going to the streets to manifest. Smile

Last edited by cabo-hicks on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah no politics here please.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I won't discuss politics here indeed, since I know where it leads to every time, and even if I have many things to say about that subject...

cabo-hicks wrote:anyway, the shining from sor--net was the fake. Wink Rolling Eyes

well, i think that you have lots of sor hacks or sorr mods now for play pal...  Smile
Thanks for the welcome back, dude Wink Yeah, far too many of them to play now affraid If only I could try a couple of them, that would be a good start I guess.

You know I've always appreciated your searches and experiments in SOR hacking. Hacking started with only subtle changes. Now, there are hacks with all enemies playable or with new playable characters. It's quite impressive what is feasible now Shocked

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Shyning77 wrote:I won't discuss politics here indeed, since I know where it leads to every time, and even if I have many things to say about that subject...

cabo-hicks wrote:anyway, the shining from sor--net was the fake. Wink Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the welcome back, dude Wink Yeah, far too many of them to play now affraid If only I could try a couple of them, that would be a good start I guess.

You know I've always appreciated your searches and experiments in SOR hacking. Hacking started with only subtle changes. Now, there are hacks with all enemies playable or with new playable characters. It's quite impressive what is feasible now Shocked
Adam hack is God tier. I'm also happy to see the hacking community grow, something I wanted to see since I signed up at sonic retro.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Sorry for bringing that up, but I just couldn't keep it for myself any longer.

I noticed that two messages were also posted here by a "Shyning" account circa january 2013 : one in this topic...
Shyning wrote:Hi everyone, I know it's been a while but I thought I should register in the new forum. Reports of my death are greatly exagerrated Wink I watched the recent happenings, drawn in by the recent video showing Yuzo Koshiro DJing in the US. It is a shame about the old SORR community, but let it live on for much longer here. My morale is better nowadays. C'est bon d'être de retour! Je peux avoir plus d'une présence ici à partir de maintenant.
...and another in the "Avatar & Sig" topic.
Shyning wrote:I'm still using my old SOR3-digitized avatar. I haven't really changed much (a little older, perhaps, but we won't mention that) Wink

As many of you had guessed, I'm NOT the author of these two messages. Whoever created that "Shyning" account and posted these messages was an impostor, the same as the one at S O R online, obviously.

A couple of days after I discussed here about the imposture at S O R online, its forum got closed by Eidolon aka Matt D, giving personal issues, lack of time and bad behaviour in the forum as excuses. Given the track record (similar cases happened in the past, from what I read), I don't think the moment of that forum closure is a coincidence.

I don't expect the impostor to apologize for what he did. Hopefully, no harm was done to me nor to anyone while using those "Shyning" accounts. And I really think no harm was intended. That said, using someone else's identity is a really bad move, whether it's for trying to bring more forum members back or only for adding some more hype.

Sorry everyone, I haven't come back here for talking about that kind of stuff (in fact, it's Iceweb who brought me back here, sorta), but I had to clear that up once and for all.

For your information, Charco deleted the two incriminated messages on my request.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Shyning77 wrote:Sorry for bringing that up, but I just couldn't keep it for myself any longer.

I noticed that two messages were also posted here by a "Shyning" account circa january 2013 : one in this topic...
Shyning wrote:Hi everyone, I know it's been a while but I thought I should register in the new forum. Reports of my death are greatly exagerrated Wink I watched the recent happenings, drawn in by the recent video showing Yuzo Koshiro DJing in the US. It is a shame about the old SORR community, but let it live on for much longer here. My morale is better nowadays. C'est bon d'être de retour! Je peux avoir plus d'une présence ici à partir de maintenant.
...and another in the "Avatar & Sig" topic.
Shyning wrote:I'm still using my old SOR3-digitized avatar. I haven't really changed much (a little older, perhaps, but we won't mention that) Wink

As many of you had guessed, I'm NOT the author of these two messages. Whoever created that "Shyning" account and posted these messages was an impostor, the same as the one at S O R online, obviously.

A couple of days after I discussed here about the imposture at S O R online, its forum got closed by Eidolon aka Matt D, giving personal issues, lack of time and bad behaviour in the forum as excuses. Given the track record (similar cases happened in the past, from what I read), I don't think the moment of that forum closure is a coincidence.

I don't expect the impostor to apologize for what he did. Hopefully, no harm was done to me nor to anyone while using those "Shyning" accounts. And I really think no harm was intended. That said, using someone else's identity is a really bad move, whether it's for trying to bring more forum members back or only for adding some more hype.

Sorry everyone, I haven't come back here for talking about that kind of stuff (in fact, it's Iceweb who brought me back here, sorta), but I had to clear that up once and for all.

For your information, Charco deleted the two incriminated messages on my request.
To be frank, being a mod of the forums as well as being caught up in a lot of the bs in that forum I can pretty much tell you it was Eidolon, he also impersonated JonnyH. He did this as a means to "steal members" and make his take over of SoR Online seem more legit, though this was during the time of a stupid unnecessary flame war unrelated to the SoRR/BG community. I would've said something about it long ago but other than suspicion I didn't really have any proof, not to mention no real harm was done with said accounts. He basically closed the forum to cover his tracks and I highly doubt he'll apologize, it's lame but as I said this isn't the first time he's taken a dramatic turn to being caught doing something. I didn't know about the other posts made here though, I actually thought there wasn't an account of yours here which was another red flag for me.

It's a shame really, the boards did have a lot of cool stuff from the members but not much can be done at this point but move on.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

If I can allow myself, not a single bit of what both of you said surprised me and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

That's among the many reasons why we decided not to affiliate with the website anymore because when you see things that have happened before, that you're being told that it won't happen again and it will get better and then you end up finding out even more lame moves like these, you can't exactly expect to be trusted, no matter what you'll do afterwards to fix things or make it look like you're improving.

I know it ws hard to understand our refusal at first but anyway, it's good that these things got cleared up. (and also lame in some senses that some people can't grow up and actually try to recognize their fault but oh well)
It's just a shame you always have to get nasty ones in every community no matter their size.

Also...
Shyning77 wrote:
Charco wrote:Je suis Charco.
Nice one lol!

Agreed Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:35 pm

iceweb38 wrote:If I can allow myself, not a single bit of what both of you said surprised me and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

That's among the many reasons why we decided not to affiliate with the website anymore because when you see things that have happened before, that you're being told that it won't happen again and it will get better and then you end up finding out even more lame moves like these, you can't exactly expect to be trusted, no matter what you'll do afterwards to fix things or make it look like you're improving.

I know it ws hard to understand our refusal at first but anyway, it's good that these things got cleared up. (and also lame in some senses that some people can't grow up and actually try to recognize their fault but oh well)
It's just a shame you always have to get nasty ones in every community no matter their size.

Also...
This to me is an example of a few ruining things for many. unfortunately the few are the ones running (or were running in RedRum's case) the site. outside of that small group of like 2-3 people the community is actually pretty cool, one of the reasons I stuck around. If Eidolon cared that much for the community rather than his ego we'd probably be in a better standing, tried reasoning with the guy even after all the drama he simply cannot thrive unless people are praising him or some drama is going on.

I never saw the reason to be competitive in the first place, SoR isn't some super popular thriving franchise with a million fan sites and communities at most we're probably looking at 3-4 forums, a website and couple of wikis (still impressive for a beat 'em up dormant over 2 decades) but eh, he can keep his toys and throw a tantrum. This shit is old.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 pm

You're right, it's never been a competition, SOR is way too small for a franchise first of all and then, our forum was only focused on the SORR project, though we have an active off topic forum too for things like SOR or other many things. But the Bombergames forum never was a place focused on SoR in general so the notion of competition has always been silly to me.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
It's a shame really, the boards did have a lot of cool stuff from the members but not much can be done at this point but move on.

It really is a shame. *** would've been a great site as far as SOR history and just a site in general to speak about anything SOR related. Unfortunately, it was just ran by someone who has some issues of his own and has some kind of obsession with being king over everybody. And like Ice said, there are just too many red flags with the guy, starting all the way back with the novel plagarism. It's kinda hard to believe things are going to get better when they really don't and start pulling some shady shit like pretending to by JohnnyH and Shyning or holding some hatred against B over something that he wasn't even apart of (a forum member that doesn't even come here anymore and wasn't even a regular member was the one who gave proof of all that actually). Not going to get started with his friendship with RedRum.

Shame really, he could've done good by updating the old *** site which went defunct a long time ago. But stupid personal issues with this site and trying to make it all about himself is why a lot of people here never went over there. He was just too alienating and too many red flags.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:51 pm

That time Red Rum was an admin probably had to have been the WORST time for the community. Nobody was on board for that crap except a select few kiss asses. I think it would've been better if Mister X Neo/Laucorn were in charge of the forums, he always had a pretty cool head as an admin over there. Eidolon's decent at keeping the main site fresh and together, I'll give him that much credit but he's being too much of a diva to run a forum.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:22 am

Okay,  I was hoping I wouldn’t have to post here in response to any of this, but clearly that isn’t going to fly. So here goes. This might be a long post so I apologize in advance.
I’m not going to defend myself from any of this. I pretty much deserve it. I’m done with being ‘Eidolon’, ‘Matt D’, ‘bittermd’ or any other bullshit internet handle I’ve used over the years. I speak to you now as the person I really am, sitting here at my laptop.

I will say it now: I have been an idiot, and asshole, a loser, a pretentious fuckwit and whatever other adjective you might want to add, over the past several years. Where shall we begin? I guess it all started when I wrote ‘Streets of Rage: The Novel’ between the ages of 13-15. I was a kid with no writing experience. I used (yes, plagiarized) entire chapters from existing works such as Jurassic Park, because at the time, it was just some fanwank I was doing in ink pen on writing paper for my own benefit with no view to getting it read by anyone else. Blaze getting raped was a wank fantasy. Yeah. But anyway, by the time I was 17, I met Jonny Hughson on the alt.sega.genesis usenet group when he was putting together a ‘Streets of Rage website’. He was looking for stuff to add. By this point, I had ‘typed up’ my shitty fanfiction (because after a couple of years, the ink was fading on the original pages and I wanted to keep the story), and I decided to try my luck and sent it to him to add on his site. Lucky for me, a geeky 17-year old loser whose parents had just got divorced and all his school ‘friends’ were bullying him, Jonny Hughson was gracious enough to add the ‘novel’ to his site, Streets of Rage Online.

I was fucking stoked. This ‘novel’ I had written was now on the internet! Back in those days, it made me feel famous, in a sad, no-one-else-really-gives-a-shit-but-damn-it-makes-me-forget-all-the-other-shit-going-on-in-my-life kind of way, so yeah. I knew it contained plagiarized scenes, but I didn’t really care. Again, I was a 17 year old naïve idiot.

So anyway, fast forward to 2005. I was 23 by now, and fiercely addicted to drugs. Smoking marijuana, eating magic mushrooms and ecstasy pills in clubs. I was fucking myself up big time. I was fucked up in the head, with father issues, friend issues you name it. During this time I decided to write a sequel to the SOR novel, called ‘Project Y’, something I had been wanting to do for a while, but didn’t feel like I had the real writing talent to do until that point. Yes, I know, ‘talent’. But I was still pathetically young and naïve, and had a lot to learn at this point. So I got to work on that story, and the third one, “The New Syndicate”. When I was done, I sent them to Jonny Hughson in the hope that he would add them to his site alongside the original one.

He never replied, and he never updated his website again. This was at the time of his famous ‘disappearance’ from the community. So, at this point I wanted to get the stories out there, and had some limited experience at school using Microsoft Frontpage to design websites. So, I decided to make my own website to get the novels out there, using the name “Streets of Rage Expanded Universe”, after the Star Wars Expanded Universe. (Though I’m sure most of you figured that out. If not google it).
So yeah. “My” website started as a vehicle for my crappy novels. And let’s face it – the website was utter shit. Frontpage designed, filled with bullshit about the novels that very little people actually cared about because they were absolute fanwank car crash material. My writing skill had improved somewhat in the sequels but they did little to improve the plagiarizing original. But I was convinced I was doing a great thing. Slowly the site would grow to include more stuff about the games, largely using stuff ripped from Jonny’s site. A forum was born from the death of the original ezboard forum on SOR Online, and I enjoyed running it because I felt like I was actually making friends on there when in real life I didn’t really have any. People like Mystery XIII, Cosmo, Mister X Neo (Laucorn), Streets Man, I can call friends from the beginning. I will admit, running the forum felt cool. But I still had a lot to learn.

At some point I used phantom troll accounts, “Harlequin”, “BlazeStone” and possibly others I can’t remember, in an effort to ‘encourage more activity’ during quiet times. Stupid, I know. I thought that by creating the illusion that these ‘people’ were posting (and in Harlequin’s case, actually taking over the running of the site) it really would look like the forum was more active and people would feel more inclined to sign up. How sad, looking back, but anyway.

Yeah. Eventually Jonny’s SOR Online site got taken down by Gamespy (or whoever the fuck was hosting it at that point), and I decided fuck it, why not just take that shit and revamp it, update it etc, because fuck me that site deserved to be preserved and brought back, and if Jonny Hughson wasn’t going to do it, then why shouldn’t I? I know. It wasn’t even my site. But as you all know, at this point I was adept at taking shit that didn’t belong to me and using it however I saw fit. Maybe that’s unfair. Maybe it’s not. All I know is I wanted to get rid of my shitty Frontpage site which was riddled with bugs and broken images/links, and reverse engineer this awesome site that had stood the test of time despite being dormant for a number of years. At the same time I was writing additional SOR novels. All the while the site was still considered by me as a ‘vehicle’ for those novels.

Shit was going on in the background. I stopped taking drugs. I got married, had kids. Wrote the last few SOR novels, (had to kill Blaze to finally stop writing them), and yeah, made friends with Red Rum who I had met on YouTube when he posted a video of his ‘work in progress’ SOR fangame Bare Knuckle IV (which turned out to be BS, but that’s another story). Not going to lie. I didn’t have any real life friends. I was a depressed loser for the most part. Red Rum was someone I could turn to. We chatted a lot on MSN. Maybe those chats poisoned my still-impressionable mind at that point. Whatever.
Eventually my skill at web sites had grown to an extent where I could actually completely recode Jonny’s original site so it would work with Firefox etc. I went all out to make the site visually appealing and give it the look it still has today. Instead of taking the credit for this, I decided it would be a better idea to pose as ‘Jonny H’, and pretend that he had come back to the community to give the newer site his ‘blessing’ so that it could be considered an official continuation of his original legacy (and in a perverted way, give me some justification for what I was doing).

This also came at the time of a ‘forum war’ with BA. I want to apologize to Mr.Din, Cosmo, and Badjab for the way they were treated at that time. I won’t go into details. We all know what happened. Just know that I am truly sorry for the whole affair, and I am ashamed that any of it happened at all. It was all down to my idiotic knee jerk reactions whenever someone criticized my novels or site or what I was doing, so I took it all down to hide it, temper tantrum, whatever. The truth hurts, they say. Yeah, the ‘rivalry’ I felt at the BG forum was again all down to people criticizing me and me being unable to accept it, or face the truth.

So yeah, anyway. Eventually the site was ‘back’. The whole thing with BA happened also because, even then, I was looking for a way ‘out’ of running the community. Next I tried handing over the reigns to Red Rum. Looking back, this was obviously a TERRIBLE mistake. Probably the worst mistake I ever made for the site. My memory of what exactly happened next is vague, but I remember continuing to update the site after deciding “fuck that” and not signing on the dotted line, essentially.

I continued running the site. It was getting better, and actually improving on the original SOR Online, bringing some cool new content after my novels took more of a back seat. I began to appreciate running the site for what it was, SOR Online, and began to strive to improve it more than ever. Sadly, I still hadn’t learned from my ‘forum impersonation’ experiences. In another attempt to ‘encourage more activity’ during a quiet time, I posed as more fake accounts, most notably “Shyning”, a former moderator from the original ezboard forum who I figured would bring in some more traffic if he were back.

Shyning, I’m sorry for what I did. You’re right, identity fraud is wrong. I SO realize that now. It’s stupid, and sad. I honestly just wish it didn’t take the better part of 10 years and the respect of probably everyone in the community to come to that realization. I have caused you worry, and probably offense. I am truly sorry, you didn’t deserve that at all. Nobody in the community deserved any of this, in fact.

Which is why I made the decision to close the phpbb3 forum on SOR Online the other day. It wasn’t for ego purposes as somebody mentioned in a previous post, or to save face or anything like that. It was simply to protect the community from me. I have decided that “Eidolon” or at least, me, shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near these forums anymore, because clearly I’m not doing the best of jobs with it. Shit, you guys have been saying it for years. I’m so sorry it took me this long to see it. I had to close that forum because I am/was the administrator, the only one with full admin access, and I just couldn’t be a part of it anymore. How could I simply leave the forum when my presence would forever be required as admin? Look, the posts are still on there. Just hidden. There are ways they can be seen or whatever. But for the good of everyone I just had to go.

I like to think I’ve been doing a reasonable job at running the website and the ‘Tweets of Rage’ thing on Twitter over the past year or so. Some pretty high profile people look at the site and follow us. It would be such a shame to close the site down completely (like I stupidly did before, but I’ve learned better now). I know the site is good for the community. I enjoy updating the site. Since doing my crappy Frontpage GNVQ at school in the 90s I’ve had a hobby in web site design/maintenance. Hell, I even did a complete rework of the SOR novels so that they aren’t COMPLETE fanwank. I’ve learned a lot about these things over the years with my experience, and I’m almost 33 now, and happy to keep it going. Just without a forum, without me as a leader or ‘king’ as someone put it. I’m sure people here enjoy the site. It was simply me on forums that caused all the shit and drama over the years. I’m hoping with my recent actions the drama won’t happen again.

This has taken me a long time to write and I’m hoping I’ve covered all the points I wanted to address. Again, I want to apologize to Mr.Din, Cosmo, Badjab, Laucorn, B, hell EVERYONE.
I’m sorry.
I’m a hack. I’ll get lost now, as VampX once told me some time ago.
Matt D
Matt D
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:37 am

I am... speechless. Really, I don't know what to say. Question

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:54 am

heh, I never understood why keeping the forums "active" was that important, it's a fan forum for a game that's been dead 2 decades, even with SoRR, SoR Maker, OBoR and the SoR Hacks it's still a niche game, hell the genre it's hosted by is niche within itself. You're going to have times of dead silence, it happens. I still don't think closing the forum was a viable solution. Regardless the reason, everything was just fine prior to this shyning thing surfacing. You've got mods and even another admin under your helm you don't necessarily HAVE to be that involved in the forum other than fixing something here and there.

The problem is you keep fixing what ain't broke, you're running SoR Online why do you need sock puppets or impersonating older members when the site name justifies itself? Hell, Shyning being back now would've been more exciting for both communities if you didn't worry so much about keeping the boards lively. Nobody had a problem with you taking the mantle of SoRO, if I remember right the community suggested it but too many times you've played that role of everything is on you which isn't even true. Practically everything SoRO has going for it was contributed by the community rather it be as small as that Hi Res city background Avenger made for BA that I submitted or something as huge as Gsaurus' Hacking tools. Taking down the forum is an escape for you but everyone else is missing out because of it.

I'd also like to mention, the whole JonnyH thing pissed me off because during that little forum war you gave me all that grief about a banner and went as far as impersonating him and sending me emails with stuff that was OBVIOUSLY a virus just so you could pretend to have his blessing and "ownership" of anything SoRO related.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:06 am

Mr.Din wrote:heh, I never understood why keeping the forums "active" was that important, it's a fan forum for a game that's been dead 2 decades, even with SoRR, SoR Maker, OBoR and the SoR Hacks it's still a niche game, hell the genre it's hosted by is niche within itself. You're going to have times of dead silence, it happens. I still don't think closing the forum was a viable solution. Regardless the reason, everything was just fine prior to this shyning thing surfacing. You've got mods and even another admin under your helm you don't necessarily HAVE to be that involved in the forum other than fixing something here and there.

The problem is you keep fixing what ain't broke, you're running SoR Online why do you need sock puppets or impersonating older members when the site name justifies itself? Hell, Shyning being back now would've been more exciting for both communities if you didn't worry so much about keeping the boards lively. Nobody had a problem with you taking the mantle of SoRO, if I remember right the community suggested it but too many times you've played that role of everything is on you which isn't even true. Practically everything SoRO has going for it was contributed by the community rather it be as small as that Hi Res city background Avenger made for BA that I submitted or something as huge as Gsaurus' Hacking tools. Taking down the forum is an escape for you but everyone else is missing out because of it.

I'd also like to mention, the whole JonnyH thing pissed me off because during that little forum war you gave me all that grief about a banner and went as far as impersonating him and sending me emails with stuff that was OBVIOUSLY a virus just so you could pretend to have his blessing and "ownership" of anything SoRO related.

I cannot change the past, Mr. Din. If I could, I would. What me and Red Rum concocted back then was despicable. But a lot of time has passed now. I don't want to open old wounds here. I am sorry, though.

The forum could be restored, if the community as a whole would want it. I could always give someone like Laucorn or even you full 'Founder' status and remove my account. I will let you guys make that decision though. As long as I'm not running it, it's fine with me.
Matt D
Matt D
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:13 am

Matt D wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:heh, I never understood why keeping the forums "active" was that important, it's a fan forum for a game that's been dead 2 decades, even with SoRR, SoR Maker, OBoR and the SoR Hacks it's still a niche game, hell the genre it's hosted by is niche within itself. You're going to have times of dead silence, it happens. I still don't think closing the forum was a viable solution. Regardless the reason, everything was just fine prior to this shyning thing surfacing. You've got mods and even another admin under your helm you don't necessarily HAVE to be that involved in the forum other than fixing something here and there.

I cannot change the past, Mr. Din. If I could, I would. What me and Red Rum concocted back then was despicable. But a lot of time has passed now. I don't want to open old wounds here. I am sorry, though.

The forum could be restored, if the community as a whole would want it. I could always give someone like Laucorn or even you full 'Founder' status and remove my account. I will let you guys make that decision though. As long as I'm not running it, it's fine with me.
I'm over it, just clarifying is all.

I say pass it to Laucorn and let him decide from there if he's cool with that. No sense in letting the forums go to waste.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:16 am

Alright I'll run the forum if that's what you like, Matt. I'll do my best for you. I am sorry for all this.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum