SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod.

+9
zakforradio
gravegun
Cm_Blast
oracle
Puzirkov
vince
Security
Zhinkairi
Don Vecta
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Empty Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod.

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 am

Nobody’s innocent.
Justice? It’s an illusion
Uncertainty is the only sure thing…
Uncertainty creates fear, and fear creates money.
Green Harbor… just another urban labyrinth
The El Dorado, full of fear to cash in on.
Gangs rush in to get their hands on that gold.
But those days are over now.
My name is Brad Hawk. I’m a professional.
I do things my way. I answer to no one. 

That’s why the bad guys fear me,
and the good ones loathe me.
That’s who I am.

STORY MODE
*8 Missions in a standard 8 Stages.
*Over 30 different scenes!
*Cutscenes based on the original story.
*Fight the main characters as Bosses or sub-bosses.
*The order of appearance of gangs and bosses differ from the original game.
*Items and food may drop from the enemies.
*Briefing between almost all missions.
*Cutscenes that consist on a single image (text printed into the image) last very long, so the player can read at his own pace (press button to skip when finish).
*Unique difficulty, no more enemies for harder levels. No more enemies for 2 players either, but extra food on screen when playing with a partner.
*Is highly recommended to use Sor3 style of weapon, since in later levels would be tons of weapons to use.

CHALLENGE MODE
*7 New scenes.
*8 Rounds.
*Fight 5 random gang members (non sub/bosses) at once with 2 life bars each one per round (enemies may carry weapons, but never more than two at once).
*3 Different options: every one has their own traps.
*You can start the rounds with a weapon of your choice.
*The eight rounds together do not exceed 10 minutes.
*Set your own challenge (not using weapons, not dying once, not dying 1 continue, doing the 3 options in a row without losing a single continue...)

2 VS 2 MODE
*Specifically created for two players (still available for single player).
*8 Rounds.
*Fight 2 random main characters at once with x4 life bars each one per round.
*3 Different options: every one change the order/combination of enemies.
*Set your own challenge (not using weapons, not dying once, not dying 1 continue, doing the 3 options in a row without losing a single continue...)

EXTRA NOTES
*Some palettes from heroes included.
*Adam (as Brad Hawk) is the character used for the cutscenes.

Update:
This updated have a minor fix that is not really important (a misspell).
In the other way, I was not satisfied with the briefing in the last mission: All the screen covered by text, which is smaller than the rest so that it could enter on the screen.
I changed that splitting the briefing into two different images.
- cutscene stage8f enters, showing half of the briefing (enter to skip as any other briefing).
- regular stage8f go in; which consist in the other half of the briefing (no player/timer/anything; again enter to skip).
- Then the final scene enters directly.

This means the scene with the limo/car no longer exists (it was just a transition scene anyway).

The full dowload include a folder called "script english apply on original script". Is needed to copy the files into the original script, since the longer cutscenes, music... is missing.
Also, there is a folder into this folder called "1 scene non-script". This file is a regular scene, not a cutscene (although acts like one). Copy this file into the maid folder of the mod to make that scene being in english.

Update (2020):
- 4 new tracks added
- Stage 5b: some enemies have swapped the intro (walking/shadow intro)
- Stage 6d: 1 apple added (and extra food for the 2º player)
- Stage 8d: Shiva now it is a boss (stage clear)
- Final battle: The player now start with only 1 hp.

Links:
Download mod here:
https://mega.nz/file/PjoVTZCL#m283VHVcgGwswAgPFDyqy8OH7WoDs0-0zAYU4bvrbAc

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 16 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Puzirkov, Mehdi98 and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Empty Re: Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod.

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:43 am

Oh updated with proper scenes? Sweet, let's give it a shot! Finally I'm free this afternoon to play something new. Very Happy

EDIT: Notify which file is the new Urban Reign , because I downloaded the mod two times... and both were that with the ugly background repeated many times.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Empty Re: Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod.

Post  vince Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:13 am

I remember the old vesion of this mod, something about 100 levels in the same room. I hope it is better this time Suspect
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Oh updated with proper scenes? Sweet, let's give it a shot! Finally I'm free this afternoon to play something new. Very Happy

EDIT: Notify which file is the new Urban Reign , because I downloaded the mod two times... and both were that with the ugly background repeated many times.

Sorry, Is called Sorr - UR, I added now "2016" so is more easy to find. I forgot I still had those old versions there, and after the "copyright" issue because the Simpsons Mod now I use acronyms.

First post updated to tell which version is, although I will deleted those old versions so no one gets confused.

vince wrote:I remember the old vesion of this mod, something about 100 levels in the same room. I hope it is better this time Suspect

This is far better Razz.
The prologue (a warm up) and the first fight (which set the plot in motion) are short, but from there are longer scenes.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Well, I'll be damned, this is a fine ass mod! It's time for a review.

Overview.

When I played the very first two versions of Urban Reign, I honestly thought: What the heck is this supposed to be? An ugly pasted rendered scene with cutscenes that were only names and the battles were continuous and monotone... well, after all these years of experience that Cm Blast got with killer mods like The Simpsons, Alien vs Predator or Knights of the Round, etc. He definitely should have remade this idea of bringing Urban Reign back to life...

...and here it is, finally a mod that deserves the name, and a very pleasant surprise if you ask me.

Presentation.

Simplicity but tidiness were the keys on this mod. Loved the cutscenes and the briefing like in the original game. It's really a shame the mod wasn't released in English, but the whole Story Mode was in Spanish (not a problem for me, I'm Mexican, har har har). Nice usage of the hub as a game mode select and also options for the extra modes. Clean and tidy.

Graphics.

As I said, we finally get the vibe of the original game back. While edition of the new stages is simple with resources most of us know, it is pretty adequate and brings the vibe of the game properly. I really enjoyed the whole environment of the mod and felt good to play a refreshing take of a 3D BTU... perhaps one of the last good BTU's ever made. I think this was the leap that Cm_Blast needed to start building more unique mods that are not just straight tributes but full recreations of a game. 

I loved the interface layout for the menu and the presentation. It looks clean and tidy. Very PS2 era style.

The scenes on the extra modes were also pretty lovely as well. Again, presentation was great, like the Round One/Round Two signs per battle. I'm a sucker for details and those worked well on this mod.

Hands down, we need more mods from Cm_Blast like this.

Sound.

Nice usage of the OST of Urban Reign, again, fitting the whole environment perfectly. Unfortunately, didn't have its own data pack so it lacked a sound scheme (however, my Vendetta sound scheme fit greatly on it, if I can say so myself, hehe). Razz

Gameplay.

Simple, no-nonsense, challenging and fun. Pretty tough in a few areas, but fun nevertheless. There were some areas way too easy and others packed a but, but was never a dull moment on it. Despite me losing a continue mainly for my own poor skills with Adam, it was an intense yet fun mod nevertheless. 

Rather interesting the mod wasn't scaled, yet still played pretty well and challenging enough.

Conculsion, overall it's a real fine mod, simple, yet solid. Good gameplay, neat presentation... lacking the elements like the data folder customization or more unique breakables, but didn't really need it, the vibe was there and the game's good. Worth playing.

My longplay.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Well, I'll be damned, this is a fine ass mod! It's time for a review.

Overview.

When I played the very first two versions of Urban Reign, I honestly thought: What the heck is this supposed to be? An ugly pasted rendered scene with cutscenes that were only names and the battles were continuous and monotone... well, after all these years of experience that Cm Blast got with killer mods like The Simpsons, Alien vs Predator or Knights of the Round, etc. He definitely should have remade this idea of bringing Urban Reign back to life...

...and here it is, finally a mod that deserves the name, and a very pleasant surprise if you ask me.

Simplicity but tidiness were the keys on this mod. Loved the cutscenes and the briefing like in the original game. It's really a shame the mod wasn't released in English, but the whole Story Mode was in Spanish (not a problem for me, I'm Mexican, har har har). Nice usage of the hub as a game mode select and also options for the extra modes. Clean and tidy.

Graphics.

As I said, we finally get the vibe of the original game back. While edition of the new stages is simple with resources most of us know, it is pretty adequate and brings the vibe of the game properly. I really enjoyed the whole environment of the mod and felt good to play a refreshing take of a 3D BTU... perhaps one of the last good BTU's ever made. I think this was the leap that Cm_Blast needed to start building more unique mods that are not just straight tributes but full recreations of a game. 

I loved the interface layout for the menu and the presentation. It looks clean and tidy. Very PS2 era style.

The scenes on the extra modes were also pretty lovely as well. Again, presentation was great, like the Round One/Round Two signs per battle. I'm a sucker for details and those worked well on this mod.

Hands down, we need more mods from Cm_Blast like this.

Sound.

Nice usage of the OST of Urban Reign, again, fitting the whole environment perfectly. Unfortunately, didn't have its own data pack so it lacked a sound scheme (however, my Vendetta sound scheme fit greatly on it, if I can say so myself, hehe). Razz

Gameplay.

Simple, no-nonsense, challenging and fun. Pretty tough in a few areas, but fun nevertheless. There were some areas way too easy and others packed a but, but was never a dull moment on it. Despite me losing a continue mainly for my own poor skills with Adam, it was an intense yet fun mod nevertheless. 

Rather interesting the mod wasn't scaled, yet still played pretty well and challenging enough.

Conculsion, overall it's a real fine mod, simple, yet solid. Good gameplay, neat presentation... lacking the elements like the data folder customization or more unique breakables, but didn't really need it, the vibe was there and the game's good. Worth playing.

My longplay.

Thanks for all.

I really wanted to create a tribute about this great game, so I tried my best. I am not good at creating something new, but at least tried to modify some backgrounds (changing colours or mixing the building from a game + the sidewalk from another + the road from another + the door for the building is from another more game).

If I had the skill I would do a 2d-recreation of the scenarios of the game, but that's beyond my skill. I'm not so good as to do that. So at least I try to resemple parts of the original game while maintaining scenes fitting a city.

The music: It's a same that Vicious steel (First time you fight the Tin-Jiao in the original game) is impossible to get. In youtube there are like 3 guys with the complete sountrack posted but that track desn't exist (and in the web in general neither). There are like 2 or 3 more tracks that no one seems to have.

Yes, no custom objects, but for two reasons. First because with all the mixing could be a bit confusing distinguish which are objets to be hitted and which are just part of the background. The other reason because I thing the Sor items fits perfectly the game.

The round thing: I did that because after a couple of rounds I was "wait... in what round am I? 5? 6?". An indication was needed.

Don Vecta wrote:There were some areas way too easy and others packed
So... I nailed it! XD
You know: Miguel Estévez. Do nothing, beat the mission XD.

Yes, no english. I could try to make a translation if people want it, but be feared of my "engrish".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Well, you just can copy straight from this playthrough. No need to actually translate, just transcribe everything from existing videos. Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Well, you just can copy straight from this playthrough. No need to actually translate, just transcribe everything from existing videos. Razz

Some parts of the briefings/cutscenes are my own words. But will try to take at least the original parts so I only need to translate The minimum.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Empty excellent

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Well, you just can copy straight from this playthrough. No need to actually translate, just transcribe everything from existing videos. Razz

Some parts of the briefings/cutscenes are my own words. But will try to take at least the original parts so I only need to translate The minimum.

Looking solid. And nice customization. I hope translation to English helps like in the 2005 beat em up game. ^^
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:30 am

English script added in the first post.

Although I skipped the very first cutscenes (which have a frase printed into the cutscene), everything else should be in english. I did this in order to pass the english script with only 355 kbs. This way you can download it quick.

Try it out and tell me if everything is definitely in English.

Remember, you need to copy/paste/overwrite the originals. Is not enough with renaming the folder (is missing the music and the larges cutscenes).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:40 am

Wow! First two lines i stopped reading, this is the legit stuff, the real deal! This is authentic, the genuine article! First two lines, in first post, first paragraph and you won me, it's settled, it's decided! What a Face
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Ok guys, a small update and the first post is updated.

I didn't like the last briefing. That part has too much text which forced me to cover all the screen with text (which is smaller than the others cutscenes, making it A little more difficult to read).
Today I came up with an idea to avoid that, and the solution was splitting all the briefing into two statics images.

The cutscene starts showing the briefing much more similar than all the others during the game (misssion 8-4, the small screen, etc...). When you press "enter" a normal scene go in. This scene contains the rest of the briefing (there is no player, timer, life bars...). Pressing "enter" again will send you directly at the final encounter.

The first post explains a bit more.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

Just finished to try it. As usually, not fond of tribute mods, but when it's done with quality, with pleasure! About things I don't like: the music (it looks like background rock sound I even don't feel when it passes from one music to another), the text pannels (too long for a fight game), and the characters that walk without moving legs in the animations (not always, that is more incomprehensible). And too bad there is no customized breakable objects, but I know, I start to be a spoiled child  Embarassed
Except that details, the mod is good, the palettes are discreet but beautiful, the backgrounds are nice, the cutscenes very complete and pleasant to follow, the story is a real story, and I like the progress in the game, the way we pass from one little place to another.

Besides, a little mistake : MISSIIN 6-1
Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Missii10
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:06 pm

vince wrote:Just finished to try it. As usually, not fond of tribute mods, but when it's done with quality, with pleasure! About things I don't like: the music (it looks like background rock sound I even don't feel when it passes from one music to another), the text pannels (too long for a fight game), and the characters that walk without moving legs in the animations (not always, that is more incomprehensible). And too bad there is no customized breakable objects, but I know, I start to be a spoiled child  Embarassed
Except that details, the mod is good, the palettes are discreet but beautiful, the backgrounds are nice, the cutscenes very complete and pleasant to follow, the story is a real story, and I like the progress in the game, the way we pass from one little place to another.

Besides, a little mistake : MISSIIN 6-1
Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. Missii10

I had a dilemma: "I should replicate the mission info from the original game"? I wasn't sure at first for the reason you said. But when I place enough enemies to make the scenes feel longer I though that maybe I could include it. The original game have 1 mission info for all the 100 missions the game has (and for some reason I keep reading them).

Yes, the custom objects, like I said in another post, was to avoid people missing the objects thinking that are part of the backgrounds. But also the Sorr objects fits the style of Urban Reign (that game don't have objects at all).

Also, thanks for the report. If that's the only typo I will be happy.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:Nobody’s innocent.
Justice? It’s an illusion
Uncertainty is the only sure thing…
Uncertainty creates fear, and fear creates money.
Green Harbor… just another urban labyrinth
The El Dorado, full of fear to cash in on.
Gangs rush in to get their hands on that gold.
But those days are over now.
My name is Brad Hawk. I’m a professional.
I do things my way. I answer to no one. 

That’s why the bad guys fear me,
and the good ones loathe me.
That’s who I am.

STORY MODE
*8 Missions in a standard 8 Stages.
*Over 30 different scenes!
*Cutscenes based on the original story.
*Fight the main characters as Bosses or sub-bosses.
*The order of appearance of gangs and bosses differ from the original game.
*Items and food may drop from the enemies.
*Briefing between almost all missions.
*Cutscenes that consist on a single image (text printed into the image) last very long, so the player can read at his own pace (press button to skip when finish).
*Unique difficulty, no more enemies for harder levels. No more enemies for 2 players either, but extra food on screen when playing with a partner.
*Is highly recommended to use Sor3 style of weapon, since in later levels would be tons of weapons to use.

CHALLENGE MODE
*7 New scenes.
*8 Rounds.
*Fight 5 random gang members (non sub/bosses) at once with 2 life bars each one per round (enemies may carry weapons, but never more than two at once).
*3 Different options: every one has their own traps.

2 VS 2 MODE
*Specifically created for two players (still available for single player).
*8 Rounds.
*Fight 2 random main characters at once with x4 life bars each one per round.
*3 Different options: every one change the order/combination of enemies.

EXTRA NOTES
*Some palettes from heroes included.
*Adam (as Brad Hawk) is the character used for the cutscenes.

Update:
This updated have a minor fix that is not really important (a misspell).
In the other way, I was not satisfied with the briefing in the last mission: All the screen covered by text, which is smaller than the rest so that it could enter on the screen.
I changed that splitting the briefing into two different images.
- cutscene stage8f enters, showing half of the briefing (enter to skip as any other briefing).
- regular stage8f go in; which consist in the other half of the briefing (no player/timer/anything; again enter to skip).
- Then the final scene enters directly.

This means the scene with the limo/car no longer exists (it was just a transition scene anyway).

The full dowload include a folder called "script english apply on original script". Is needed to copy the files into the original script, since the longer cutscenes, music... is missing.
Also, there is a folder into this folder called "1 scene non-script". This file is a regular scene, not a cutscene (although acts like one). Copy this file into the maid folder of the mod to make that scene being in english.

Links:
Onedrive: (full download - includes the english part)
http://sdrv.ms/QiAmTj
The file is called "Sorr - UR (2016)".

4share: (full download - includes the english part)
http://www.4shared.com/get/jaFR7zLMce/Sorr_-_UR__2016_.html

WOW! I am downloading)
Puzirkov
Puzirkov
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Man, it was not easy to finish this mod in Mania level. Managed to do it with Elle (recording below), but with Rudra I failed when approaching the end and must try again later Razz I hope there is an update in the future that adds custom breakables. I think I saw a lot of elements within the game that could be turned into them

oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 pm

These guys picked the wrong day to mess with red Rudra Razz

oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Good runs. I can see how Golem is doing his best work: Crush dreams (and bones).

I am not planning to add custom objects. Could be a bit confusing getting mistaken a background item with a regular item. Also I decided to use the original since Sor and Urban Reign both have a similar tematic and there isn't any items in Urban Reign, so the classic Sor are good enough for me.

By the way. There should be a folder "script english apply..." you can use if you like to have the game in english. You need to copy the files into the script folder (overwritting), and then there is a separated file you also need to overwrite outside the script folder (regular stage).

Or did I forget to include it?

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Played the last version, still good!
One last error:
Urban Reign - Streets of Rage remake tribute mod. FgmbcNl
MISION
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 pm

vince wrote:Played the last version, still good!
One last error:

MISION

Finally This it's fixed too. I didn't reupload the mod yet, but at least now spell mission right.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:47 am

Still a favorite mod. Here's a more updated run of it in the English version.

Oh, and there's a softlock thanks to Ash...

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Your video scared me with the "loop"; I though was my computer about to crash.
What happened with ash? 
also thanks for the replay/reupload, people still didn't know this exist yet, based on the comments on your vid.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  gravegun Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Oh updated with proper scenes? Sweet, let's give it a shot! Finally I'm free this afternoon to play something new. Very Happy

Sorry, Is called Sorr - UR, I added now "2016" so is more easy to find. I forgot I still had those old versions there, and after the "copyright" issue because the Simpsons Mod now I use acronyms.

First post updated to tell which version is, although I will deleted those old versions so no one gets confused.

vince wrote:I remember the old vesion of this mod, something about 100 levels in the same room. I hope it is better this time Suspect

This is far better Razz.
The prologue (a warm up) and the first fight (which set the plot in motion) are short, but from there are longer scenes.

I'm trying to get your urban reign mod but the RAR is corrupt from both the onedrive and 4share links. I don't see a Sorr UR (2016) anywhere but there is a Sor Remake UR (5.1) file. This is the one that is corrupt after download. Dying to play your awesome mod! Sad

gravegun
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:02 pm

gravegun wrote:
I'm trying to get your urban reign mod but the RAR is corrupt from both the onedrive and 4share links. I don't see a Sorr UR (2016) anywhere but there is a Sor Remake  UR (5.1) file. This is the one that is corrupt after download. Dying to play your awesome mod! Sad

Honestly, I don't know why people are having so many problems with the rar files. I cannot do anything really; works for me, works for tons of people, but then there is always somebody that, for some reason, the file seems corrupt. This is something scary, I can't think on the day that not even myself can download this stuff.

Ps: just in case, I redownloaded the mod from the onedrive and unzipping it right now and seems to work.

You may try using something like 7zip (if you didn't have), maybe it's a better program than winrar.
Or, if you don't want to install something more, try this other link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zZo0OzU4Eo

The guy it's playing my mod but on his onedrive he reuploaded the mod, it's the mod updated version.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Hey, just use 7zip on those .Rar files that causes a problem. Once you do this, there will be no more problems in the future
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next