SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside)

3 posters

Go down

Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside) Empty Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside)

Post  Saven Sun May 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Yeah, this could probably go in the Grand Uppah thread, but I thought I'd draw some attention to a new topic. Merge with the other thread if you want mods Razz

Anyways, in the last month or so, I have been having a mid-life crisis with my Sega Genesis, pulled it out, and have resurrected it from the dead; ordering new controllers, cords, games, even a flash cart, etc. Laughing

Mainly this is for recording purposes, but one of the main things I am wanting to do with it is record actual Genesis/Mega Drive music off of it because I am sick and tired of hearing people rip music off from a shitty emulator like Gens and putting it on Youtube. Especially if I hear that dreadful PEOWNPEOWNPEOWNPEOWNPEOWNPEOWN note that incorrectly plays in some songs in different games. Since I've been using emulators, I've been pretty disappointed with how Genesis games sound like on there. Some emulators like Kega do a good job playing games and interpreting music, but it's still just not the same from a Sega fanboy like me who grew up remembering the awesome bassy sound that the Genesis/Mega Drive used to create on real hardware lol.

Anyways, one of my favorites of course were the SOR games, and I so happened to record the first game's OST on real hardware this past week and released them today. On top of that, I am also putting the OST version and the arranged songs with this playlist too because why not. I will be recording SOR2 and 3 here soon and uploading those, including some songs from the beta. Smile

Want something to listen to today? Why not the SOR1 soundtrack on real hardware and from the OST as well! Hope you guys enjoy! Very Happy

Link to Blast Processing

I will also be uploading some other games besides SOR on real hardware as well in the future, so stay tuned!

Last edited by Saven on Tue May 31, 2016 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside) Empty Re: Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside)

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Let us listen...

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside) Empty Re: Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside)

Post  Saven Sun May 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Streets of Rage 2 OST is now finally done and uploaded! This also has the beta song, Walking Bottom, recorded on real hardware as well. Very Happy

SOR2 OST on a Sega Genesis Model 1

Enjoy!

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun May 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Saven wrote:Streets of Rage 2 OST is now finally done and uploaded! This also has the beta song, Walking Bottom, recorded on real hardware as well. Very Happy

SOR2 OST on a Sega Genesis Model 1

Enjoy!

Still sounds fresh even after 24 years. OOOHHH BASEBALL!!!
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 22, 2016 8:48 pm

My dear Savs, do you think it would be so much to zip all these tracks in best quality and upload them? I'd love to have this full soundtrack. If you, you'd have earned heaven and tons of points in my cool list. :3 Embarassed

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 pm

When I record SOR3's OST, I will upload the entire trilogy for download and make a seperate ogg download for SORR + mods. It will be done. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Don Vecta wrote:My dear Savs, do you think it would be so much to zip all these tracks in best quality and upload them? I'd love to have this full soundtrack. If you, you'd have earned heaven and tons of points in my cool list. :3 Embarassed

LMFAO Donnie Razz Razz Razz Razz
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun May 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Saven wrote:When I record SOR3's OST, I will upload the entire trilogy for download and make a seperate ogg download for SORR + mods. It will be done. Smile

Here Saven have one of these Streets of Rage OST recorded on real hardware! (UPDATE: SOR3 OST now recorded and uploaded! Link inside) Image-59
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun May 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Streets of Rage 3 OST is now finally done (after some recording issues)! This recording also includes the Beyond Oasis beta song that was hidden and not on the options screen with that bad ending-sounding song that was also not included on the options screen.

SOR3 OST on a Sega Genesis Model 1

Enjoy, and I will start compiling all the music from the trilogy for download and also in .ogg format to use for SORR + mods here soon!

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 30, 2016 7:40 am

You sir is awesome!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down