SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

+29
Raf Arin
Jason8956
oracle
vuLCan Karayan
bufs
YMB9Shinzou
Puzirkov
mariocanales
Sshadow5001
Swamp
Kyu Rain
BareKnuckleRoo2
graylandertagger
Doomerzan
crystalix
JoyJoyfulRabbit
KOManiacJim
scalliano
Security
celestinx
BigDarsh
Rocketeer Raccoon
DamianD
William Assunção
Charco
Tarma
bazzza
Mr.Din
Don Vecta
33 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition Empty Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Deleted

Last edited by CajNatalie on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:23 am; edited 15 times in total

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition Empty Re: Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

Post  Don Vecta Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:44 pm

The first SOR is back with a bang!

I only can say: play hard, babies... No, scratch that, play MANIA, babies! And be curious! Very curious...

Oh, and please, record your runs. Just sayin'. Cool

EDIT.

This is a 90's game homage mod, but we're in the 2010's! And in gaming, we NEED TROPHIES and ACHIEVEMENTS~!
Now, like in the latest generation console games, you don't have to do them, but you really want to do them! And why you want to do them? Bragging rights? Damn straight! Extra challenge? Totally! Something unlocked? Ermmm... well, who knows? Rolling Eyes (actually, YES! an unlockable... and an unlockable you really want!)  Very Happy

In order to check your achievements, you may have to record your run (or the specific trophy you want to unlock) and show it in this thread. And demonstrate why are you the ultimate SOR1 Collection master! Twisted Evil~

So, without further ado, the trophy list!

Must be on Very Hard+ unless otherwise stated

Bosses
Antonio - Beat a pair of Antonios with a CPU partner without taking any damage (any route)
Souther - Finish him with a jump attack (any route)
Abadede - Beat the duo in any final stage (Syndicate HQ) with a CPU partner without losing any lives
Bongo - Knock him off the bridge. (Game Gear route only)
Twins - After you beat one, finish the other within 5 seconds of game time (any route)
Slash - Finish him using the homing laser (SMS route only)
Yamatokiri - Beat Harakiri within 10 seconds of game time of beating Kong (BKM route only)
Mr.X - Defeat all his back up crew before him (any route)

Characters
Adam - On any bridge, domino kick one enemy into another so that they both fall into a pit.
Your foot can only touch one enemy.
Axel - Lock 4 or more enemies from start to finish in an infinite combo.
You cannot hit any outside of the combo or use any knock downs.
Blaze - Leg throw 3 enemies in a row off of an elevator.
Beating an enemy any other way or dunking with a suplex means you have to start over.

Routes
MD - Say Yes to Mr.X to do Stages 6-8 all over again
GG - Finish at or above your starting life count (if you start at x4, then x3 means you lose)
SMS - Beat on Mania with a CPU partner - no player continues lost
BKM - Kill Kong/El Gigante by dunking/throwing him off the elevator

No-Death Playthroughs of All 4 Routes
Hard: Platinum
Very Hard: Diamond
Mania: Impossible (if done, the crew of this mod will owe you a long blowjob) Very Happy

So, there it is. Good luck with that!

Last edited by Don Vecta on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov, splaow and GothamBeauty like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition Empty Re: Streets of Rage 1 Collection for V5: Vecta Edition

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Don Vecta wrote:The first SOR is back with a bang!

I only can say: play hard, babies... No, scratch that, play MANIA, babies! And be curious! Very curious...

Oh, and please, record your runs. Just sayin'. Cool
Yes, it would be nice if someone found some extra part of the mod that totally doesn't exist and endured it. We'd have to make sure they were congratulated, I wonder what bonus content I could make for such an occasion... will have to think about it and put something together. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:51 pm

TIS FINALLY HEEEEAAAAH!! Will be recording a playthrough soon hopefully sunday, busy schedule and what not. Once again thanks for this beautiful mod and it's been an honor working on it. SoR1 is indeed back with more oomph! Very Happy

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh hell yeah it is here Very Happy Very Happy, thank you very much Caj, Donnie, Mr Din for this and any other contributors. This look awesome downloading now.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh, thank you! Smile

I have a bit played the mod and it is impressive, as usual.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Just played this mod great stuff again everything is absolutely perfect. Here is some gameplay footage this playthrough I think, I took the BKM route. This is played on very hard.

Last edited by bazzza on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:18 am

Looks fantastic! Downloading Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:59 am

bazzza wrote:Just played this mod great stuff again everything is absolutely perfect. Here is some gameplay footage this playthrough I think, I took the BKM route. This is played on very hard.

Great run man. I cackled the couple of times you inadvertently ended up putting someone in a pit, like "yes, embrace the pit!" Twisted Evil
I know you don't like to use them (you had one chance to dunk Kong, BTW, and if there was any time to go for a dunk, it was then - he's really hard to get off the elevator). Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:29 am

Ah damnit, there's always something. Razz
The exact frame YT picked for Bazzza's video thumb helped me find the error.

Patch
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxndac1h7d75yem/SoR1%20Object%20Patch.rar?dl=0
A sprite had non-transparent black where it should have been transparent. Fixed in all object files.
Most people won't notice, but if you want it perfect, get this patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 am

I played this mod too, i finished the BKM route, apart from lack of dilapidated town level and the images of MD good ending level that route was amazing!

Next time i will play the GG and SMS routes, and the MD ASAP. Wink

Thank you Caj, Vecta and other stuff for this mod, i can't wait for the update of SOR2 & SOR3 mods for 5.1 ver. Very Happy
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 am

I can see the BKM is so far the novelty and the favorite of the recent players. I don't blame you, it is also MY personal favorite. Razz

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:01 am

CajNatalie wrote:
bazzza wrote:Just played this mod great stuff again everything is absolutely perfect. Here is some gameplay footage this playthrough I think, I took the BKM route. This is played on very hard.

Great run man. I cackled the couple of times you inadvertently ended up putting someone in a pit, like "yes, embrace the pit!" Twisted Evil
I know you don't like to use them (you had one chance to dunk Kong, BTW, and if there was any time to go for a dunk, it was then - he's really hard to get off the elevator). Razz

Thanks for the response Caj, yeah I know I could of dunked kong but I was also worried about getting chucked off myself. Yeah the pit yeah I hate throwing enemies in there feels cheap like I said before. But on this run yeah no idea where the pits were ended up firing people down there Razz  Going to do another run today on the GG version

Last edited by bazzza on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks so much CajNatalie very excited to play every version Smile

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Someone's going to be completely stuck eventually, so I put this in the first post...

Experimental Scene in BKM
Confused?
Solution for Babbies:

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:01 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Someone's going to be completely stuck eventually, so I put this in the first post...

Experimental Scene in BKM
Confused?
Solution for Babbies:

Was this post in light of my video I posted earlier, where I was stupidly trying to workout how to get on the lift. Anyways here is another video of me playing this mod but this time I took the Game Gear route.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Just finished GG,SMS and Mobile routes very well done thanks to all who helped make this.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:02 pm

bazzza wrote:Was this post in light of my video I posted earlier, where I was stupidly trying to workout how to get on the lift. Anyways here is another video of me playing this mod but this time I took the Game Gear route.

You figured it out.
For the people who won't even try to figure it out, I'm going to call them a wee wittle babby before I give them the solution. It's like discouraging people from looking at the solution by labelling it that way. Razz

Also glad to see the chihuahua route claim another victim. Twisted Evil

DamianD wrote:Just finished GG,SMS and Mobile routes very well done thanks to all who helped make this.
Glad you enjoyed it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
bazzza wrote:Was this post in light of my video I posted earlier, where I was stupidly trying to workout how to get on the lift. Anyways here is another video of me playing this mod but this time I took the Game Gear route.

You figured it out.
For the people who won't even try to figure it out, I'm going to call them a wee wittle babby before I give them the solution. It's like discouraging people from looking at the solution by labelling it that way. Razz

Also glad to see the chihuahua route claim another victim. Twisted Evil

DamianD wrote:Just finished GG,SMS and Mobile routes very well done thanks to all who helped make this.
Glad you enjoyed it. Very Happy

Yeah that GG route my god is tough it seem to have a unhealthy obsession with SOR1 women and SOR1 Karate fighters. Anyways here is another video but this time taking the SMS route. I like to say what is up with level 6 very long and the laser beam near the end I do not recall that being there. Anyways here is the video.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Laser beam is a reference to the SMS's use of zappers where the thwomps should be, since it couldn't handle a moving layer when it was already trying to make conveyors animate.
I shall save that video for laters. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:56 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Another Route
Wait what, there is no secret 5th route. What are you talking about?!
Move along, nothing to see here.

Another Route:
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Rocketeer Raccoon wrote:
Another Route:
It's your imagination:

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:04 pm

I see you are working on your SoR2 mod now, will you be doing something similar to this mod with an SMS and GG route?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Charco wrote:I see you are working on your SoR2 mod now, will you be doing something similar to this mod with an SMS and GG route?
Yesh there will be GG and SMS stages.
New stages will be drawn up to 240 height, likely with Vecta doing all the perfecting after I've sorted out basic line and colour work, considering he jumped at the opportunity last time we talked about it.
Making our own Alien Bridge is going to be hell, but the rest looks simple.

There'll also be a 4th route, and a potential for a mini-mod.

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Sounds great Very Happy

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next