SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...!

+7
Security
Charco
BigDarsh
Garcia75
bazzza
Mr.Din
Don Vecta
11 posters

Go down

Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...! Empty Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...!

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Deleted

Last edited by CajNatalie on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 am; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...! Empty Re: Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...!

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:38 pm

Always in too much of a rush with these release topics.
Re-uploading making sure all the palettes/sounds are included.

Back to top Go down

Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...! Empty Re: Golden Rage v2 - Updates for Platforming, Duel Mode, and more...!

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I just tell you, guys, the new features and the platforming is soooo much fun! The v5.1 changes brought a lot of life to the modding scene and this is one of the mods that got highly affected by them. You must give it a go!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Going to try this out tonight hopefully.
Edit: Played through this beautiful mod from 1 to 3 no intermingling routes and game over'd at hell strike (barbon with million lasers!) The mod is much more well crafted this time around. Balanced and challenging enemy placement, the platforming despite the glitches and staying stuck up top of the screen (both of which can't be helped) makes the mod all the more fun. Palettes look amazing while staying faithful to the games which can be difficult to do at times so kudos for that! Bonus points for the sound pack and making sure all music (select screen, game over etc) stays faithful to the games and the easy ending even though I haven't experienced them yet. Razz

10/10! will play again!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello again welcome back, just finished play this mod what can I say OUTSTANDING. The added extras like the duel mode and the platforming are great touches and the enemy placement and the enemies used to replace the one from Golden Axe was spot on too nice job. Everything is well ripped and sized and providing great detail. I have done a little video of me playing this, I will concede never been the best streets of rage player anyway here it is and thanks for this update.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words Din and Bazzza.

There is definitely an issue with some stages starting/ending high in the screen; the price of refusing to flatten the levels again I guess, but it almost made me want to while testing because of the "Total Enemies" box obscuring my view. XD

Edit: Your video is private. Razz
If you're shy about gameplay being on your YouTube page and just wanted it here, then the option you want is Unlisted. Not sure if it still allows embedding while unlisted but the direct link will still work.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:02 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Thanks for the kind words Din and Bazzza.

There is definitely an issue with some stages starting/ending high in the screen; the price of refusing to flatten the levels again I guess, but it almost made me want to while testing because of the "Total Enemies" box obscuring my view. XD

Edit: Your video is private. Razz
If you're shy about gameplay being on your YouTube page and just wanted it here, then the option you want is Unlisted. Not sure if it still allows embedding while unlisted but the direct link will still work.

Yeah I am a idiot I will go and change it sorry. there it should be public now.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:47 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
If you have the old version, delete all of it (including palettes), and put v2 in its place.
WWeird collision map issues can occur if i overwrite it?
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Garcia75 wrote:
CajNatalie wrote:
If you have the old version, delete all of it (including palettes), and put v2 in its place.
WWeird collision map issues can occur if i overwrite it?
Delete
Don't overwrite

Delete all of the old mod, as it says in the post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:58 pm

If i remember i had that issue with Rescue Metro City, glitchy scrolling due to element overwriting What a Face

Did the folder replacement, it works properly. What bothers me is the yellow color and ledge placement which prevents me sometimes to throw mooks in pits since they cannot climb them even with jumping attacks
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 am

Nothing to add really, but lots of work on this update so I post just to thank you for the new features. On a sidenote, Golden Rage is the first mod that makes me like pitting/platforming in v5.0 beside limitations of sormaker and limitations of sor jump mechanics. This said, it's still a bit glitchy but nothing really disturbing, still in my top 5 tribute mod. Very polished, nice enemy placement, palettes, interesting route system which provide customisation in challenge, sound effect pack : all that good stuff.

PS: I hope one day you will play The Revenge of Death Adder (best GA ever !). ^^

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm

BigDarsh wrote:
PS: I hope one day you will play The Revenge of Death Adder (best GA ever!). ^^

This Cool

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Yep, just played it a few weeks ago on MAME with my friend. Great fun.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm

I wouldn't count on it honestly. That game is bitch to rip from, at least in my experience. Sad

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Indeed, GA the revenge of death adder feature a lot of "weird/extraordinary" stuff like third person camera scrolling and I was'nt asking CajNatalie to add this fabulous game to the tribute, but just to play it when she will have spare time. Most of us here love btu and love (or at least enjoy) this game and there is a good reason for that (it's a masterpiece). It was more a "cultural enlightement" than "extra work request".

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:00 am

BigDarsh wrote:Indeed, GA the revenge of death adder feature a lot of "weird/extraordinary" stuff like third person camera scrolling and I was'nt asking CajNatalie to add this fabulous game to the tribute, but just to play it when she will have spare time. Most of us here love btu and love (or at least enjoy) this game and there is a good reason for that (it's a masterpiece). It was more a "cultural enlightement" than "extra work request".
I don't have any arcade emus set up. RoDA is probably one of the first things I'd try if I did, but still not enough encouragement away from Remake at the moment. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 pm

Right another play through of this great MOD this time doing both Golden Axe 3 and 1

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:16 pm

A very special mod, for me. Could easily be my single most beloved one of the entire bunch, a place that "Way of the Warrior" reserved, for my tastes, though. Golden Axe has always been my most beloved game ever. Besides the very first one. This tribute, compilation, was very savory and satisfactory, in every sense! Extremely enjoyable! EXACTLY what i had in mind for the perfect interpretation of a SorRemake mod! Also, everyone attacking you at the end of the adventures in that surprise attack, was priceless!

Thanks a lot to the creator of the mod. This was a very significant and special experience for me! Keep up the good work! Much appreciated!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:13 pm

I played a second time to this mod, it's just huge! Three games in one, will all the alternative roads for the 3rd, breakable objects... I'ma not found of hommage mod, but I had big pleasure with this one. Maybe because SoR & GoldenAxe are very close in they working system, so the portage is efficient, or maybe just because I played a lot to the 3 Golden Axe. Definitively in my top!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

How to get the Duel ending? I win the duel in 1, the duel in 2, i can't find a duel in 3 and i don't get cutscene or reward for beating the challenge of duels...

Also, is there any route map somewhere for reference, or hints on how to get the different endings?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hedgehog45 Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi!  Smile
As many know, in “Streets of Rage Remake” there is a huge hammer that is so simply unavailable when developing mods. I decided to use its capabilities to introduce the legendary golden ax! For the atmosphere used the mod “Golden Rage (v2.0)” from CajNatalie. What came of it, see for yourself.  Very Happy

Hedgehog45
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 am

Very nice idea! The ultimate banhammer is very cool, but of course very cheated.
It was nice in Christmas Odyssey and even in the survival "The Rage / Hammer". I still don't know how you do that, even when I opened the stages in sormaker, but it's cool!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Shiva Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:51 pm

Please, someone have this mod to up? The links are broken both versions.
Thiago Shiva
Thiago Shiva
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  OldSchoolGamer2024 Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:06 am

Thiago Shiva wrote:Please, someone have this mod to up? The links are broken both versions.

ALTERNATE LINKS

MEGA
https://mega.nz/file/QSUGnSiS#eP4DoexR0f6ybX_8D8sOqsr8ErmRY8aznILa3MJxTOY

Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/chyykyw4xho0hi6/Golden_Rage_New.rar/file
OldSchoolGamer2024
OldSchoolGamer2024
Galsia

Thiago Shiva likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiago Shiva Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:19 am

Thanks

OldSchoolGamer2024 wrote:
Thiago Shiva wrote:Please, someone have this mod to up? The links are broken both versions.

ALTERNATE LINKS

MEGA
https://mega.nz/file/QSUGnSiS#eP4DoexR0f6ybX_8D8sOqsr8ErmRY8aznILa3MJxTOY

Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/chyykyw4xho0hi6/Golden_Rage_New.rar/file
Thiago Shiva
Thiago Shiva
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down