SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, so that's how it went huh!?

+4
Mr.Din
Criss
Don Vecta
Saven
8 posters

Go down

Oh, so that's how it went huh!? Empty Oh, so that's how it went huh!?

Post  Saven Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:44 am

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932932&page=3

I got their team in contact with sega just about 2 years ago, actually. Their programmer had moved on by that point and didn't want to deal with Sega.

And, because it's already being discussed - Sega shut down Streets of Rage remake because they started taking donations for the thing. Making money off of sega's IP is where they draw the line.

Interesting....I have been around this project for awhile and I have NEVER heard of this story.

Speaking of which, who the hell is Krejlooc and why have I never heard of his name before and how does he know so much information even though he says he doesn't work for Sega? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Saven on Wed May 20, 2015 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Oh, so that's how it went huh!? Empty Re: Oh, so that's how it went huh!?

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 pm

click in the thread:

file not found

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:42 am

All donations from the last forum were strictly FOR the forum, as bandwidth was costing B quite a bit. It was clearly stated every time any donations were for hosting costs, never the game. Dude is talking out of his ass.

Might as well say sites like SOR-online, and Sonicretro need to shut down, due to them having donation links.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:22 am

Criss wrote:All donations from the last forum were strictly FOR the forum, as bandwidth was costing B quite a bit. It was clearly stated every time any donations were for hosting costs, never the game. Dude is talking out of his ass.

Might as well say sites like SOR-online, and Sonicretro need to shut down, due to them having donation links.
This, though SEGA could've assumed as such it isn't the actual truth. Anybody on Neogaf want to clear this up?

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:39 pm

Haha, the guy who spread this bullshit got banned on NeoGAF! Good! Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Saven wrote:Haha, the guy who spread this bullshit got banned on NeoGAF! Good! Laughing

Good, because that was obvious BS.

Truth was Sega never thought SORR would ever be completed, when it did get released they then just wanted to protect their IP even though they never had any plans to ever use it again and there really was no confusion in the marketplace. They never did anything for Beats of Rage because it really wasn't every good.

It's one reason why some Western companies are really far ahead nowadays. Bethesda and quite a few kickstarter game companies like to allow modding, and then use the mods themselves. Some companies will also hire talented mod developers/programmers as employees.

Sega however has no interest in that, and only likes to put out garbage games these days, and has for awhile.

SORR is really a great game and probably could have been released as a kickstarter and stand alone game on its own, with different characters. Sega is never going to do do anything with this IP again, and really it is rather worthless to them. Oh well, too bad we couldn't get netplay on this.
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29 pm

There was also the element of SoR3 heading to iPhone the week after SoRR was released.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu May 21, 2015 2:52 am

I just went ahead and cleared things up over there on neogaf as I have noticed that rumor is being spread around on other sites like Sonic Retro recently. Hopefully what I explained on there will clear things up.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 am

Saven wrote:I just went ahead and cleared things up over there on neogaf as I have noticed that rumor is being spread around on other sites like Sonic Retro recently. Hopefully what I explained on there will clear things up.

Yeah it was obvious BS and I think most people no neogaf knew it was BS. SORR is one of my favorite games ever and I think I actually like it better than the SOR original series. That is saying a lot considering I have played the originals way more and absolutely loved them.

SORR is rare, very rare. Something that is better than its source material.
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am

Xillatem wrote:There was also the element of SoR3 heading to iPhone the week after SoRR was released.

Wait, there was an iPhone port of SOR3? Well, apparently, it no longer exists. I actually had it for all three SOR games, except the ports kinda sucked, it felt more like emulation, except very, very crappy.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:54 am

Well, of course it was emulation..

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:24 am

Charco wrote:Well, of course it was emulation..

It was emulation, except... shitty!

Seriously though, it's kinda sad how Sega throws away their IPs or ruins them in some way, and then the games we get are Sonic Boom, unlike Sonic 06, which was humorous because it was shit, just like Snakes on a Plane.
Spoiler:

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum