SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage vs. Final Fight

+6
BigDarsh
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Saven
Mr.Din
badjab326
Shadow Fist King
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Streets of Rage vs. Final Fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage vs. Final Fight

Post  Saven Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 am

BigDarsh wrote:
Plus, I might be wrong here to, but I think bombergames name their project "Remake" because they don't want to force anyone to beleive it as a part of SoR Canon.
And that was never their intention anyways. It was just a homage of all three games, it never wanted to be a sequel or anything. The only games that are canon are pretty much what Sega says anyways.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage vs. Final Fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage vs. Final Fight

Post  Crash Dummie Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Exactly. It just gives me a warm feeling to believe the game is part of the series. And as it's better than any game in the actual series, it's not so hard to suspend my disbelief.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Crash Dummie wrote:Exactly. It just gives me a warm feeling to believe the game is part of the series. And as it's better than any game in the actual series, it's not so hard to suspend my disbelief.
Well, the originals don't have anyone like Rudra. Wink

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithium Flower Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:04 pm

badjab326 wrote:Am I really the only one who thinks FF3 is the best in the series?

I mean don't get me wrong, the characters and stages from FF1 and 2 are pretty cool. But gameplay and animation wise FF3 is amazing. FF1 and 2 both get really repetitive pretty early on due to the limited moveset. But FF3 has many many more ways to fight and much cooler ways to do it.
I only like playing FF3 on easy mode, the amount of enemy waves the game throws at you later gets horribly tedious with the game's slow speed. I do like the game but only with the right settings, and yeah the special moves were pretty good, the addition of 4 characters instead of 3 was also a nice change.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  klares Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:49 pm

definitely streets of rage, for its gameplay, animations, music and most charismatic characters.

only what I find top final fight are in the graphics of the scenarios.
klares
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 am

I only like playing FF3 on easy mode, the amount of enemy waves the game throws at you later gets horribly tedious with the game's slow speed.
I might be wrong here, but it feels like developpers introduce the "back dash system" to counter act with the speed limitation of the SNES. I know, it can be exploited, but it also adds a new way to dodge and to move, that does not exist in brawlers before as far as I can tell. To me, it just makes my conviction stronger about FF3 trying to get better than his predecessors despite not on CP System.

PS: Final Fight Tough is faster than Final Fight 3 on my emulator, I think it was the same on SNES/Super Famicom, but not sure.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2