SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

+5
Security
vince
MangoRyu28
Charco
Cm_Blast
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

Post  Cm_Blast Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Persephone wrote:I'm glad to help you cm_blast ^_^

Have you finished changing the enemy names? If not, just use my link above. I've updated it last night (not changing the link so it still active) because previously I put the wrong palettes (still in Spanish language -_-)

I think I want to make a MOD by myself but it looks hard because I never use a photoshop before Sad

I changed all the enemies already. I am going to look again to be sure that I didn't left anyone withouth the new name.

Depending of the game some are really easy to pick up and paste on photoshop. The more animation has the more efford takes, but other than that it's just moving full screen shots and placing them togheter.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod: The King of Dragons (REMADE)

Post  Persephone Sat May 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I'd downloaded it yesterday but their names is still in Spanish Doubtful
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat May 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Persephone wrote:I'd downloaded it yesterday but their names is still in Spanish Doubtful

I know, All the stuff you are saying to me it's fixed on this and the other mods, but I didn't update any of them yet.

Uploading the mods take a while, so First I want to do a full run on my mods (all of them) to be sure. I don't want to upload the same mod twice (on both sites) just because I forgot 1 last guy or something like that (I am aware of a mod that it's missing a palette, for example).

Also, for this mod I am thinking on a last change: instead making the bosses to drop food (which it's random), I am placing a chest on the beggining of the next scene to contain food. A pizza for the first route, apple for the second... like the very first screen tell the player.

This way is less random (A candy while low of health) or the scene that ends suddenly before you have enough time to pick up.

Still need to do more test and be sure. I'll do a new post on the "big-general update" once I finish with everything and reupload all the mods at the same time.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat May 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Good idea Very Happy

Ok, I will waiting for it. Be careful though, because I just found one of IMP in stage 13 has a default names and I'm afraid if there are another IMP with unedited names due to their numbers. I haven't fixed it yet so you can fix it by yourself
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat May 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Persephone wrote:Good idea Very Happy

Ok, I will waiting for it. Be careful though, because I just found one of IMP in stage 13 has a default names and I'm afraid if there are another IMP with unedited names due to their numbers. I haven't fixed it yet so you can fix it by yourself

I manage to click the "Storm" withouth moving it. Three routes has the same Storm; Also I check just in case, but now all of them are imps. Good thing I could click on it T_T.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu May 17, 2018 12:27 pm

I finished all the changes to this mod.

All the names have changed, I found a red orc having more health that the rest and a few other wrong guys that appears "only on hard" and stuff like that. The Donovan on the 3/4 of the game that do his "train intro" no longer spawn in the middle of the "wall".

The boses no longer drop food to avoid the "pick up quickly before screen fade to black" plus the random of the food given. Now, instead, almost every stage starts with a chest containing food. The value of the food depend on the path and matchs what the first screen said.
So during the first path there are wood chests with pizza and in the harderst path there are gold chest with pineapple.

About bosses:
I decided to not increase the bosses health, because this game has already too many. So I went in the opposite direction.
Now the bosses has less health on the two firsts routes while they keep their original values in the last one (so now makes more sense the player receive better food for defeating them).

The HP of the bosses it's reduced proportionally.
-On the second path, bosses have 90% less health.
-On the first path, bosses have 80% less health.

So Originally Abadede has 2.50 HP (third path). On the second path he has 2.25 and in the easy path he has 2 life bars.
The Wyvern goes from 3 HP to 270 and 240 and so on. This affect subosses too like all those Antonios in mid game.

The mod it's still not uploaded on anywhere, so do not search it yet. But at least I let you know what the changes are about and what to expect.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Nice update bro. I hope you already fix all the mistakes (including Donovan aka Skeleton in the Treant Woods which one of them has a different health compared to another Donovan on that stage)

Let me know if you have finished uploading a newer version Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Persephone wrote:Nice update bro. I hope you already fix all the mistakes (including Donovan aka Skeleton in the Treant Woods which one of them has a different health compared to another Donovan on that stage)

Let me know if you have finished uploading a newer version Smile

Well, I missed that guy again xD. But fixed now.

Anyway; for now the AVP and the King of dragons are being uploading right now on both onedrive and 4share, pick one the one you want and report If I miss something more or I mistake anything again.

On the onedrive the files are being remplaced (I download all of them just as back up If I upload something wrong, I don't want to find moths later that I forgot to add palettes and lost them forever because I needed to format my pc or something like that).

On the 4share; again as a back up the "previous" version it's still there. Will be called "TKOD (5.1 - VIEJO)" (which means "old"). So be careful to download the good version.

The more mods I play the more I reupload (if needed, the altered beast one was ok, for example). But anyway; I'll play more mods in the uncoming days and probably the next week end I upload a few more.

When all it's done I'll post something on my general post.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 pm

So, you've already uploaded a new version? Good, I will download it.

I hope this is a completely fixed and I don't find any mistakes again Smile

PS :

Ok, I've finished your MOD on hard difficulty (Wizard route). Very good for enemy names, although for Giant Spider, I think "G.Spider" is better than "Gian.Spider", but it's up to you

I didn't mean to make you feel disappointed, because I found some mistakes again. I will split them into 2 parts, the mistake which came from old version (because I forgot to tell you) and mistake in the new version only

The mistakes from old version :

- In the stage 2, after defeating Minotaur, there is "black screen" before the map shows on stage 3 although only last for a few miliseconds. I don't know what it means Shocked

- After defeating final boss (Gildiss), it should be "the end" right? But why the map shows to me on stage 15 (Underground Labyrinth) ? Furthermore, after ending scene, the map shows to me on final stage before last cutscene appears.

The mistakes from new version only :

- In stage 13, after a huge swarms of IMP, there are 2 Green Dragons with wrong names (Blood Dragon) as well 2 Blood Lizards in same stage (Flesh Lizard)

- In stage 14, when fighting against Frost Wyvern, one of Green Dragon has a name Blood Dragon

And I want to ask you something. Why the Orc armies in the early stage was stronger than the Orcs in the later stages? Probably...uh...leveling system like in the original game?
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed May 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Persephone wrote:So, you've already uploaded a new version? Good, I will download it.

I hope this is a completely fixed and I don't find any mistakes again Smile

PS :

Ok, I've finished your MOD on hard difficulty (Wizard route). Very good for enemy names, although for Giant Spider, I think "G.Spider" is better than "Gian.Spider", but it's up to you

I didn't mean to make you feel disappointed, because I found some mistakes again. I will split them into 2 parts, the mistake which came from old version (because I forgot to tell you) and mistake in the new version only

The mistakes from old version :

- In the stage 2, after defeating Minotaur, there is "black screen" before the map shows on stage 3 although only last for a few miliseconds. I don't know what it means Shocked

- After defeating final boss (Gildiss), it should be "the end" right? But why the map shows to me on stage 15 (Underground Labyrinth) ? Furthermore, after ending scene, the map shows to me on final stage before last cutscene appears.

The mistakes from new version only :

- In stage 13, after a huge swarms of IMP, there are 2 Green Dragons with wrong names (Blood Dragon) as well 2 Blood Lizards in same stage (Flesh Lizard)

- In stage 14, when fighting against Frost Wyvern, one of Green Dragon has a name Blood Dragon

And I want to ask you something. Why the Orc armies in the early stage was stronger than the Orcs in the later stages? Probably...uh...leveling system like in the original game?

Didn't want to use G.spider because most of the enemes are "green something".

Regarding the "black screen" it's a transition screen. Since that fight it's a elevator scene the game only allow me to go to the next scene. I need to jump to the next stage and an specific scene depending of the path; that's why the black-transition screen it's there.

About the Gildiss part: I'll download my own upload to check it; Maybe I upload a wrong file or something, because to me right now the game send me to a final screen-credits before the "thank you for playing" final screen. <-- meanwhile check how that scene appears on the sormaker, just to know if I need to look at something specific.

That scene (stage8 - scene 11) have X with Shadow intro appearing at the end of the scene, The change-to-boss music happens slighly early, and in the last part there are the laser and a "Jump stage" set to stage 8. The game should send you to the stage 8 (again) but scene 1, where the final text and credits appears. If anything I am telling you it's right (on your mod) maybe one of your options may affect the game? I don't know, but if you like try to place manually to change to scene 1 (I don't know if that really works).

Down there are several options, the third (from the lef) have a picture of a bike plus an arrow and said "auto", change it to "scene 1" and test the map and look what happens. 

Oh yeah, two green dragons with wrong name and two blood lizards with wrong name as well; fixed now:
Since I'll reupload the whole thing once again I hope this time I do it right so after the Gildiss defeat you are send to the "although the heros" and from there the "thank you". <-- the mod it is not reuploaded yet; try what I said to you to set that to "scene 1", just to try. If It works in your game I'll set it to scene 1 too so no more problems from anybody.

I don't know how I manage to change one of the green dragons from the wyvern fight into a blood one. I mean, the other two routers have the same; I don't know where I was looking when I did that xD.

Yes, leveling system. The Health it's based on how many hits they can take before dieing from the original game (I think I used the figther).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu May 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for fix all those mistakes. Please tell me if you have finished uploading a new version Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu May 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Persephone wrote:Thanks for fix all those mistakes. Please tell me if you have finished uploading a new version Smile

Yes, but tell me if in your mod appears the same description as I said in the previous post, just to know.

Me wrote:That scene (stage8 - scene 11) have X with Shadow intro appearing at the end of the scene, The change-to-boss music happens slighly early, and in the last part there are the laser and a "Jump stage" set to stage 8. The game should send you to the stage 8 (again) but scene 1, where the final text and credits appears. If anything I am telling you it's right (on your mod) maybe one of your options may affect the game? I don't know, but if you like try to place manually to change to scene 1 (I don't know if that really works).

<-- this description appears on your game (with sormaker)?

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Sorry sir, I didn't understand what do you mean. However, I made this video for you. I've uploaded it neither to facebook nor youtube, but to box.com instead. Just download it and you will understand my problem Very Happy

https://app.box.com/s/13qt4dizuobeqak2fyoiz81um9qu2i8d

Note : Just skip the Gildiss battle in my video if you want because I lost many lives against him (which makes the video duration even longer) Sad
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Persephone wrote:Sorry sir, I didn't understand what do you mean. However, I made this video for you. I've uploaded it neither to facebook nor youtube, but to box.com instead. Just download it and you will understand my problem Very Happy

https://app.box.com/s/13qt4dizuobeqak2fyoiz81um9qu2i8d

Note : Just skip the Gildiss battle in my video if you want because I lost many lives against him (which makes the video duration even longer) Sad

I was refering to another thing, but the video shows better.

Ok, At first I through you were saying that the game send you to the 15 stage instead the ending, but now I see that appears 2 cutscenes that don't belong there. I think the problem it's you pick up my mod and overwrite the previous folder with the new version.

On your script folder there are a "stage8a.fpg/*.ogg/.txt" and "stage8b.*" but those files are gone on the most recent version (since I use traditional scenes to do those final cutscenes). <-- My zip file have stage8c.*; don't have those old files.
You can either delete those extra files or just get rid of the whole "King of dragons" folder and move my most recent version into the main path just to be sure.

For future references, it's better not to overwrite a recent version into a old version. Like this one, where old files that is not needed remains on your mod.

Ps: If you wait a bit, I am planning to reupload tomorrow this mod (with the small fixes you found) plus a couple of mods more, so you can download the most recent version possible.

Edit:
Upload done. This mod plus three more have been reuploaded. You are free to download now and check that everything it's right this time. But remember to delete your old folder to avoid cutscenes from the previous version.

Also if you want the Captain commando has been uploaded too with the wrong double boss fixed and the bonus fight has slighy less health for every difficulty (much less on very hard, was too much for the little time given).

And if you really want; you also can download the Golden Axe Arcade and the Double dragon trilogy; besides 1-2 small fixes, The cutscenes now are centred and compressed (the Gameboy one should have the correct palettes this time).

Just search for "SOR remake - something (5.1); not take the "VIEJO" version or other "SORr - something" because those are old.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat May 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks for uploading. I will try it later. Of course I was replacing your older version with a new version. I never know if it would causing some mistakes. I won't do it again. Forgive me.

However.....

I found something interesting on your MOD (just ignore the stage 2 cutscene, it was my fault). My nephew has found a funny glitch on stage 1 when playing as Adam. When he reaches a half parts of the map, suddenly a "warp glitch" started on him, although I can't explain what was happened.

I've never seen a bug like that when playing SORR. Therefore, I made a new video for you. Remember my link in previous comment? Download my new video from there and see how foolish they are ^_^

Note : That glitch only happened on easy route (Fighter)
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat May 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Persephone wrote:Thanks for uploading. I will try it later. Of course I was replacing your older version with a new version. I never know if it would causing some mistakes. I won't do it again. Forgive me.

However.....

I found something interesting on your MOD (just ignore the stage 2 cutscene, it was my fault). My nephew has found a funny glitch on stage 1 when playing as Adam. When he reaches a half parts of the map, suddenly a "warp glitch" started on him, although I can't explain what was happened.

I've never seen a bug like that when playing SORR. Therefore, I made a new video for you. Remember my link in previous comment? Download my new video from there and see how foolish they are ^_^

Note : That glitch only happened on easy route (Fighter)

I played this game for years now, and this it's the first time I am seeing that glitch.

I have no idea, but to me seems like a game type of glitch, not just my mod. If you can try to replicated once again in both my mod and in any other mod (or even the original game).

In case only happen on my mod, just delete the whole folder and do a fresh "install" of my mod. I mean, I am not using "data" or something.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducobson Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Persephone -> Cm Blast
Cm Blast -> Persephone

This is an interesting friendly conversation, only for Cm Blast mods...  Smile
Maybe you did not consider to talking in chat?
Sorry but it's really boring to read your questions / answers that have been going on for too long...
Ducobson
Ducobson
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 am

I have no problem with forum users discussing mods like this, that's what the thread is for. Besides, the forums are quiet these days, so it's nice to see people still interested in the game/mods Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Cm_blast : Hmm, maybe that glitch happened due to my "replacing system". I will delete it and download a new version without replacing later. I will report you if this bug still present.

Ducobson : I'm the big fan of cm_blast mods. Therefore, I want to help him for improving his mods. I never used a private message with him though, because I want any people on this forum knows about our discussion. Sorry if you feel boring.

Charco : Hello sir. I love your profile photo (That was a Starscream from Transformer cartoon right?). I'm agree with you. This forum was quiet for few days and that's why I'm joining here to bring this forum come back alive again (and to make a contact with cm_blast of course)
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 28, 2018 8:02 am

Ducobson wrote:Persephone -> Cm Blast
Cm Blast -> Persephone

Sorry but it's really boring to read your questions / answers that have been going on for too long...

No, they can discuss about the mod as they want fit. If you you it's boring, there's other threads. For me is refreshing to see interest in mods.

Nevermind, guys, keep going the discussion.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 am

Wow, Don_Vecta. Finally you arrive. I've been waiting for you since long ago. I made a video about cm_blast MOD called "The Punisher" a few weeks ago. I've edited it based on your enemy selection. Probably you will be interested.

Btw, I'm afraid if your account was hacked because your profile photo keep changing periodically whenever I refresh the page.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducobson Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Ducobson wrote:Persephone -> Cm Blast
Cm Blast -> Persephone

No, they can discuss about the mod as they want fit. If you you it's boring, there's other threads. For me is refreshing to see interest in mods.

I accept your invitation.
It remains strange this attachment of Persephone ONLY for Cm Blast mods, since I think there are other very interesting mods on this forum.
But of course this is ONLY my point of view.
Ducobson
Ducobson
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon May 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Don Vecta wrote:No, they can discuss about the mod as they want fit. If you you it's boring, there's other threads. For me is refreshing to see interest in mods.

Vecta, Did you see the video with the glitch Persephone show a few posts ago? It's the first time I ever see that kind of glitch on the game; did you find that glitch before? 

Ducobson wrote:It remains strange this attachment of Persephone ONLY for Cm Blast mods, since I think there are other very interesting mods on this forum

I can't talk for him, but probably it's because my mods are heavily based on popular arcade games, so when he found something out of place he inform me about the mistake (other authors uses their own approach or are original mods).

Also, right now I am in the mood to do all the fixes I was leaving behind. If I had not bothered to fix all those mistakes, the story would be different.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Mon May 28, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm agree with you cm_blast. Because most of your MOD were based on my favourite Arcade games, that's why I'm here to help you.

Don't worry, it doesn't mean I hate another MOD.

- I've tried a boss rush of rage. It was causing a big frustation to me though.
- Cazalbe Adventure makes a surprise to me when facing 3 Abadedes + trap at the same time
- Masha and the Bear is annoying but funny
- Minecraft is so long but seems fine
- I felt into a trap in Never Back Down MOD by Don_Vecta. But it's okay
- SOR at the movies (especially Sunset Riders) is cool. Even I love the enemy names (Mortadel, Lady Gaga, Rossi, Vin Diesel, etc)

And of course SONIC by Crystalix. But I never saw him so I think if he is disappear forever.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 am

No Crystalix is not gone, he said he hopes to resume his work soon. King of Dragons is a great game because it reminds me of Golden Axe. And if we have Golden Rage, King of Dragons should be done too. For sure it is nice for you to have this interest Persephone, and let it never go away. And for Cm_Blast, you could be one of the best Mod creators who ever lived. I have my aspirations too, even if I could not create my own Mod, I can still play around with storylines. That is my dream, to create a Mod based on my life, that would be cool. But my life story is not yet finished so I cannot create it yet. Lol
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next