SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

+37
Tarma
Charco
mariocanales
Mr.Din
Security
Don Vecta
Puzirkov
Sshadow5001
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Meesta_X
Jonny1989
dhoppler
Danshimaru
WillyTheSquid
graylandertagger
SORDave
celestinx
Ducobson
webdrow
Doctrine Dark
KFCutman
I.R.S.
TheWolfe
Garcia75
DarkThief
EddyCartoon
Reinhart
Saven
realnabarl
Shiva
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Shadow Fist King
JoyJoyfulRabbit
wawatu
41 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Saven Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Tarma wrote:Yes, I am trying using the breakable objects. It is very difficult to use for me. I put Final Fight barrels in Route 1 but they are not where they should be. It is strange (I don't understand the "000 control" story).

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 ZyMhiBG

Hey Tarma, when you are in FPG Edit, right click on the image you are on and click edit. Go to the control point tab, and when you are there, mark the bottom center button on the right hand side of the window where you have nine areas to mark, then click on Put Center and do the same for the rest of your images that need to be animated. Everything should be in the proper place and not out of sync anymore.

If you have any questions on this still, feel free to ask. Me and Charco had a little issue with it last week and we eventually figured it out and how to properly set it. Wink
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  wawatu Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:53 pm

we need a tutorial for how use breakable objets in sor and wich are the positions to place the objet please, i have the same problem as tarma

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:55 pm

wawatu wrote:we need a tutorial for how use breakable objets in sor and wich are the positions to place the objet please, i have the same problem as tarma

Just answered your question in the post above. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Saven wrote:Hey Tarma, when you are in FPG Edit, right click on the image you are on and click edit. Go to the control point tab, and when you are there, mark the bottom center button on the right hand side of the window where you have nine areas to mark, then click on Put Center and do the same for the rest of your images that need to be animated. Everything should be in the proper place and not out of sync anymore.

If you have any questions on this still, feel free to ask. Me and Charco had a little issue with it last week and we eventually figured it out and how to properly set it. Wink
Oh, thank you very much. Smile I did it!

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 QN7oRc4 Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Mw5Orx5 Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 0EKXINE
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Nice!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 am

Okay, here are some extra tips about the control points.

A control point in the middle will make the item appear a lot lower than it should. Its hit point will be higher than its ground clearance. By default (if you don't place any control point), you'll see that the character will walk through the item and cross over it, cuz its value starts in the middle of the sprite.

Now, let's say you place a control point at the very bottom. Now the value of the item will be right as the sprite beings from the bottom, and will still feel odd cuz lacks dimensionality (yeah, I made up that word, so sue me). You'll see that, in proportion of the original item you're placing in SORmaker, it will appear higher than it really is. In a 2d environment would work, or ONLY with the "wall" item, as it won't be placed in any Z place over your map, a wall item will ALWAYS appear at the very bottom.

So, your control point should be placed in an X area right where the cubical perspective of the item appear...and the Y one would be right in the middle. How to place this control point visually?

"put points in image"

There. the image will pop up. in there you can place your control point as I describe you (also, I might recommend you to set the control point color in white so you can identify it easier). Basically, try to place your control points in a very low area without reaching the bottom, otherwise, your sprite will lose dimensionality.

When you set it, try it again and walk around the item with your character and feel its "dimensionality" within the scroller, see if it clips, if the position is as you want it, etc.

It's always to try the new items in an empty scene, without enemies, this way you can place the items you need in specific areas.

I'll make a proper tutorial about it, but I need images and I'm at work now. Guess it's easier to explain this with images. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Coming (very) soon...

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 SDIEF3w
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

daniel2221 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:17 am

Woo~! cheers

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinhart Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Had a lot of fun with Rescue Metro City, it's without doubt one of the the best mods for SORR. Looking forward to the new version.

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Nice!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Glad to read this. Smile
Don Vecta, thank you, you gave me the idea.

Reinhart, did you try Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 TWEv358, released on 17th november?
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  EddyCartoon Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 am

Tried to download the game, only to find out the link is dead. UGH Neutral

EddyCartoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 am

I uploaded the mod again, it is okay. But, if you didn't play it because of Streets of Rage Remake v5.1... Stay tuned...
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinhart Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:39 am

Tarma wrote:Reinhart, did you try Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 TWEv358, released on 17th november?

Mmm, I don't know exactly what version I have, but I downloaded it years ago, so something tells me it's not version 2.0 Very Happy

I'll wait for the newest version before playing the mod again, though.

Anyway, what I liked the most in your mod was how well even Final Fight 2 areas were integrated into being parts of Metro City. It makes you feel you're exploring a very big city, it gives the mod an "epic" feeling. Also the fact that you see the Mad Gear gang being overthrown by the Syndicate, it makes you feel there's really a war going on in the streets. Outstanding work, Tarma, both on the technical side and on the storyline/atmosphere side.

Reinhart
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  EddyCartoon Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Tarma wrote:I uploaded the mod again, it is okay. But, if you didn't play it because of Streets of Rage Remake v5.1... Stay tuned...

Thanks for reuploading it, Tarma. cheers

EddyCartoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:55 pm

You are welcome. Smile

If almost nobody played Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City v2.0 released on 17th November, I understand. Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 was released on 4th November with outstanding features, so my mod was out-of-date.
Okay, okay, I understand. Sad

So, if you are playing SoRR v5.1, I have to present...

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 ZmnWUAA  Very Happy

Features:

- all v2.0 news
- breakable objects from Final Fight (CPS), Final Fight (SNES), Final Fight CD, Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3 (and Streets of Rage Remake, of course)
- cutscenes with Final Fight portraits
- cutscenes as endings, with new credits.png picture
- .fpg files optimized
- new musics for Player Select, Stage Clear and Game Over
- Classic mod unlockable, with old graphics, old musics and original breakable objects

Download link:

http://www.filedropper.com/rescuemetrocity21

Snapshots:

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Jrr7Vu4
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 SWC06a1 Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 G2kUW5S
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 4vmj3wy Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 XUunzG2

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 ZnfkQzj
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 VNfS9gJ Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 HJpEutH
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 MTxXt8c Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 FH0Itaq

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Px2uO1k
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 FCeWRiI Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 6BuE89N
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 HtEJ67B Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 V1wGwdu

Last edited by Tarma on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Yay! First mod of the year! Downloading.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Good to see the first mod revamp after the 5.1 update released. I'll download it tomorrow for new year Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:41 am

Damn I need to fix my PC fast, all I can do right now is watch future playthroughs and fap Sad

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 pm

I think I could use a mirror. I'm on my 6th attempt and only get a broken rar file. Pretty please?

EDIT: FUCK FILEDROPPER (more like drop in their fucking ass!) I'm in my 14th attempt and this piece of shit keeps breaking! Yeah, I'm pretty fed of this shit, waste of time and bandwidth!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Don Vecta wrote:I think I could use a mirror. I'm on my 6th attempt and only get a broken rar file. Pretty please?

EDIT: FUCK FILEDROPPER (more like drop in their fucking ass!) I'm in my 14th attempt and this piece of shit keeps breaking! Yeah, I'm pretty fed of this shit, waste of time and bandwidth!

Try this Donnie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2NXdpTFRIMWVlN2c/view?usp=sharing
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:20 pm

bazzza wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:I think I could use a mirror. I'm on my 6th attempt and only get a broken rar file. Pretty please?

Try this Donnie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2NXdpTFRIMWVlN2c/view?usp=sharing

You sir, is awesome! Thank you, thank you.

EDIT: Okay, I'm playing it, game has a gamebreaker. Some Signal-1 is stuck somewhere else at Industrial Area and not even an enemy drop will wake him up. Oddly enough, his shadow is walking up there.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 4 Gamebreakersnapshot_zpsd2d2678f

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Yeah, I should use another site than Filedropper... Embarassed

Regarding the gamebreaker, I cannot find it. There is no Signal (SoR1) in the last part of this scene.

There are :
- 2 Juggler: all difficulty
- 1 Garcia (SoR1): Normal and above
- 1 Galvice: only 2P mode
- 1 Donovan (SoR2): Very Hard or above
- 1 Big-Ben (SoR2): all difficulty
- 1 Galsia (SoR2): all difficulty
- 1 Electra (SoR3): all difficulty
- 1 Donovan (SoR2): Hard or above
- 1 Galsia (SoR3): Normal or above
- 1 Garcia (SoR1): only in Mania
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah, it's kinda odd. I edited the stage with a police call to find the anomaly, reloaded the stage (god bless the new savestate feature) and tried again. It worked fine.

Gotta try many times if it happens again.

Later on, I'll do a more detailed review and some technical advice if you plan to make another revision. So far, game looks awesome and just finished FF1 route.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 pm

New version? Downloading! Testing!

Thanx very much!

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next