SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?

+8
cabo-hicks
Benny26
Saven
NeoVamp
Mr.Din
badjab326
Xenovant
Don Vecta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?  Empty WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Okay, can anybody explain to me...

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?  Whatsthisshit

http://n4g.com/news/1254887/street-of-rage-remake-is-in-development-by-indie-game-studio-epidemic

The "read more" takes me to a google translation page in Arabic
http://gamefa.com/75048/street-of-rage-remake-is-in-development-by-indie-game-studio-epidemic/

Really, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?  Empty Re: WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?

Post  Xenovant Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Well... I don't give a fuck about this "remake". Something tells me that it's just another group of idiots that want to take advantage of a great name. Even the cover or their remake make me laugh, they have made it using the original cover in a program for making these type of things: "let's use a template with the original cover and we are done!, we are so stupid that we don't even know how to make a cover on our own!"

In the arabic part says something about "Cry Engine 3". Will they use this engine for making their shitty game? If I'm right, their "remake" should be in 3d.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?  Empty Re: WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?

Post  badjab326 Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 pm

We are going to put all elements of Streets of Rage Series in this version.
It’s going to be made for PC (Windows), but if it has positive feedback we’ll release it for Android and iOS

PC only is very suspicious.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu May 16, 2013 2:12 am

so basically 1/5th of v5, possibly in 3d, no console release. welp not getting my hopes high on this one and I'm usually optimistic about this stuff.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm

One word comes to my mind: vapourware.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Thu May 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Where does it say they are backed by Sega? this seems more like they are just a couple homebrewers.

1. Cry Engine 3.

Yeah lets use something that we have to license and pay money for, all for a simple brawler game!
what's that? using Cry Engine 3 might be overdoing it for a simple brawler? what? it reeks of homebrew?!

2. Streets of Rage Remake.
Yeah backed by Sega my ass, Sega would know better then to let them use the same name as Bombergames' game.
I mean these are the same people who wrecked havoc on Youtube when people uploaded Shining Force clips,
you'd think they wouldn't tell these guys to NOT USE A NAME OF WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS CLIPS ON YOUTUBE!?

PC Only.
Because they are just homebrewers, so PC only.

Stupid fucks, I'm not even jealous, its just that.. who fucking uses a name that is already taken?!!!

Homebrewers nothing more, nothing more will come from this other then maybe 1 badly skinned model walking on a road straight from FarCry 3.

NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm

NeoVamp wrote:Where does it say they are backed by Sega? this seems more like they are just a couple homebrewers.

1. Cry Engine 3.

Yeah lets use something that we have to license and pay money for, all for a simple brawler game!
what's that? using Cry Engine 3 might be overdoing it for a simple brawler? what? it reeks of homebrew?!

2. Streets of Rage Remake.
Yeah backed by Sega my ass, Sega would know better then to let them use the same name as Bombergames' game.
I mean these are the same people who wrecked havoc on Youtube when people uploaded Shining Force clips,
you'd think they wouldn't tell these guys to NOT USE A NAME OF WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS CLIPS ON YOUTUBE!?

PC Only.
Because they are just homebrewers, so PC only.

Stupid fucks, I'm not even jealous, its just that.. who fucking uses a name that is already taken?!!!

Homebrewers nothing more, nothing more will come from this other then maybe 1 badly skinned model walking on a road straight from FarCry 3.

Yeah, I got this from Groovemaster 303 and yeah, he corrected himself. Not backed by SEGA.

Thus, vapourware.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Thu May 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Someone should post on their site and mention that the name "Streets of Rage Remake" is already taken.

By someone who actually released more then just a 3D rendered cover.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah, using a already used name is a dick move on their part (Wanna bet that JadaQuan is helping with this project? Razz ). I don't even know why they would use SORR at their name anyways, they have to know that Sega has already put the banhammer on our SORR, that would probably just get them even more pissed off when they find out about it.

Oh well, based on the engine they are using, I can't really see this going too far and like Vamp said, we will probably get one 3D model at best.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Thu May 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Only one Remake for me.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Regarding their Sega connections, this is what the Admin (apparently) said when asked about it.

Admin answers: Hey you, dear friend, After completion of this project will be a game for the Sega will be sold
with the consent of the company otherwise the project is available for download.
Cry game engine is built and the next will be 2.5 (classic gameplay will not worry)

Guess that means they are gonna sell it if they get Sega's support, otherwise free download.

ugh, painful.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 am

So basically if Sega says no to the project, they are going the "fuck it" route and do it anyways? That will work out well for them. Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Sat May 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Seems someone called them out, Translation is somewhat strange.. had to change Rymyk to Remake.

Javed : Thursday 26 Persian date Ordibehesht 1392 07:10
Do not bother with greetings. Do not make yourself a remake I already made Mickey Ray that took seven years
to make and enable you to give out your name! It Mnzvrmh: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/ thanks ...

Admin answers: I have healthy, Mtmnn else do we declined to publish his own name.
The remake with Unity engine is currently under construction and does nothing else to play. Good luck.

ugh.. translation machines are still in its infancy.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat May 18, 2013 8:22 pm

NeoVamp wrote:Seems someone called them out, Translation is somewhat strange.. had to change Rymyk to Remake.

Javed : Thursday 26 Persian date Ordibehesht 1392 07:10
Do not bother with greetings. Do not make yourself a remake I already made Mickey Ray that took seven years
to make and enable you to give out your name! It Mnzvrmh: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/ thanks ...

Admin answers: I have healthy, Mtmnn else do we declined to publish his own name.
The remake with Unity engine is currently under construction and does nothing else to play. Good luck.

ugh.. translation machines are still in its infancy.
terrible translations, damn machines. xD

wonder what the admin is saying exactly.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 pm

another one banned? Suspect well it looks that sega continues "making friends" outhere... sigh... Evil or Very Mad

but what is the problem?
is easy to do...

never tell you real name. never use a website. just use youtube or one blog for share your work...
meanwhile they dont know the real person that are behind the musgo they dont know where attack, right?
(sorry the "jose mota" joke lol!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8LwcPQ32bI
jose mota: el ultimo superviviente/the last survivor". behind the musgo i got a ugly and wild hambuguer... lol! lol!
and their "fake english" invented... Razz

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:another one banned? Suspect well it looks that sega continues "making friends" outhere... sigh... Evil or Very Mad

What? noone got banned here, they merely said that if Sega doesn't want their remake then they'll put it online for free.

Not that they have a remake, they have a 3D rendered case that's what they have.
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 pm

oh... ok then.

but yeah, they dont have nothing yet? Shocked
cause i only can see the cover, but not none screenshot of this other sor remake. Razz

i suppose they could use openbor for it, that righ now have more features. or even gamemaker, that allows well used, can make jewels too.
(night slashers x openbor is great, and metal slug 1.5 or metal slug 5 elite gamemaker fangames are very good too. for say some very good fangames examples of those engines)

ps:
---
aside note: i see in the other sor place, one sorr port for linux guys. so it looks the sorr ports post must be updated...

greetings

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:i suppose they could use openbor for it, that righ now have more features. or even gamemaker, that allows well used, can make jewels too.

Did you even read the post they made? they are using CryEngine, so they are planning to make it with 3D models.

not that it will ever be made, I've seen so many dropped projects that start of by saying "oh yeah latest technology, we're already making t-shirts!"

then.. "oh yeah due to reasons and life we had to quit"

Always ends up the same, when you start a project by showing of a cover you're pretty much already dead in the water. Razz
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri May 24, 2013 3:36 pm

NeoVamp wrote:
cabo-hicks wrote:i suppose they could use openbor for it, that righ now have more features. or even gamemaker, that allows well used, can make jewels too.

Did you even read the post they made? they are using CryEngine, so they are planning to make it with 3D models.

not that it will ever be made, I've seen so many dropped projects that start of by saying "oh yeah latest technology, we're already making t-shirts!"

then.. "oh yeah due to reasons and life we had to quit"

Always ends up the same, when you start a project by showing of a cover you're pretty much already dead in the water. Razz

Or if you just work on the soundtrack and complete that first. Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 pm

yeah, thats the problem... maybe the 80%? of the fangames was abandoned and cancelled. thats why when one like sorr or metal slug 1.5 comes they are REALLY special. and not only for be very good, also for they was completed.

for example: castlevania is one of those games with more fangames abandoned...! Razz Sad

well, with the exception of one: "castlevania fighter by serio".
created first for a boss rush mode only, and that now it looks could become into one entire game like the originals. Smile

well, i hope this new sor remake fangame really can start even.

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoVamp Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:well, i hope this new sor remake fangame really can start even.

then you're a traitor! they are stealing the "Streets of Rage Remake" name and you're okay with it!

WTF~!? Another Streets of Rage Remake? Backed by SEGA!?  Mob-angry

GET HIM! What a Face
NeoVamp
NeoVamp
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri May 24, 2013 7:15 pm

hehehe Laughing Laughing lol!

well, is truth is truth, hehe Razz. they can take other name. in fact is a little confusing...

bomberlink, are you there again doing other remake!? Razz lol!

something like "sor remake the fighting spirit" or something, you know for say is not this remake by bomberlink.

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri May 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Only way I'll ever accept a full 3d SoR is if it's something of a mixture between Yakuza, Anarchy Reigns and Urban Reign. we all know that'll never actually happen but a man can dream.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Mr.Din wrote:Only way I'll ever accept a full 3d SoR is if it's something of a mixture between Yakuza, Anarchy Reigns and Urban Reign. we all know that'll never actually happen but a man can dream.

QTF and what not. I'd be all over that.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat May 25, 2013 1:04 am

I was thinking more along lines of MK Shaolin Monks, The Warriors and Urban Reign, with a bit of Dynamite Cop thrown in. Haven't played much of Yakuza or AR yet though.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next