SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

+20
gravegun
LaGsDAI92
I.am.Blaze
vince
Ducobson
DEIA GAMES
HeroBorn
Shadow Fist King
Winged Cat
Tarma
cabo-hicks
DarkThief
BigDarsh
Don Vecta
iceweb38
Charco
argomight
xRainmakerRSx
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Empty Re: | Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:24 pm

HeroBorn wrote:Yes, post a 4shared link. I'll try that instead. In the meantime, I'll download your updated mod.

ok! await your opinion!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Empty Re: | Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2 |

Post  DEIA GAMES Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Very Nice MOD Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DEIA GAMES
DEIA GAMES
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:15 pm

This mod needs an update following the 5.1 patch...the battle with the 2 Shiva's on the shadow route is now impossible thanks to the enemy grab range increase.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 pm

DarkThief wrote:This mod needs an update following the 5.1 patch...the battle with the 2 Shiva's on the shadow route is now impossible thanks to the enemy grab range increase.

I'm really sorry about this, you can try playing on a lower difficulty for a few times and then up the difficulty of your game! thanks for playing!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:46 pm

xRainmakerRSx wrote:
DarkThief wrote:This mod needs an update following the 5.1 patch...the battle with the 2 Shiva's on the shadow route is now impossible thanks to the enemy grab range increase.

I'm really sorry about this, you can try playing on a lower difficulty for a few times and then up the difficulty of your game! thanks for playing!

It's not your fault, that fight was based around 5.0a when Shiva was fairly simple...now he's had such a huge increase in toughness with 5.1, fights with 2 Shiva's are no longer viable. (at least not with x5 on both of them)

Changing to a lower difficulty makes no difference, as the rest of the mod is no harder than before. (save for a small increase on Abadede)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducobson Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 am

The download link has expired or has been removed ... you can add it again?
Thank You.
Ducobson
Ducobson
Donovan

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Empty 4shared posted now!

Post  xRainmakerRSx Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 pm

HeroBorn wrote:Yes, post a 4shared link. I'll try that instead. In the meantime, I'll download your updated mod.

4shared posted now!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:30 am

Hello!
I tried this new version. I remember some bugs that seem to be corrected, for example in the level just after the final Mr. X, I was blocked at the end because the whip clown fell out of the screen, but now it is ok. However, strange that now, there is only one enemy in all this level.
You gave up the music SoR intro + MS loop (good idea, but result was weird). The "new" musics are ok, but some of them have some bugs that not depend on the game itself, because we can hear them just in Winamp (for example, the boss music, around 0'35 and 1'15). Besides, why the .ogg files are so heavy? Ten or twenty minutes each one of them???
You add the number of the stage at the screen, that is original and convenient, but in the stage 8 (the ruins), it is on the timer, and not under it, and the level after, there is nothing.
So, a good mod, and I really like it.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:02 pm

vince wrote: Besides, why the .ogg files are so heavy? Ten or twenty minutes each one of them???
He might not know how to make a music loop without clip because it's kind of tricky to do, and sometime very tedious, so I assume he bypassed this affordeance by recording tracks that are longer than the scene. It's a bit wild but it works.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:56 am

BigDarsh wrote:He might not know how to make a music loop without clip because it's kind of tricky to do, and sometime very tedious, so I assume he bypassed this affordeance by recording tracks that are longer than the scene. It's a bit wild but it works.
Yes, I can understand that. But the main problem is these musics are bugged and full of distorded sounds.

Besides, I forgot a little but very good and funny idea of the game: the wall lasers put in robots heads!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  I.am.Blaze Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm

What version is the one available through the firedrop link in the completed mods index? I downloaded this
& played to the last level (lava cave) & found a dead end screen where there is no way to proceed after killing all the enemies.

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Dsc_0410

There were 2 fire throwers at this last screen that need to be beaten before getting stuck in the one I played however I saw another playthrough video on youtube of this same screen with only 1 enemy (kangaroo guy with a whip).
I.am.Blaze
I.am.Blaze
Galsia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUqpyoA7ag_ObJz1rFablGA

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:11 am

I.am.Blaze wrote:What version is the one available through the firedrop link in the completed mods index? I downloaded this
& played to the last level (lava cave) & found a dead end screen where there is no way to proceed after killing all the enemies.

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Dsc_0410

There were 2 fire throwers at this last screen that need to be beaten before getting stuck in the one I played however I saw another playthrough video on youtube of this same screen with only 1 enemy (kangaroo guy with a whip).

exactly! you need to download the updated version! (1.6 is the current version)
Those two enemies were erased and the kangaroo clown was put to solve the bug!

Download version 1.6 and you able to see why this is a beautiful complete mod !!!! bounce

We'll talk again!

Last edited by xRainmakerRSx on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

vince wrote:
BigDarsh wrote:He might not know how to make a music loop without clip because it's kind of tricky to do, and sometime very tedious, so I assume he bypassed this affordeance by recording tracks that are longer than the scene. It's a bit wild but it works.
Yes, I can understand that. But the main problem is these musics are bugged and full of distorded sounds.

Besides, I forgot a little but very good and funny idea of the game: the wall lasers put in robots heads!

BigDarsh is right. I've put tracks longer than the scenes by being easier to edit, but I do not use the 'loop' feature because with the original and short tracks and many moments without sound.

"vince wrote:"
Yes, I can understand that. But the main problem is that these songs are full of distorted sounds. "

Hi Vince!
Seriously? I confess I did not feel it! the original metal slug .midi or .mp3 files I converted to .ogg and the result was really good here!
Maybe the files have undergone some process change, download, compression or decompression for the folder on your system, maybe, I do not know. Has anyone else had this problem? Let's check it out!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm

xRainmakerRSx wrote:Seriously? I confess I did not feel it! the original metal slug .midi or .mp3 files I converted to .ogg and the result was really good here!
Maybe the files have undergone some process change, download, compression or decompression for the folder on your system, maybe, I do not know. Has anyone else had this problem? Let's check it out!
I hear the same when listening to the .ogg files directly with a player (winamp or vlc). For example: the boss music, around 0'35 and 1'15. Don't you hear the same?
Besides, I listened to videos of your mod on Youtube, and that's the same, for example:
https://youtu.be/1wgEHni5u40?t=399
at 6:42 we can hear like a crash.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  LaGsDAI92 Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 am

vince wrote:
xRainmakerRSx wrote:Seriously? I confess I did not feel it! the original metal slug .midi or .mp3 files I converted to .ogg and the result was really good here!
I hear the same when listening to the .ogg files directly with a player (winamp or vlc). For example: the boss music, around 0'35 and 1'15. Don't you hear the same?
Besides, I listened to videos of your mod on Youtube, and that's the same, for example:
Yeah i noticed that aswell when i was playing it (That's my video btw) hahaha Very Happy
LaGsDAI92
LaGsDAI92
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:43 pm

LaGsDAI92 wrote:
vince wrote:
Yeah i noticed that aswell when i was playing it (That's my video btw) hahaha Very Happy

I realized that now. in any case it is something small, rather discreet and must have occurred during the conversion made a few years ago. When I got the files they were in .mp3 I guess and when I converted them to .ogg files these crashes may have occurred!

I intend to record a video myself playing. Both Metal Slug Special Edition and Maximum of Rage. So I can review some things better.

If you download and use the "palettes" folder you will have a more complete experience in mod! bounce

If you find any song error that is stronger than that let me know!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Empty highway Dora gets stuck

Post  gravegun Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm

This is a great great mod by the way. It's definitely one of ones I consistently play the most.
There is one flaw and I'm surprised no one has posted. On the Highway route if you move to advance too far right on the highway itself, the black female Dora character gets stuck in the sky and there's no way to kill her off to continue. It happens after the 2nd time you have to jump over the breaks on the highway. Then on the next one, if you move too far right before she shows up, she somehow gets stuck and you can only see her shadow. If you call the police or you commit suicide, you see her fall down on the left, but then she disappears again and you only see her shadow again. Calling the police for each life you have remaining is not enough to kill her off. You have no choice but to quit and start again. Anyone else notice this?

gravegun
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:07 pm

gravegun wrote:This is a great great mod by the way. It's definitely one of ones I consistently play the most.
There is one flaw and I'm surprised no one has posted.  On the Highway route if you move to advance too far right on the highway itself, the black female Dora character gets stuck in the sky and there's no way to kill her off to continue.  It happens after the 2nd time you have to jump over the breaks on the highway. Then on the next one, if you move too far right before she shows up, she somehow gets stuck and you can only see her shadow. If you call the police or you commit suicide, you see her fall down on the left, but then she disappears again and you only see her shadow again. Calling the police for each life you have remaining is not enough to kill her off. You have no choice but to quit and start again. Anyone else notice this?

Seriously? In fact, nobody reported this bug! I haven't checked the forum for a long time. BUT as soon as possible I will check it out!

Thank you very much for reporting!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Yeah, on the Highway Route, in the scene before facing the boss, there is female enemy (Nora) which stuck on the left side of the screen. Even you can see her shadow there

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 JvFaa9B

Even when my Sonic calls the police, it only deal small amount of damage to her, so I got stuck here, at least for a while

Why just for a while? Thanks to Elle. I was summoning her on 2P Controller, then I using her powerful electric attacks twice (by sacrificing one of her lives of course xD), then finally I was able to kill that Nora and proceed to the next stage Very Happy

That bug needs to be fixed, and by the way, when you facing the boss on 1st stage, one of Galsia has a default palettes. Considering most of Galsia on 1st stage are using a brown color, perhaps you forgot to change that one. Or maybe it wasn't a mistake?
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:17 am

Persephone wrote:Yeah, on the Highway Route, in the scene before facing the boss, there is female enemy (Nora) which stuck on the left side of the screen. Even you can see her shadow there

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 JvFaa9B

Even when my Sonic calls the police, it only deal small amount of damage to her, so I got stuck here, at least for a while

Why just for a while? Thanks to Elle. I was summoning her on 2P Controller, then I using her powerful electric attacks twice (by sacrificing one of her lives of course xD), then finally I was able to kill that Nora and proceed to the next stage Very Happy

That bug needs to be fixed, and by the way, when you facing the boss on 1st stage, one of Galsia has a default palettes. Considering most of Galsia on 1st stage are using a brown color, perhaps you forgot to change that one. Or maybe it wasn't a mistake?

I understand what you are saying and I did not find this bug. However, more people besides you have informed me about it. I will review this and update the version 1.7 link. I will change all 'nora enemies' if necessary.

And about galsia in the original palette, it was intentional! He's there in that normal color because he drops food! it's a marker.

Thanks for your help!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Empty STREETS OF RAGE V 5.2 IN ON THE TABLE ! TIME DO UPDATE MOD!

Post  xRainmakerRSx Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:40 pm

I wanted to write here today to say that I am very excited about the main game news and how it affects the sormaker engine. I am already working on the adjustments for | SOR R | Metal Slug SE | 1.7 2020!

Soon news and some updates besides bug fixes (even though I recently played both ways and found none)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DS0R5hg0Y&t=842s&ab_channel=xRainmakerRSxxRainmakerRSx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ6g1iSldYs&t=1419s&ab_channel=xRainmakerRSxxRainmakerRSx

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Don Vecta and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:34 pm

I don't remember reading this but now that I read it I will put it on the list of things to be reviewed!

I am no longer a frequent player, racing 'mania' for breakfast. So maybe now I think more like a causal player during the updates.

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  excalex2 Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:50 am

xRainmakerRSx wrote:

I don't remember reading this but now that I read it I will put it on the list of things to be reviewed!

I am no longer a frequent player, racing 'mania' for breakfast. So maybe now I think more like a causal player during the updates.

The 2 Shivas are not that problematic when I was playing through with Max. Yes, they are problematic but not that problematic. Now, the actual problematic enemy is the Yamato. When you have more than one of them on the same screen, the Yamato can sometimes combo ninja star throws that it becomes very difficult to evade. I lost multiple lives with the continual ninja star throws (and they take down so much HP). Overall, this mod is much harder than I expected and made me use a continue on just hard mode when I can normally clear the main hard mode campaign without any continues. Now, I am playing the mod on SORR v5.2 (not much error, just for some reason a bit of lag) so maybe that has something to do with it. As for what my in-game settings are, I used original damage and changed the pause delay to SOR3. Yeah, it made the game like 10 times easier but I'm not good with this game anyways. Now, maybe the character you use have something to do with how difficult facing two Shivas is but Max is very good at facing them through utilization of the slide blitz.

EDIT: Now I have successfully managed to complete one of the routes on Mania Difficulty using Max without using any continues. Of course, I still use 5 lives at the start but I managed to pull it off with 4 lives remaining to boot. Feeling pretty happy my skill is improving in this game.

excalex2
Galsia

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm

the game are already launch! try de new version my friend, link on the top! not in 4shared but you may able to get in my google drive for sure!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:34 am

There's a softlock in stage 2-6.
The problem are these bunch. You set those as ROUND 2 (I really don't know why), since there's no screen lock ahead, those guys will pop up until I've killed all round one ones, but if I walk ahead and spawn the further enemies who are ROUND 1, the round 2 ones won't show up and they'' spawn out of bounds... and since ahead there's a void, the round 2 ones are locked somewhere and they won't appear not even with a police call. So change all those enemies into round one.

Also, the scrolling parallax for backgrounds are always in NEGATIVE numbers, otherwise, the scroll will look odd. For example, on this stage, the background scroll speed should be either at 0.96 or 0.90, not at 1.4. 1+ speed are for foregrounds that are in parallax.

| Sor metal slug se 1.8 v5.2  |  - Page 3 Unknown

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next