SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 Hardest mods atm

+6
BigDarsh
xRainmakerRSx
Don Vecta
Benny26
realnabarl
DarkThief
10 posters

Go down

Top 5 Hardest mods atm Empty Top 5 Hardest mods atm

Post  DarkThief Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Having played most of the current mods on Mania (various toons), I've come up with a list of what I think are the hardest ones:

(in no particular order, and not counting troll mods or misc. game-mode mods)

1. Maximum of Rage (original version)
2. Rushing Beat (including grandmaster stage)
3. Fists of the Street DF (including Ruby's story stage)
4. Warriors of Fate (original version)
5. Double Dragon II Advanced Megamix (all routes back-to-back)

Those are my hardest (in terms of finishing without continue loss), but what are yours?

EDIT: updated Apr 2014

Last edited by DarkThief on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Hardest mods atm Empty Re: Top 5 Hardest mods atm

Post  realnabarl Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

The difficulty also depends on the score and bonus you could get.
You can get 20+ extra lives in Adam's Story (from score and item), it is possible to left many lives at the end.

Another standard is how many lives were lost in a playthrough.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:22 pm

The standard I use is finishing without continue loss. Adam's Story only gives you the 1ups at the end, when all the hard bits are done. (you can't really fail once you've done the press room)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Did you manage to finish all of my mod on Mania?

Edit: I guess not.

Last edited by Benny26 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 pm

H.U.N.T.E.R. in the Vegas drug trip route I thought was harder than the underground factory. But probly just me.

So Rushing Beat you also sensed it harder? Maybe for the very scarce food I put on it?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 pm

DarkThief wrote:Having played most of the current mods on Mania (various toons), I've come up with a list of what I think are the hardest ones:

(not counting Survival 5-8 as it's a survival mod, or Boss Rushes of Rage as it's a troll mod Razz)

1. Maximum of Rage (original version, not played the nerfed one yet)
2. Rushing Beat (including grandmaster stage)
3. Adam's Story (taking all the "new" routes)
4. H.U.N.T.E.R (mission 3 factory route)
5. Gangs of Fury

Those are my hardest (in terms of finishing without continue loss), but what are yours?

I agree with you ...! and about the "number one" = D
I've been thinking, I'll put the link to the files that I use in my mod after correction stage 7 + jet3 ma bear as a "patch" called "WITHOUT easy food" for players who want to have it!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:10 am

Don Vecta wrote:H.U.N.T.E.R. in the Vegas drug trip route I thought was harder than the underground factory. But probly just me.

So Rushing Beat you also sensed it harder? Maybe for the very scarce food I put on it?

Maybe it was character choice I dunno...I did Zan on the trippy route and Adam on the factory, I'm somewhat better with Zan (I had well over x9 before the crash at Vehelits, with Adam I had x1 or x2 after the extra boss rush). Could be polices also, since they're allowed in a good chunk of the trippy route but not in the factory once you get inside.

Rushing Beat was all about stage 2...it must've took me 2 hours to get past it without life loss (due to the low food, the Goldie/Ho-Oh/Haku-Oh combinations and the boss). In most mods I try to get past the first couple of stages without life loss and then find it was unneccessary to do, but not here - I knew the grandmaster stage was tough and I also needed the 3 stars to make life a lot easier after stage 2...which it was, I didn't drop a life until stage 6 but finished the grandmaster stage with x3 (so I don't think I'd have made it with 1-2 life losses in stage 2)

So yeah, frustrating as hell but a worthy challenge nonetheless. (I'd probably do better with Rudra because she's more survivable and has magic...Skate 2 is my best toon but harder to play, especially when there's no polices at all)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:43 am

Well, yeah, actually it's quite friendly about difficulty. Hard mode has the strict positioning of the original and no extra enemies/badass combinations I added from Very Hard to above. I wanted Mania players (like myself and Laucorn, who helped me to test the game too with X) to pack a nice, powerful challenge without being way too abrasive (like random stupid boss-as-mooks combinations or stuff like that). Anyways, glad you enjoyed the burn!

I personally loved the enemy positioning of Adam's Story. This was the department of Caj and she really knew how to make entertaining and tough battles, this remarkable in all the boss fights. Some mook/boss (i.e. Barbon/Signal-3), mook/sub-boss (say Electra-2/Electra-3), sub-boss/sub-boss (Jack/Slash + Galsia-1 with knives) and even mook/mook (Troll ninjas /Hakus) type of enemy combinations worked pretty well as boss fights and some enemies who are usually lame by themselves (like Yamato, for example) with the perfect combination can become a real tough challenge (but them with a never ending line of block-happy Tigers).

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:06 am

Don Vecta wrote:I personally loved the enemy positioning of Adam's Story. This was the department of Caj and she really knew how to make entertaining and tough battles, this remarkable in all the boss fights.

Quoted for the truth. I played a tons of mod and I have to admit this: Battle Design and Enemy placement are the very core of a sidescroller brawler. Lots of mods are great here for theme, cutscene even plot sometime but fail sometime in making entertaining battle from the start to the end. That's were CajNatalie as a real talent and good knowledge of mooks behavior and ability to make challenging but interesting battle. On top of that, she know how to scale from hard to mania and proove it in most of her mods (Golden Rage, SoRI,II,III for V5 and Adam Story Extended).

To be on topic, I think that Mania Set in Final Rage 1 is one of the toughest mod on this forum, because using v5 Abadede as a Mook was just a terrible choice to me (I apologize if I offend anyone here, since I have a ton of respect for his work).
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:46 am

My top 5 hard mods at the moment

1-SOR maximum of Rage original ver.

2-H.U.N.T.E.R. nightsweep new ver.

3-Adam´s Story extended new routes

4-SOR 3 mod

5- V4 Remake original ver.

Don Vecta wrote:
I personally loved the enemy positioning of Adam's Story. This was the department of Caj and she really knew how to make entertaining and tough battles, this remarkable in all the boss fights. Some mook/boss (i.e. Barbon/Signal-3), mook/sub-boss (say Electra-2/Electra-3), sub-boss/sub-boss (Jack/Slash + Galsia-1 with knives) and even mook/mook (Troll ninjas /Hakus) type of enemy combinations worked pretty well as boss fights and some enemies who are usually lame by themselves (like Yamato, for example) with the perfect combination can become a real tough challenge (but them with a never ending line of block-happy Tigers).

THIS!

Adam's Story to me is the mod that have the best enemy positions to me this is a strong point for this mod.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:25 pm

The Hydra
The New Aliance
DEIA-SOR_BK WORLD OF THE GAMES

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm

My top 5 hardest mods

1. Boss rushes of rage
2. Maximum Rage
3. Adams Story
4. Hunter (Third path)
5. Golden Axe
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I've got Top 3 hardest mods:

1. Boss Rushes of Rage (Skullfucked Route)
2. Maximum Rage (Original Version)
3. H. U. N. T. E. R. Gaiden: Nightsweeper Operation.

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Updated Apr 2014, as we've had quite a few releases/updates since I did this post originally.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down